Christina & Geancarlo PJ (10/4/08) WP&GF: Planning 5 year Anniversary back at GF

So now we meet Michelle and she gives us the tour of where the cocktail hour should be and reception, I was in AWE at how beautiful the room was, we will be having the cocktail hour inside and out. 2 open bars, 1 inside and one outside.... String Trio to play outside on the veranda....

It will be nice ( I got these pics from Lurkyloo on the Dis)
IMG_4584.jpg

IMG_4583.jpg

IMG_4582.jpg

IMG_4580.jpg

So we head over to the St. Augustine Hall Room where our reception will be
ITS GORGEOUS AS IS

I couldnt believe I was standing in the room that I will be in when I am married....:goodvibes it felt weird... that the next time i am in this mood I will be dancing with my new husband..

These chandeliers are so spectacular in person
DSC02882.jpg

We will be covering the chairs with a white cotton cover and a champagne satin sash.. all the linens are an ivory color...
DSC02883.jpg

So now after we discussed how the room will be set up, Michelle takes us to the kitchen, we couldnt take pics of the kitchen but we could take pics of the food
well when we walked in I saw this.. and I asked Michelle if I could take a pic and she said yes....
I was so excited to see this... YEY its our names
CIMG2531.jpg

CIMG2532.jpg

So now we sit and Chef Corey and Chef Peter were with us explaining us the food

The table was set with a beautiful flower arrangement and candles... nice and romantic..lol

and here we are ready to eat<------- were getting excited...lol
CIMG2512.jpg

For cocktail hour we are having the premium cheese display with baguettes
and I am SO SORRY I was excited to eat the food that I FORGOT TO take apic of the cocktail hour appetizers...:sad2:
But I got a pic of the meatball stuffed with bleu cheese wrapped in bacon with a sweet sauce, we are also doing seafood fritters with a sauce and pot stickers.. EVERYTHING WAS SOOOOO GOOD

here is the meatball wrapped in bacon... can I tell you that its DELICIOUS
CIMG2515.jpg

here is my plate... sooo pretty
CIMG2513.jpg

So here is out menu- you all are the first to know what we are serving
Let me just add that Disney does everything so amazing and so well organized we were so impressed

Appetizer -Soup Course
Carrot Ginger Soup form Boma, mine and Geancarlo's FAVORITE
Here they are serving us the soup
CIMG2516.jpg

CIMG2517.jpg

We LOVED the soup- 2 thumbs up

They had someone constantly removing dirty dishes and serving us water
CIMG2518.jpg

Next Course
Salad-Iceberg Wedge Salad with Bleu Cheese and rosewater vinigarette

Intermezzo
Mango Sorbet with macerated fruits soaked in a liquour-this was my favorite
CIMG2521.jpg

After the intermezzo -the guests have a choice

Seared beef filet
freshwater Tilapia
Parmesan crusted chicken

We will be choosing these three main course with basil mashed potatoes and stemed vegetables.. we will not be doing the confetti rice.. the mashed potatoes are much better, plus I am a mashed potatoe girl

the beef filet was OH SO GOOD... everything was really
CIMG2528.jpg

This is the crusted chicken, but it will be w/o the cheese and parmesan sauce and it will have a mushroom sauce on top
this is served with mushroom risotto and I didnt like the risotto..
CIMG2530.jpg

Mom is just deciding which she likes better...lol
CIMG2529.jpg

I love that boutique at the GF! Lily Pulitzer is amazing! That's where I got my dress for the RD! Anyways, I think we are pretty much having the same reception! My pre-reception is going to be in the whitehall room/patio, and my reception is in St. Augustine C-D! Which rooms are you having yours?

I think it's great that your Dad went w/ you for your PS. My Dad wanted and still wants to go w/ us for ours but my Mom would rather have my Aunts there for creative planning purposes. I feel so bad, but in all honesty my Dad really wants to go so that he could go into the parks and we wouldn't have time for that.

Did you figure out what you are doing about a Catholic ceremony? (I thought you were on another post discussing that) I'm asking b/c I'm Episcopalian and having issues finding a priest.

They have a Lily Pulitzer shop in GF??? OMG I want a Lily dress for my tea party!! I will have to go there and buy one!!

I LOVE YOUR TR SO FAR!!!!!!!! I love your mom's expressions. She is adorable!!

I am oh so hungry now! I am going to have to try that soup when we go in September. You made it sound so good!
Anna Marie

My mom didnt like the marble with raspberry cake
CIMG2488.jpg

Mom is just deciding which she likes better...lol
CIMG2529.jpg

These photos of your mom are soooooooooooo funny :rotfl2:

Its great to see her getting so involved in the planning, wish my mum could be there with us when we go for ours but she can't make the trip in november and then in may again for the wedding :rolleyes:

LINZ XXX :)

EVerything looks great and yummy. Love the sign.:thumbsup2 I think it's cute that dad wanted to go with you too, my dad passed away but he would have went (I'm already married) if I had my wedding there 11 years ago.

Everything sound so yummy!! can't wait to hear the rest of it!!

Happy Anniversary!!! :cool1: :banana: :dance3:

That is great that you guys have been together for 9 years!!!!

Happy Anniversary (me and my DH have been together for almost 20 years and married for almost 12 years)

awww I just got flowers delivered to my job from Geancarlo

He is tooooo much

the card says

Happy Anniversary
I am so blessed to have you in my life
for these past 9 years. I cannot wait to marry you
and spend the rest of our life together.
Love you forever
Geancarlo

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter