Choice between 1bed Villa Riviera or All Star Music Family suite

nolatravelgirl

Mouseketeer
I am debating between these two options. We will have a rental car so we will probably drive to most of the parks but the skyliner would have been cool. The ASMu is less than half the cost and having two bathrooms is a game changer. I am trying to decide if evening extra magic hours is really worth it for that much more. If there were offering evening magic every night then I would pick Riviera but with only two days a week offering evening magic the value proposition for Riviera seems minimal. With the savings we could do MNSSHP. Thoughts? Items I am not considering?

Would you make use of the full kitchen and in-room laundry at RIV? If not, I think the ASMu suite makes more sense. The EEH at Epcot isn't proving to be a great perk given how few attractions there are and how spread out it is.

I would not pay the difference just for the use of evening hours. It’s a nice perk for MK, but not too worth it for EP (maybe two rides, three if you’re lucky and start right at 9). Still not worth the added cost.

Ive never stayed at either but could pretty much guarantee it’s newer, nicer, more quiet, skyliner transportation, and better dining options. If all that plus the extra hours added together makes up for the difference and you can afford it I’d do it.

We’ve stayed at all levels. I always say I’m never staying deluxe again. it’s not worth it for our touring style (mostly in the parks and rarely in the room). However I usually end up going back every once in a while because they really are a lot nicer.

If you can afford the 1-bedroom at Riviera, consider going to the Riviera. The one-bedroom there is hands down our favorite one on property. The resort is beautiful, quiet, easily walkable, has a balcony, and the Skyliner is a game-changer. Of course, staying at ASMus will give you a lot more spending money, so there’s that.

The feeling of staying at one of Disney’s deluxe resorts really feels special. It changes the feel of the whole trip. If you think you will be spending some time or afternoons at the resort, do the Riviera. If you are going to be at the parks sunup to sundown, stick with All Stars. The evening extra magic hours are not worth it. And you can still stay in the parks during those times but just can’t go on the rides.

If you’ve been to WDW a few times, do the Riviera. The special feeling you’ll get from staying there will be more amazing then the feeling of being on The rides that you’ve been on before. The feeling of staying somewhere new that’s Disney + it being a deluxe, is really something you won’t understand on pen and paper or through videos.

I am debating between these two options. We will have a rental car so we will probably drive to most of the parks but the skyliner would have been cool. The ASMu is less than half the cost and having two bathrooms is a game changer. I am trying to decide if evening extra magic hours is really worth it for that much more. If there were offering evening magic every night then I would pick Riviera but with only two days a week offering evening magic the value proposition for Riviera seems minimal. With the savings we could do MNSSHP. Thoughts? Items I am not considering?
We have stayed at both a few times.

You haven't described you party's mix. For example, one bathroom is OK for 2 adults with 2 children. But if you have more, then a second bathroom really is a game-changer.

Based on when you've told us so far, if you intend to spend most of your time at the theme parks with the hotel being mostly a place to sleep, then save the money and go with ASMu.

We have stayed at both a few times.

You haven't described you party's mix. For example, one bathroom is OK for 2 adults with 2 children. But if you have more, then a second bathroom really is a game-changer.

Based on when you've told us so far, if you intend to spend most of your time at the theme parks with the hotel being mostly a place to sleep, then save the money and go with ASMu.
good point about not mentioning our party. It will be me, my sister, brother-in-law and 12 year old nephew. Needless to say, I am getting the "bestest most awesome Aunt award" since I am taking them all to Disney. :smooth: It is mostly for my nephew but I guess i will take his parents too.

good point about not mentioning our party. It will be me, my sister, brother-in-law and 12 year old nephew. Needless to say, I am getting the "bestest most awesome Aunt award" since I am taking them all to Disney. :smooth: It is mostly for my nephew but I guess i will take his parents too.
Yeah, go with ASMu so that you have 2 bathrooms. But maybe just book 2 rooms instead of suite?

Based on your description I would 100% go with AS Music family suite. We had a great stay there and liked the room layout. If that allows you to also attend MNSSHP, I think your nephew would really enjoy that more than a fancier hotel.

Yeah, go with ASMu so that you have 2 bathrooms. But maybe just book 2 rooms instead of suite?
The only values with availability is Sports and they are not renovated. Secondly, we are paying rack so Sports is 199 per night non renovated standard and renovated suite at Music is $408 per night and all the family suites are in preferred locations (Calypso and Jazz) so it really doesn't make sense to do two values. I will keep checking prices as I keep seeing new availability pop up. We are going Columbus Day time frame and final payments are coming due and I think people are finalizing and determining if they can make it work before the 30 day window approaches.

Have you looked into two rooms at CBR? It would still be cheaper than Riviera while being on the skyliner.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter