Chicago Midway Parking suggestions

disney 4 5

Mouseketeer
Does anybody have suggestions for long term parking lots at Chicago's Midway Airport? My DH is a Chicagoland boy & his parents only live about 15 miles from Midway so his dad usually takes us to the airport. At the beginning of our May trip he will be gone so we have to pay to park this time. BOO! But what can you do. It probably will be better anyhow since we are on a time crunch the day we leave & getting in late the day we get back. TIA!

I grew up a mile from Midway. :) When I drive and park, I usually go in the parking garage on 55th street then take the free shuttle over to the airport. I want to say it was about $15/day, but I haven't parked there in a couple of years.

We always park at Midway Park Ride & Fly They are on 47th Street. From I-55 exit on Central and go South. Make the first left turn and it is about a block down on your left. You can also get there by going west on 47th from Cicero.

http://www.parkrideflyusa.com/mdw-chicago-midway-airport-parking/

If you sign up for their emails, you'll constantly get 10% off coupons.

I started parking there years ago when my sister-in-law was traveling. She told me when the bus dropped her at her car, they always waited for her to get in the car and get it started.

Here's how it works: You get the best price by booking on line. When you get there they tell you where to park. A bus comes quickly and picks you up right at your car. They lift your bags into their bus. The bus drops you off at the terminal.

On your return they ask you to call. I never do that. I just go outside the furthest north exit door from baggage claim and go to the 2nd island where the busses are. There's often one sitting there. If I'm waiting more than a couple minutes, I might give them a call. Once they drive you to your car they help with your bags and even put them in the car for you.

Some folks feel 47th and Central is a bit far from the airport. If you are getting to the airport from I-55, then it doesn't matter anyway.

What else? Let's see...they have some indoor parking available...I never use that. Everybody I know who parks at MDW parks here. It is cheaper than the city lot on 55th. If you park at the city lot, you have to lug your bags to the bus stop and onto the bus (I think). I signed up for their frequent parker program and get a day free for every day I park there.

Well, you asked! :thumbsup2

Thanks for the suggestions.the park ride and fly is the one I have been leaning towards. They get good reviews & are pretty reasonably priced. Especially since we will be gone 12 days.
Thanks again. Keep the opinions coming.

We always park at Midway Park Ride & Fly They are on 47th Street. From I-55 exit on Central and go South. Make the first left turn and it is about a block down on your left. You can also get there by going west on 47th from Cicero.

http://www.parkrideflyusa.com/mdw-chicago-midway-airport-parking/

If you sign up for their emails, you'll constantly get 10% off coupons.

I started parking there years ago when my sister-in-law was traveling. She told me when the bus dropped her at her car, they always waited for her to get in the car and get it started.

Here's how it works: You get the best price by booking on line. When you get there they tell you where to park. A bus comes quickly and picks you up right at your car. They lift your bags into their bus. The bus drops you off at the terminal.

On your return they ask you to call. I never do that. I just go outside the furthest north exit door from baggage claim and go to the 2nd island where the busses are. There's often one sitting there. If I'm waiting more than a couple minutes, I might give them a call. Once they drive you to your car they help with your bags and even put them in the car for you.

Some folks feel 47th and Central is a bit far from the airport. If you are getting to the airport from I-55, then it doesn't matter anyway.

What else? Let's see...they have some indoor parking available...I never use that. Everybody I know who parks at MDW parks here. It is cheaper than the city lot on 55th. If you park at the city lot, you have to lug your bags to the bus stop and onto the bus (I think). I signed up for their frequent parker program and get a day free for every day I park there.

Well, you asked! :thumbsup2

Totally agree. We've been flying out of MDW exclusively (except when we are *forced* to go to the evil O'hare for international flights) and park as above. It's especially good for early morning/late night trips in terms of being in a well-lit situation. :thumbsup2

Wow, 12 days is a long time to park anywhere. Can you stash your car somewhere and take a taxi? I use American Taxi from the burbs and they work out well.

Another vote for Park Ride and Fly. Great service! We love that they pick you up right at the car and drop you off right at your car!

Kind of parking related, is there a Cell Phone lot at Midway like O'Hare? DH and I are taking DD15 to Midway tonight but don't want to pay for parking while we get her checked in and all set. My thought was DH could drop off DD and I then wait in the cell phone lot until I'm finished. Is there one?

It is on Cicero, about 1 mile south of MDW. There's also lots of fast food places on Cicero, both North and South of the airport. Starbucks is at about 51st and Cicero.

Wow, 12 days is a long time to park anywhere. Can you stash your car somewhere and take a taxi? I use American Taxi from the burbs and they work out well.

12 days is a long time. Super excited. Taxi won't work cuz there is 6 of us (1 still in a car seat) plus our luggage for 12 days. We've used a lino service before but again for 6 plus luggage that's pretty expensive.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter