Child Friendly 2 Credit Restaurants

In my experience, the restaurants are all child friendly (the only exception being V&A) but the guests dining there may not be quite as much.

The only 2 credit restaurant DH & I have eaten at is Yatchman's. There have been plenty of families with children. Just be prepared for about an 90 minute or so meal.

I agree quiet, well behaved children who can tolerate a 90-120 minute meal are welcome. You are the best judge

To OP, the reason you keep seeing the comment about well behaved is so many of us have stories about not well behaved children impacting expensive/romantic planned signature restaurants

My favorite was the two screamersrunning circles around our table. Literally. I strongly disliked those little angels

To OP, the reason you keep seeing the comment about well behaved is so many of us have stories about not well behaved children impacting expensive/romantic planned signature restaurants

My favorite was the two screamersrunning circles around our table. Literally. I strongly disliked those little angels

Yes.
That is why I added " quiet" to my answer. I have had my special, expensive evening ruined as well.

My kids have been going to signature restaurants since they were babies. They are 10 and 8 now and still enjoy them.

They do take longer than most restaurants but we enjoy that time. Also a good time to enjoy some cocktails for the parents!

I have dined with my kids that age at California Grill and Flying Fish and all of us had a great time. We did make them dress up, and we also go prepared with something like a book, journal, or little trader pack to keep them entertained while waiting for food. We also limit to two courses, or one adult takes any kid who is done prior to check arriving outside before they get squirmy. We also book relatively early in the evening.

Took our 6/8 yr old (now 12 - 1 kid, 2 trips) to Citrico's, Narcoossee's, California Grill, Brown Derby, Le Cellier, Flying Fish, and Cindy's Royal Table - only you know your kid. If properly dressed and behaved - everyone has a nice evening.

We took our girls to California Grill for the first time when they were ages 2 and 5 (literally just turned 5 the day before the meal). Mind you, they were very well behaved and dressed up, but they loved it and it remains one of their faves. I think they all have the potential to be kid friendly if your children are well behaved, but some are more entertaining for the kids than others. Ex. I love Flying Fish and Yachtsman, but the kids find Cali Grill and Narcoosee's timed with fireworks far more interesting.

Same as the rest. Our children have been to California Griil, yachtsman, Jikos, and Artist Point from the ages of 8 (DD) and 6 (DS) to now 13 and 11. You know yiur children; respectful and well mannered children are welcome pretty much everywhere. We've gone through 4 course meals with no issue. We did have one problem with DD but DH took her out of the restaurant until she was able to collect herself and brought her back in.

Stacy

My DS9 has been to every signature on property (except V&A) starting at age 1. The restaurants will welcome all children whether they are dressed "properly", are behaving or not. The comments on here about only welcoming children who are "properly dressed and well-behaved" are guest comments and guest wishes for how they would like their signature dining experience to go. If you show up in park clothes, the restaurants will not turn you away. And, yes, we, too have seen children running around in signatures, which, I, too, think is inappropriate, but the restaurants have never asked any of these families to leave. The restaurants themselves seem to have a greater tolerance for misbehavior than the guests do. So, yes, all signatures are child-friendly and, while we wish all children would sit quietly through the meals, it seems that anything goes in a WDW signature. My DS once threw a fit in Citrico's as we were being seated. I promptly picked him up and left the restaurant informing the hostess we would not be eating there that evening. There was no way I was putting other guests in the restaurant through my son's tantrum.

DS has eaten at Artist Point, Le Cellier and Narcoosee's
We are booked (with an 11 yr old and a 4 yr old) at Cali Grill, Tiffins, CRT and Le Cellier on our upcoming trip.
I expect them to behave reasonably. To talk at a usual, not shouty level, to have reasonable table manners and NOT to get up and wander about, unless invited to do so (some non signatures have parades etc.)
I expect this at all levels of restaurant.
I have removed my children if they are unable to cope with these expectations. (DS has ASD and as a younger child, sometimes he couldn't cope very well, not his fault, but, no one wants to eat in such an environment)
But, we've never been made to feel uncomfortable at any WDW 2 credit place.

Kids age 8-14 should be fine, the kids I see behaving like little monsters are usually younger than that.

DS4 has been dining at signature restaurants all his life, and is always perfectly behaved. My 14-month old, on the other hand, has this adorable :scared: squeal he does whenever he's excited and as such, he gets to stay home with grandparents while we eat at nice restaurants!

We've taken our two to Signature Meals since each of their first trips (both at 20 months). My rule of thumb is to try and book the earliest ADR available and have my bag loaded with snacks, toys, coloring stuff, etc.

We take ours (4/4/5) to signatures on every trip. They loved CG brunch on Mother's Day and Jiko! You're welcome to take them anywhere - just keep them in their seat and make sure they're dressed properly.

My daughter has autism and makes a constant stimming noise she cannot control, and often flaps her hands or needs to jump in place. We won't stray away from restaurants because of that. We just ask they put us in a corner so if she needs to jump to calm herself down, she can do it behind the table without disturbing anyone.

There are plenty of kids at signature restaurants. We've been doing them with DS9 since we first starting going when he was 4. As others have said, as long as they are able to sit and behave for 90 minutes, you're good to go. Every child is different and only the parent will know best. And if you do end up with a misbehaving child in any restaurant really, just be prepared to pull the plug early if the situation warrants it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter