Choice Hotels any opinions?

calie_j

DIS Veteran
I need 1 night offsite before our week onsite. Currently I am booked at Hojo for $35/room, we need 2 rooms & 2 bathrooms because my sister will be with us this night only. I just checked with my Choice Hotel rewards program and they will allow me to book 2 rooms using my points based on availability and plan rules of booking 30 days or less for this free night (never had a problem getting what I needed). Here is a list of hotels I found that would work any opinions or comments on the hotel or location?

Quality Suites MGE 5876 W.Irlo Bronson. This one takes 16,000 points but for that I can get a 2 bedroom with 2 bathrooms.

Comfort Inn Lake Beuna Vista 8442 Palm Parkway. 6,000 points per room.

Quality Inn MGW 7782 W. US 192. 6,000 points per room

Clarion Hotel Maingate 7675 W. Irlo Bronson. 6,000 points per room

Thanks, Calie

I think the Clarion gets better reviews than your other choices. but I will look around some more.

Quality Inn MGW - 2 diamonds AAA
Quality Suites MGE - 3 diamonds
Clarion Hotel - 3 diamonds
comfort inn LBV - 2 diamonds

be careful with the Quality Suities - there are a couple more mentioned and they only got 2 diamonds

Is the Comfort Suites MGE not availaible??? That would be your best bet. However, if it's not, then I would go w/ either the Clarion or the Quality Suites. The Quaility Inn MGW doesn't look too hot from the outside IMO (especially the back rooms that back up to Black Lake Rd!). I;ve heard mixed reviews on the Comfort Inn LBV.

Comfort Suites MGE is 16,000 points and all rooms that will fit 6 only have a partial room divider and only 1 bathroom. We need 2 bathrooms since this is just 1 night for a place to sleep (checking in after day at MGM and leaving in morning for breakfast at Boma) and I prefer more privacy or at least better sound blockades for snoring :rotfl: so I ruled this hotel out of the list of possibles.

Great responses keep them coming..............I can't book til 30 days out so I want a list of 1st choice/2nd/ 3rd/4th to choose from ready to pick when I call.

Thanks, Calie

Hey Calie,

FWIW, I've stayed at the Quality Suites MGE about three years ago. Our room was awful. The carpet was filthy. There were still Cheetos on the floor under the table when we checked in. The refrigerator door wouldn't stay shut, so we had to push a suitcase up against it to keep it closed.

Maybe it's just me, but I've never had good luck with any of the Quality Inns/Suites that we've stayed at, so I've just pretty much ruled out that line of hotels on our trips.

I'd go for the Clarion if the free breakfast isn't a must for you.

And check out that MainStay Suites. Says it's 8000 points during your time frame.

Deafinetly stay away from Hojo!! I would probibly go with the Clarion (The "Marriott" of choice hotels).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter