Chicago Cubs fans - Rebuilding Year 2023

robinb

DIS veteran
We had blast on the thread at the end of last season, so I thought it would be fun to have a thread for the whole season.

So, come on in and grab a seat. This season's going to be a wild ride!

I'm in! Zobie and LaStella on FIRE tonight!~ Happy to have our boys home for a solid stretch.
ChnmDlmUoAALSt8.jpg

Last edited:

Cubs Win!

It warms my heart to beat Dusty Baker's Nats on multiple levels.
my stomach still turns from game 6...was it 13 years ago? He's a bum...just left our guys hanging ..enjoyed seeing Murphy shut down as well.

my stomach still turns from game 6...was it 13 years ago? He's a bum...just left our guys hanging ..enjoyed seeing Murphy shut down as well.
I was there. Worst game of my life. Ever. Game 7 was a complete blur. I guess my poor spirit couldn't handle remembering two awful games.

I was just thinking about that game when Pat Hughes mentioned it. I thought, "How would Maddon have handled that?" I don't think the players would have gone all discombobulated over a little mistake (the Bartman ball) because they would know that Joe had their back. I remember all the "In Dusty We Trusty" signs in windows along the el tracks ... we trusted him and it didn't work out. I didn't actively dislike Dusty until last year but he was a commentator on many of the playoff games and he was SO anti-Cubs. I thought, hey man, you were there for the worst of the worst and you're talking trash about the Cubs? He is a huge jerk and now I admit that every Nat loss has a little extra dash of schadenfreude for me :teeth:.

I was there. Worst game of my life. Ever. Game 7 was a complete blur. I guess my poor spirit couldn't handle remembering two awful games.

I was just thinking about that game when Pat Hughes mentioned it. I thought, "How would Maddon have handled that?" I don't think the players would have gone all discombobulated over a little mistake (the Bartman ball) because they would know that Joe had their back. I remember all the "In Dusty We Trusty" signs in windows along the el tracks ... we trusted him and it didn't work out. I didn't actively dislike Dusty until last year but he was a commentator on many of the playoff games and he was SO anti-Cubs. I thought, hey man, you were there for the worst of the worst and you're talking trash about the Cubs? He is a huge jerk and now I admit that every Nat loss has a little extra dash of schadenfreude for me :teeth:.
I was across the street at Bernies that game..and you could just see Dusty check out, did not care. Yep, talked trash every chance he got to blame everyone but himself..

Hey RedSox fan here but have always loved the Cubbies. So go Cubs!!!
Ditto - gonna follow along cause I like baseball! There are a lot of former Red Sox people around Chicago now, aren't there? And the stadiums are similar. So looking forward to learning more about the Cubs here!

FINFAN I don't know if it's true or a hoax, but word on the street is that Busch Stadium banned those "Try Not To Suck" shirts! Maybe the word "suck" hits a little too close to home for the Cards this season ;)

That was REALLY classy! So cool that the humidor was hand made by Ron Kittle.

Too bad that only 20,000 fans saw it. How lame is that? The 4 first place teams played in Chicago last night and the Sox only filled their ballpark with 20,126 fans (49.6% of capacity) while the Cubs drew 37,564 fans (91.8% capacity). They are 28/30 in home attendance and the Cubs are 6/30. Makes you think ... hmmmm?

The Cubs have never really had an issue with ticket sales though. It's "the place to be" despite how the team is doing. The times I've been there, it felt more like a club with people there to be seen not to watch the game. As for the White Sox, they've had the opposite problem for a long time. It's a real shame, but some speculate that it's because more of their fans can't afford to go to games.

Me, I'm a Chicago fan and am excited that both teams are doing so well.

My DD works part time for our local Special Rec. She took a personal day from her real job so that she could work today for the Special Rec. Can't beat getting paid to go to a Cubs game on this beautiful day. She got paid to go to a Hawks game the last few years.
Yesterday she won 4 Sox tickets and parking from the PTO for teacher appreciation week.
She was hoping someone would trade for Cubs tickets but no luck :)

My DH is hoping to paint our lawn again this fall.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!