Chicago Cubs fans - Rebuilding Year 2023

Very sorry to hear that about Darci, Robin. :hug:'s. You, your daughter and hubby will be in my thoughts ahead. It's always so tough.
It’s my turn to have the sick dog :(. My 13 year old standard poodle Darci started having problems about a week ago. We took her to the vet and they found a tumor :(. She has days, maybe a week or two. My DD has a final paper tonight (she’s a sophomore in college) and we’ll tell her when she gets home. She knows Darci was sick, but no one knew how sick until yesterday.

So sorry, Robin. Hug Darci while you can. My Sadie died on Good Friday and I still miss her like crazy.

Descalso is on the IL and Addie is back with the team tpnight.

DUECES WALK OFF BOMB!!!!!!!!

FLY IT!!!!!

That was his FIRST TIME facing Quijada...FIRST!

upload_2019-5-8_22-20-37.jpeg

Attachments

• upload_2019-5-8_22-18-34.jpeg
    upload_2019-5-8_22-18-34.jpeg
    114.5 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:

We're in WDW this week and went to watch the game on MLB and it's blacked out. Ugh. Got out my tablet to watch on MLB.com and both Chicago and Miami channels are blacked out. But I was able to get Cubs radio.

We're in WDW this week and went to watch the game on MLB and it's blacked out. Ugh. Got out my tablet to watch on MLB.com and both Chicago and Miami channels are blacked out. But I was able to get Cubs radio.

Glad you were able to get Pat and Ron, and have a great week at WDW!

Friday game was not good. Today's was a nervewracker. But we are alone in first place again. Chatwood was excellent again. And so was CJ.

Tomorrow's game is on ESPN, so we got the crazy trio calling the game. We'll listen on the radio with the game on the television and sound off.

HAPPY MOTHER’S DAY to all!
My kids are grown and gone , so I have a whole bench full to watch in their place, lol

Hope you Mom’s enjoy your day doing things you love with whoever makes your day!

I will have to admit that I was impressed with CJ yesterday. He looked like a grownup instead of a scared kid like he used to look. I wonder how much the situation in Venezuela is making Willson really work harder than ever. But after 15 innings, can he put in more today? Or will it be Taylor Davis with Schwarber as backup? Think Schwarbs could ever catch again?

I was at yesterday’s game. Brrrrr! I went with my DD for Mother’s Day. She was a trooper! She made it through 13 innings with no complaints but then she just became a giant ice cube. We were in the car when we heard Willy’s homer. I wish we were still at the game but sometimes it’s better to warm your ice cold kid up!

First place baby!

@FINFAN, I read something this morning that made me think of you. Willy has had 10 HRs this season by early May. He had 10 all last season. Wow!

I will have to admit that I was impressed with CJ yesterday. He looked like a grownup instead of a scared kid like he used to look. I wonder how much the situation in Venezuela is making Willson really work harder than ever. But after 15 innings, can he put in more today? Or will it be Taylor Davis with Schwarber as backup? Think Schwarbs could ever catch again?
No. I think his knee won’t let him catch.

I was at yesterday’s game. Brrrrr! I went with my DD for Mother’s Day. She was a trooper! She made it through 13 innings with no complaints but then she just became a giant ice cube. We were in the car when we heard Willy’s homer. I wish we were still at the game but sometimes it’s better to warm your ice cold kid up!

First place baby!

@FINFAN, I read something this morning that made me think of you. Willy has had 10 HRs this season by early May. He had 10 all last season. Wow!
You guys just had to sacrifice yourselves for the W! Today is Willy’s birthday, he seems to be celebrating with dinger’s lol. Glad it falls on an off day and hope Rizzo’s back survives the Cinci hotel. He has said he seems to always have back issues when they travel there and now that’s on top of it already bothering him. KB held down the fort just fine tho, lol. Hoping the Cinci series isn’t one big trap.....(and thank you Bucco’s for sweeping the dirtybirds!)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter