Chicago Cubs fans - Rebuilding Year 2023

FINFAN I don't know if it's true or a hoax, but word on the street is that Busch Stadium banned those "Try Not To Suck" shirts! Maybe the word "suck" hits a little too close to home for the Cards this season ;)
it was true...they ban the word in general . Joe tried to explain that the shirt is directed at themselves..but no go. :rolleyes1

Last edited:

What a game, what a WIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Holy Cow these Cub's are insane!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Go for the sweep tomorrow with Jake at the plate!
images

images

As Ernie said, "Let's Play Two"!...in the fog...lol

That was a bit of a nail biter.

Did you see that Bryce Harper got a little angry on Monday? He was ejected out of the game against the Tigers fin the bottom of the 9th or mouthing out to the ump about a called strike on another player. He didn't stay in the locker room, but came out when the next batter won the game with a home run. While running in to celebrate he looked at the ump and dropped the F-bomb. I was at the game where he was walked SIX times on Sunday and I wonder if he was a little frustrated while he was in Chicago and ... finally just lost it. Tee hee. FWIW, I like Harper. I think he's quite a fire cracker and a great player.

That was a bit of a nail biter.

Did you see that Bryce Harper got a little angry on Monday? He was ejected out of the game against the Tigers fin the bottom of the 9th or mouthing out to the ump about a called strike on another player. He didn't stay in the locker room, but came out when the next batter won the game with a home run. While running in to celebrate he looked at the ump and dropped the F-bomb. I was at the game where he was walked SIX times on Sunday and I wonder if he was a little frustrated while he was in Chicago and ... finally just lost it. Tee hee. FWIW, I like Harper. I think he's quite a fire cracker and a great player.

Oh the Nat's were ticked, absolutely. Been calling us chicken etc, our Ace pitcher afraid of him, yadda yadda. Umm, yeah, you want to win so you remove the threat however you can. Dusty was just irritated that it was a smart move (s) and he couldn't do the same. Our whole line up is a threat at bat, was he going to IW them all? I will say when Russell was IW last night I found it ironically stupid that the crowd boo'd. My heart was pounding last night, the lesser threat teams usually end up being the one's we struggle with. This team, so young and all most of them have known is winning~ think they like it, a LOT!
Onward to today's game's~looks like it will stay dry (but chilly) for both. Hendrick's pitching game 1 against Rea (who happens to be on fire right now), Lackey on the mound tonight against Pomeranz.

Last edited:
Met fan here and it's only cause they are so good do I want them to fail Hope to meet again in October

well today didn't go quite as planned lol. What a pitchers duel game 2. Like Rossy says, Turn the page boy's! Day off tomorrow and back to the fun on Thursday!
upload_2016-5-11_22-49-53.jpeg
Met fan here and it's only cause they are so good do I want them to fail Hope to meet again in October
well I bet you were REALLY rooting the Cub's during the Nat's series. You're welcome :D

Bummer about today. It's the first time all season they lost 2 in a row and it was on the same day. Ugh. It was bound to happen sooner or later.

Bummer about today. It's the first time all season they lost 2 in a row and it was on the same day. Ugh. It was bound to happen sooner or later.
Yep, and I prefer sooner over later in the season, lol. Like Grandpa Rossy says, "turn the page boy's"~ Looking toward Fridays game. (Hopefully without fog?)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!