Children's Miracle Network Golf

18sprint

Mouseketeer
I'll apologize right now if this isn't in the right section. When watching the golf tourney this weekend, I thought I heard where this was the last Children's Network tournament that would be played at Disney. Did I hear this right? If so, does anyone know why? I watched about 80% Fri, Sat and Sunday and noticed that there seemed to be much less "Disney" presents than in the past. Virtually no Disney advertising, and I was really shocked when there wasn't a formal presentation to the winner.

My hubby talked about it this weekend but I really wasn't paying attention, lol. Something about other sponsors or something to that effect. Will post more later when he gets home......from golfing!

There is a real possibility that this past weekend will be the last time the PGA has a tournament at Disney. Between the tour changing its schedule and no title sponsor, the Disney event may cease to exist in the future. It would be sad since many of the great golfers of the 40 years have won that event.

There has been a lot of talk for over 10 years of how the Disney Courses weren't up to PGA snuff as far as challenge...

The tour also has changed...with the implementation of the "championship cup" format...which means any tournaments held after are basically throw aways.

I'm sure that as long as sponsorship was in place...the event would continue. Without it - it would be quickly discarded...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter