CSR, POR, or All Star Sports??

• may

• may

• may not

• may

Results are only viewable after voting.

cantmakeupmind

Earning My Ears
Looking for experienced Disney-goers to help me make up my mind! Me, my husband and two boys, ages 8 and 10, will be going on our first and probably only Disney trip late September, 2004. I am having the hardest time deciding which resort to stay in. Between Sports, Coronado Springs, and Riverside. Difference b/t value and moderate is about $350. Is it worth the difference? Which one offers the best and most efficient transportation? Riverside looks beautiful, condensed, and peaceful (which looks great for me) but All Stars looks exciting for boys (for my kids); I don't wan't to be selfish here, but then Coronado looks quiet for peaceful evenings and sleep! Then there are the food courts to think of. Someone help!!!!!

CSR!! You won't be able to get your boys off the slide. CSR transportation is not shared with other resort.

First of all, welcome to DIS.

Your post triggered several conflicting thoughts in head - especial the comment about "never been to Disney before and this may be our only trip". I'm going to assume your trip is approx a week, I'd probably give slightly different advise if you are staying longer or short time.

For first time visitors there are basically two trains of thought - 1. you will be spending all your time in the parks so stay at the least expensive place you feel comfortable with. The other group says stay at the most expensive place you can afford, you will really appreciate the amenities of a deluxe over moderate, or in your case a moderate over a value. We have done both, and believe the extra amenities of the moderates are worth the extra cost. We have also thoroughly enjoyed our visits to value resorts - basically go prepared, be aware ahead of time what your choice does and does not include then you will not be disappointed.

Late September is not very crowded, so the bus situation shouldn't matter. Likewise the ASSp and POR foodcourts will be very similar. I believe the CSR food is the same types of food, but you are seated and drinks are brought to your table by a hostess.

POR just started renovation - one building at a time I believe, so there may be a shortage of rooms in this resort in September.

Anyway the bottom line to this long response, is that I don't think you can go too wrong whatever you choose - go with a positive attitude and let the Disnay magic do it's thing, you'll have a great time.

Good luck.

Jeff

an interesting question.

For me personally, I would pick CSR. However, we go every year at least twice and we've been going for 10 years. You said this is your first and only trip (ONLY??...are you serious?) Anyway, if that's the case you will probably be doing what we like to call on these boards - "commando park touring." Meaning you'll spend most of your time at the parks going from one attraction to the next. That said, my first inclination was to suggest that you go with All Stars - because you won't be spending much time at the resort.

But, then again, if is indeed your first and only trip - I also think you might want to splurge and go with one of the moderates. Either one - pick the theme that appeals to you the most. I've never stayed at POFQ, but I'm sure it's lovely. CSR is our favorite moderate resort. Heck, if it were my first or last trip - I would splurge and stay at a Deluxe. But that's just me.

Lastly, I'll betcha' it won't be your only trip. You might be hooked like the rest of us "worldphiles" and start going every year. LOL!

PamNC

I believe the CSR food is the same types of food, but you are seated and drinks are brought to your table by a hostess.
CSR has an extensive menu from steak to many ethnic choices. As well as a kids menu and burgers. Much better food than an ordinary food court

CSR has my vote! In fact, we had ressies at Contemporary Resort for the end of June and when AP rates came out we cancelled there and booked CSR plus an extra day! We spent Christmas week including Christmas at CSR and can't wait to go back.

Another Coronado Springs vote!! My boys LOVE the pool and slide. The resort is beautiful, Pepper Market has a great variety and I think a it's a step above other food courts!! You can rent water craft, bikes, surrey bikes and there are 2 arcades for your boys. Bus system is very good, too. :Pinkbounc

Hello there, we stayed at both ASsp and at POR, and I vote for POR. It is WAY quieter, the food court isn't as crowded, the busses aren't nearly as crowded, and the extra-activities are much more extensive. You can rent boats or bikes, or even take a boat to DTD. We stayed in AB bldg 15, and were very close to the quiet pool, and the big pool at ole man island has a fun water-slide. Plus you can take about a 10 minute walk and go to POFQ's pool, and they have a sea serpent water slide that the kids love. There is a fishin' hole, where you can catch and release bluegill, which may be a new experience for your kids. In the lounge they have a piano player at night that always puts on a good show. Boatwright's has really good food if you get sick of the counter-service places. Really it has everything we wanted in a hotel, the whole family LOVED POR!!! You may be able to find some discount codes before you go and get some money off that price diffrence! Good luck and have fun!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter