Chilly at SW and DC

Sherrilatte

Bad to the Bone
I know it should be cooler, but is it better for me to plan a trip for next spring or summer instead of this winter, can anyone give me any insight on the comfort level of this park during this time of year (December)? I know I starting again...thanks bunches...

December weather can be hot one day and cold the next. I remember it went down to around 20-30 degrees for a low last year!

He's right.

January is usually the coldest month of the year.

In December it can be warm enough to wear shorts outside, but you never know when it will get cold.

I went to IOA on February 2nd of this year. The low was 65, and the high was 80, it was a perfect day. Usually, temps are 60/75 in February, because I was watching it before my trip. The water was cold on the water rides, but it was ok. I had on two t-shirts and this kept me warm.

February/March is a great time to visit. Crowds will be very light. If you're going to DC, the water will be the same temperature no matter when you visit. Plus you'll have a wet suit on.

If I was picking a trip to DC, I'd vote for late February or March or even April just before spring break. That way the temps are sure to hit 80 and you'll be warm when you're hanging out at DC.

Here, try clicking on this page, it's what I do when planning a trip. It has the average temps for Orlando for all 12 months.

http://weather.yahoo.com/almanac/Orlando_FL_US_f.html

Barry & Robvia,

This info has been very helpful. this will be the first time I've headed to Florida during the winter months...i'm looking forward to it...:D

oh no, we're going to DC for the first time on Jan. 11 after our first Disney Cruise. We thought we'd make the trip extra special by doing this. We decided to do something different this time. Hopefully it won't be too cold when we're there. We'll try to make the best of it anyway.

The thing with florida we have hurricanes, floods doughts, frost, heat, tornados, and tourists all year long.

You are right!!!, so whatever comes I should chalk it up as part of the adventure...

I went in December last year and we were worrided about temperature at D.C. We used wet suits and at first when getting in to the water it was slightly chilly, but once you are in for a couple of minutes it feels great! When we got out we quickly felt so hot we couldn't wait to get back into the water! The only thing I would worry about is stormy weather, but there is no way to know about that! :cool:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter