Child Birthday During Cruise and Kids Club

mom2brooke76

Proud Redhead who doesn't think that Universal is
I'm pretty sure I know the answer to this after 10 cruises, but thought I'd ask anyway. We leave on a 5 night cruise in June where my dd will be 13 upon embarkation, but the next day she'll be 14. I'm pretty sure, if I remember correctly, that she will be viewed as 13 throughout the cruise as far as kids clubs go. She plans to go to the Edge, but if she wanted to go to the Vibe would we just go and see if they have room on the second day? Would she need to make the choice between the two of they do have room? Thanks for the input!!:flower1:

Once your daughter turns 14, she can attend Edge, Vibe, or both. My daughter was able to attend both without having to choose.

It is possible, but not guaranteed, that she could go to Vibe on the first day if there is space available.

Unlike the parks, Disney Cruise does consider that kids age while traveling. For example, someone who turns 18 midway through a cruise is immediately no longer permitted in Vibe but is permitted in Palo.

Once your daughter turns 14, she can attend Edge, Vibe, or both. My daughter was able to attend both without having to choose.

It is possible, but not guaranteed, that she could go to Vibe on the first day if there is space available.

Unlike the parks, Disney Cruise does consider that kids age while traveling. For example, someone who turns 18 midway through a cruise is immediately no longer permitted in Vibe but is permitted in Palo.

Thanks! We've never had one with a birthday during a cruise before :goodvibes

They're pretty flexible at the clubs with kids who are borderline ages. The adult restaurants are very strict, but the clubs aren't like that. If your child will turn 14 on the cruise, there is a 99% chance that she will be allowed to attend Vibe the whole time. Just check in with them about it when you board.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter