Chicago Cubs fans - Rebuilding Year 2023

Tony Andracki‏ @TonyAndracki23
Tyler Thomas (Cubs 7th round pick last year) headed to Rangers as the return for Jesse Chavez, who adds another veteran arm to Cubs bullpen.
Player Page
Chicago Cubs
Age / DOB: (34) / 8/21/1983
Ht / Wt: 6'2" / 175
Bats / Throws: Right / Right
College: Riverside CC (CA)
Drafted: 2002 / Rd. 42 (0) / TEX
Contract:

CHC.png

LATEST NEWS
RECENT NEWS

Cubs acquired RHP Jesse Chavez from the Rangers in exchange for LHP Tyler Thomas.
Thomas, a seventh-round pick in last year's draft, had been pitching at Low-A South Bend. Chavez brings a decade of major league experience to the Cubs and should be a helpful bullpen arm down the stretch. The 34-year-old has pitched exclusively out of the pen this year, though he also has 70 big league starts on his resume. Jul 19 - 10:48 PM
Source: Ken Rosenthal on Twiter.

Last edited:
Just got back from tonight's game and it was a DANDY! The Professor was a bit rocky, but out bullpen was steady (!) and there was plenty of run support. Both JHey and CarrotTini had a great game (as did Yadi Molina, but that's another matter). It was nice to see new papa CJ on the mound, although he also struggled a bit. Stropy came in to shut things down.

ETA: The part where Willy holds the baby ... awwwwww

OK.....the tears are flowing. So damn happy for you Willy!

https://streamable.com/r50jy
Loved this video.

The game last night was so much more interesting than the ASG. Small ball is so fun to watch. And the Cubs are leaving fewer men on base at the end of the inning now.

But I'm wondering. Is ESPN going to spend a lot of time talking about the Cubs and Cards during the Yankee/Mets game this weekend? ARod is a total jerk when it comes to any team but the NY/Cali teams. We have two games to watch with the sound on again until Sat night's game with Fox. If it's Joe Buck and John Smoltz again, the sound goes off in the first inning.

Last edited:

Loved this video.

The game last night was so much more interesting than the ASG. Small ball is so fun to watch. And the Cubs are leaving fewer men on base at the end of the inning now.

But I'm wondering. Is ESPN going to spend a lot of time talking about the Cubs and Cards during the Yankee/Mets game this weekend? ARod is a total jerk when it comes to any team but the NY/Cali teams. We have two games to watch with the sound on again until Sat night's game with Fox. If it's Joe Buck and John Smoltz again, the sound goes off in the first inning.
I had the tv muted and was listening to Pat and Len(he was in for Ron) my DS was watching in another room and said the ESPN announcers were slamming Hendrick's. Stupidity aside, I cannot stand the format they use for *announcing* games. Brutal

Today's IF LESTER'S PITCHING , THERE WILL BE RAIN Lineup
images

They will take all day/night to get this in if they have to.

images

DijiPwaX4AAeHXa.jpg:large

That game was almost as hard to look at as twitter on Tuesday or Bryce Harper's hair :scared:Brought back fond memories of the game I got to see Jon Jay pitch with that adorable wink he gave!
Maybe Lester SHOULD have pitched in the ASG afterall, lol.

https://twitter.com/_marcusd2_/status/883073974128848896

At least the bullpen is in ok shape for tomorrow but holy heck do we need our SP to go 7! Nice bomb from Willy and KB! Turn the page boys and GET 'EM TOMORROW!

Last edited:
I'm tempted to turn the W over and fly it upside down as in Distress. I liked the addition to the bull pen though, Tommy, Ian and Victor. Those guys can play any position.

Maybe those Cards will be up all night celebrating their giant win over the Cubs and be hungover tomorrow.

I'm tempted to turn the W over and fly it upside down as in Distress. I liked the addition to the bull pen though, Tommy, Ian and Victor. Those guys can play any position.

Maybe those Cards will be up all night celebrating their giant win over the Cubs and be hungover tomorrow.
I'm hoping they used up all their runs today.

I loved that the position players pitched!

One bit of good news from yesterday. Milwaukee also lost, so the Cubs are still 3 games ahead and in first place.

Yesterday's game... oh my. :crazy2::scared::sad: At least we are still in the lead!

Here's to hoping they got it all out of the system and come out swinging (and hitting and making runs) today!

One down and two more to go. First game today went well and Chavez might turn out to be a good addition to the team. It looked like he was excited to be a part of the team, too.

Nothing like an Ump wanting his airtime to wreak havoc on a game. That whole Javy debacle was ridiculous. Fine him for tossing the equipment but he was walking away which shows he was not doing it with intent to the Ump. The Ump not appealing the swing however goes without consequence (except *maybe* Little isn't on the post season team of Umps) Leaving 2 guys on every innings was the real issue but that call was game changer. STL knew it, quick threw Carpenter in during the momentum change and w/out Joe there to call for the IBB when Rosario pitching, BAM. Zo is gonna feel terrible for missing that shot, and most say Javy gets it. Maybe he does, maybe he doesn't~but now Zo is sot for today most likely. All I wanna know is when is the last time Carpenter pee'd in a cup? lol. Dang tho, we all thought Dex was going t e the happiest guy to see Matheny leave, it has turned Matt into Aaron Judge.
Weather worse today , game will be a bit trickier but as always, turn the page and WE NEVER QUIT! Lets get the series!

Nothing like an Ump wanting his airtime to wreak havoc on a game. That whole Javy debacle was ridiculous. Fine him for tossing the equipment but he was walking away which shows he was not doing it with intent to the Ump. The Ump not appealing the swing however goes without consequence (except *maybe* Little isn't on the post season team of Umps) Leaving 2 guys on every innings was the real issue but that call was game changer. STL knew it, quick threw Carpenter in during the momentum change and w/out Joe there to call for the IBB when Rosario pitching, BAM. Zo is gonna feel terrible for missing that shot, and most say Javy gets it. Maybe he does, maybe he doesn't~but now Zo is sot for today most likely. All I wanna know is when is the last time Carpenter pee'd in a cup? lol. Dang tho, we all thought Dex was going t e the happiest guy to see Matheny leave, it has turned Matt into Aaron Judge.
Weather worse today , game will be a bit trickier but as always, turn the page and WE NEVER QUIT! Lets get the series!
All they have to do is intentionally walk Carpenter every time he comes up to bat to ruin his home run streak.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter