Chicago Cubs fans - Rebuilding Year 2023

Not Windermere. I work near UCF(East) and Windermere's on West side of Orlando And the prices there and had to look hard to find a house WITHOUT an HOA.
About 40 min drive from Disney.
ah, so you are closer to the Oviedo-ish area. My DD lived in Winter Park for a while before Metro West but had friends living near UCF.

I think I prefer pitcher's who rake. 2016 NLDS anyone?

3 batter minimum is bogus
So no more pitchers playing outfield between batters?
Not Windermere. I work near UCF(East) and Windermere's on West side of Orlando And the prices there and had to look hard to find a house WITHOUT an HOA.
About 40 min drive from Disney.
You aren't too far from Miami either via the Florida Tollway. Cubs play the Marlins April 15, 16 and 17

This DH proposal is rough. It surprised me how popular this proposal has been w players. I agree w Robin, I really like the strategy of working around it and through it. But since the AL will never go back, parity of rules seems a bigger force than tradition.

Doubt we can avoid it in 2020 if not this year. Only thing stopping it this year is the late announcement without time for teams to plan their rosters accordingly.
—-
If I’m putting my conspiracy theory hat on, it’s the first step in their grand plan to make a single league.
—-
I’m not sure how I feel about the 3 batter proposal. First reflex was, yes. Now not sure. Suspect a lot of huge innings from mental meltdowns that we’ve seen when a reliever just doesn’t have it (CJ and Wilson’s slumps in the past for example).

This DH proposal is rough. It surprised me how popular this proposal has been w players. I agree w Robin, I really like the strategy of working around it and through it. But since the AL will never go back, parity of rules seems a bigger force than tradition.

Doubt we can avoid it in 2020 if not this year. Only thing stopping it this year is the late announcement without time for teams to plan their rosters accordingly.
—-
If I’m putting my conspiracy theory hat on, it’s the first step in their grand plan to make a single league.
—-
I’m not sure how I feel about the 3 batter proposal. First reflex was, yes. Now not sure. Suspect a lot of huge innings from mental meltdowns that we’ve seen when a reliever just doesn’t have it (CJ and Wilson’s slumps in the past for example).
Your CJ example is exactly why I think bogus, and I love the chess match strategy of outwitting the other manager

Last edited:

I like AAJ just fine, but I would prefer Harper. I know I am in the minority :duck:.
I think I've mentioned this (or something similar) before....

I like and respect good

I neither like nor respect arrogant or pompous.

Could he help the team on the field? Yes.
Could he do a ton of damage to the team, fans and our reputation? ABSO-FRIGGIN-LUTELY.

And to quote Forest Gump...."That's all I have to say about that"

I think I've mentioned this (or something similar) before....

I like and respect good

I neither like nor respect arrogant or pompous.

Could he help the team on the field? Yes.
Could he do a ton of damage to the team, fans and our reputation? ABSO-FRIGGIN-LUTELY.

And to quote Forest Gump...."That's all I have to say about that"
There is no doubt that he is immature and has a lot of growing up to do. Where better than under the leadership of Bryant, Rizzo, Zobrist & Maddon? Think about Baez and how "Javy being Javy" could have become arrogant or pompous if he came up through a different organization or played for a different team. I think that there is a mutual need and gain from Harper being a Cub.

There is no doubt that he is immature and has a lot of growing up to do. Where better than under the leadership of Bryant, Rizzo, Zobrist & Maddon? Think about Baez and how "Javy being Javy" could have become arrogant or pompous if he came up through a different organization or played for a different team. I think that there is a mutual need and gain from Harper being a Cub.
Okay...I can understand and respect that opinion/position.

I've never doubted his abilities on the field...it's his abilities as a human I've had issues with. Could possibly get him to stop being a jerk and being a team player.

IF he becomes a Cub and IF he stops being a jerk, I will happily say you were right Robin.

I’m w Robin too. Though I know Fin is with doc.

Unless Theo’s playing an amazing game and/or Harper wants to be here so badly that he restructures massively and leaves a lot of money behind, it’s not going to happen.

But since we’re talking hypotheticals only, I do think aging and our environment will take care of the prior negatives. On his own he’s sort of been improving too. I am personally most worried about tying up all that money to then be an injury away from disaster for years to come.

I think he’ll be a Philly.

I'm still patiently waiting to "be happy" with the fabulous Yu signing...wondering on Morrow's sketchy return, CJ's trustworthiness and no back up vet catcher for Willy. Harper is the furthest thing on my mind.

Oh, and I DO doubt Harper's abilities on the field. He can try and distract from his intermittent skills all he wants with his hair flips and mound charges~the dude does not anticipate a play or cover real estate like JHey. His arm is decent (except when hes throwing his helmet at a pitcher:rotfl2:)enough, but would be a downgrade

Oh, and I DO doubt Harper's abilities on the field. He can try and distract from his intermittent skills all he wants with his hair flips and mound charges~the dude does not anticipate a play or cover real estate like JHey. His arm is decent (except when hes throwing his helmet at a pitcher:rotfl2:)enough, but would be a downgrade

Harper would be a downgrade from JHey? I don't know many people who would agree with that. Not sure why so many are hung up on his hair.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter