Chicago Cubs fans - Rebuilding Year 2023

Ugh. Did you see that the Brewers pitcher Adrian Houser vomited on the mound twice? It was VERY hot here in Wisconsin. I wonder if he had heat stroke or if he was just nervous. He finished out the inning though! (and the Brewers lost)

Ugh. Did you see that the Brewers pitcher Adrian Houser vomited on the mound twice? It was VERY hot here in Wisconsin. I wonder if he had heat stroke or if he was just nervous. He finished out the inning though! (and the Brewers lost)

I saw the video...I think both and knowing the Cubs could have taken first last night, lol. Meme gold.

No Javy tonight in the lineup. KB is leadoff. Zo playing second. Let's all pray for Chatwood tonight.

I know they were doing dome filming for a movie or tv show the other day. I wonder if that had anything to do with the light issue? Just when you think we have faced every challenge, lol. At least the Brewers and Cardinal's both lost!
The White Sox lost to the Indians, too. They were showing that game during the rain delay on our DirecTV game channel. Looked like they had rain delay in Cleveland, too.

maybe today goes better...certainly starting in a NL better spot!:thumbsup2:woohoo::cheer2:

Chatwood has faced the Dodger's a lot, maybe this is his breakout game? Duensing on bereavement for the loss of his grandfather, Rob Z. up.

LET'S GO CUBBIES!!!!!!!!!!

DgDz63QWkAEu3Mu.jpg

Need some ice to take the sting out of that one. However, just can't strand 12 . Nice to see KB come through clutch, he needed that for sure. Chatwood deserved to get the W, really did. This call as a ball was brutal on Wilson to Turner~ forced him to throw 4 strikes overall, the batter will usually prevail.
DgFNQt0W0AEN7VD.jpg

Well, back to 2nd lol. What a yo-yo division. Guess we will see if Mother Nature wants to allow tonight's game or force 2 tomorrow.

Javy & AAJ b2b again (tho not LO)The pen is slim tonight so lets get some runs, boys!!!!!!!!!

DgFa5WFXUAApuq7.jpg

WALK OFF!!!!!!! KB with a triple(basically an in park HR) and AAJ drives him in!!!!!!!!!!

tenor.gif

28 innings going to be played in about the same amount of hours :crazy: Day game tomorrow!

Last edited:
Yesterday contained both the thrill of victory and the agony of defeat. Whew! What a rollercoaster of day that was.

I’m hoping our boys got some good rest and come out swinging today (and by that I mean get on base AND come home).

Cubs baseball has me all... :crazy2::headache::scared::sad::love::worship::yay:

What a crazy two games! That game 1 was a heartbreaker :(.

Did you read this? Morrow didn't play yesterday because he hurt his back taking off his pants!
https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/mlb/2018/06/20/brandon-morrow-cubs-injury-pants/717293002/
even worse is Morrow just placed on the 10 day DL. :sad2: CJ can't get back fast enough. Cishek used to be a closer, we are gonna need him to work his magic and hope to heck that Wilson stays good AND get the RISP fixed, PRONTO!

Darvish and Giminez working today..please let it be the magic formula

I like Willson being moved down a bit. He hasn't been doing so great in the 4th or 5th spot lately. Rosario looks decent in the past few games. Needs a bit more experience. Rob Z was good in the 10th yesterday, too.

I like Willson being moved down a bit. He hasn't been doing so great in the 4th or 5th spot lately. Rosario looks decent in the past few games. Needs a bit more experience. Rob Z was good in the 10th yesterday, too.
Rob Z.~ one batter and gets his first W!

Just looked up the stats vs Stripling...0-18 :scared:So...hoping we at least improve on that? lol. Wind blowing in, need Lester to keep it in the yard and El Mago to somehow get a walk, manufacture a run and take the W! JHey cracked Hader, lets do the same to Stripling!

Holy He!! that DEFENSE!!!!!!!!!!!! wAY too many excellent plays to type out but the guys were lethal today! One lousy strike from the sweep but I'll take it and not being the one's shut out feels SO NICE! JHey to Willy..I don't even have words~FREAKIN' UNBELIEVABLE RIGHT ON THE MONEY PLAY!
cubs-win-4-1478218002-9946.jpg

CONDENSED GAME FROM YESTERDAY (if you didn't get to see it like me, lol)
https://mediadownloads.mlb.com/mlbam/mp4/2018/06/20/2177479383/1529534766214/asset_1800K.mp4

I remember when Willy was brought up Len told the story of Scouts doing an eval of Willy & came back and told the suits "We have an ANIMAL behind the plate"..That's RIGHT!

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!