Chicago Cubs fans - Rebuilding Year 2023

18-5. Disappointing. Descalso only allowed two runs as a pitcher.

IIRC, the uniform is the pitcher's choice. I remember that Big Z used to select the blue jerseys.

I officially have my head in the sand about last night's game. I didn't see it, so it didn't happen :crazy2:.
Didn’t see it either. Don’t know of what you speaketh.

Kimbrel isn't ready yet. He needs to go back to Iowa for a few weeks. Stropy was better than he was. And Darvish should have gotten the win.

Watching Kimbrel, you could tell he still has it. He didn’t get hit hard.

-On the walk, he didn’t get the call on some nice pitches.
-Contreras failed to make what would have been a very good play; and if not overrun would have kept runners at 1st and 2nd, instead of 2nd and 3rd.
-Addie had a lapse on the decision.

Just trying to see the positive.

Kimbrel just isn't a good closer yet. If they keep him in Chicago, he just needs to pitch seventh or eight innings and leave ninth to Kintzler or Stropy or Cishek. Kintzler is over his Nats debacle from last year. He's a Cub now. Q needs a win today. And the bats need to get hot again.

Went to San Francisco to celebrate the 4th and my bday with my DD😃had a fantastic time. Didn’t see any of the games and now the break...I am in Cubbie withdrawal, lol. Looks like I missed the fireworks of the Pirates game(Joe spin move) & glad Bote is ok. Ready to drop..I’ve been in 7 different airports and 3 time zones in the last 3 weeks.
Looks like Robel is fairly decent?

Cleveland fans still hold a grudge against the 2016 Cubs. They booed Kris, Javy and Willson. But the singer of the national anthem was pretty good.

NIce sweep this weekend. And nice being 2.5 ahead of Brewers and 3 ahead of Cards. Are they really going with the same lineup as yesterday other than Russell at 2nd and Kyle pitching? After Kris and Heyward both let the balls bounce before catching them?

What do we know about the new guy Robel Garcia? What the heck did he do between 2014 and 2018?

Thanks! Who knew there was an Italian league?!?! I bet his head is spinning how quickly he made it to The Show.
I’m going to miss Monty :(. I wish him well. I admire that the front office reacted immediately to Willy’s injury to make sure we have 2 good catchers.
Rizzo greeted him with his hands on his face and kisses on each cheek. Plus said something in Italian to him.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts