Chicago Cubs fans - Rebuilding Year 2023

Zobrist signed my glove a week or so before his leave. My friend was intent on getting a ball signed so we went down near 3rd where Ben always signs after home games. He was so patient and got to a ton of people. He was so nice. He became one of my favorites instantly.

View attachment 402693

What a treasure! And, such a special guy! I hope things improve and that he is able to return.

I wish Bote would stop posing every time he swings the bat. It slows him down if he needs to run to first.

At least all the other teams lost tonight (except the Reds)
Cisheks arm is gonna fall off

I am 1 million% here for Chatwoods revenge season

Cant ignore the pierogie power behind Rizzos bud board bombs

So far, so good with Schwarbs in LO again

I heard Zo on a 670 the Score ad today...for a nano-second I was excited, and then sad again. I too, have a signed hat by him from my birthday game, he is Zo missed .

JHey said it a few weeks ago before the divorce news broke, about how much things will change, how missed Zo will be when hes no longer here.

Truth

Also, Zagunis optioned to IA tonight..my guess is Happ returns

Last edited:

This game is so disappointing. Terrible starting lineup. Kris is hurt, maybe, and the Cubs are so far behind there is almost no reason to keep going. At least Willson got a homer so it wasn't a shutout.

But I do like the Chatwood Revenge Season idea.

Hope everyone had an enjoyable Memorial Day weekend, and is safe! Those storms were NASTY! Team is beat up but gonna have to just gut it out , take the hits, heal up and come back strong . Loved seeing the no quit today, never lost our cable so was able to see the 9th rally, and Javys platinum sombrero. His timing Was so off, needs to be completely in the game, he loves having his brain in overdrive , defense , action... channels it all at the plate. Maybe DH VIc tomorrow and give Javys heel a full rest day, because off the bench to PH is one thing, DH all game, not so good, lol.
Also Hamels pattern of folding when he gets squeezed continues.
Rizzo tho....on fire.
Hoping KB and JHey are on the mend
Pedro headed out for his rehab assignment, should be activated for the STL series

Sunday’s game was my first loss of the season. It was a good run! My best season start ever. I wasn’t able to watch the game on Monday but my MLB AtBat app keeps me notified. They didn’t quit yesterday.

I know some people hate it, but I love when position players are used to pitch. I loved seeing Carrot-tini pitch and didn’t mind that he gave up a homer. He did what he was supposed to do: rest the bullpen.

95179226-DE99-48CC-A40F-8F32888B50C5.jpeg

I love that I can post photos right from my phone now! They used to be too big and I would have to reduce the size before posting.

Sunday’s game was my first loss of the season. It was a good run! My best season start ever. I wasn’t able to watch the game on Monday but my MLB AtBat app keeps me notified. They didn’t quit yesterday.

I know some people hate it, but I love when position players are used to pitch. I loved seeing Carrot-tini pitch and didn’t mind that he gave up a homer. He did what he was supposed to do: rest the bullpen.

View attachment 403751

I love that I can post photos right from my phone now! They used to be too big and I would have to reduce the size before posting.
I was working ALL weekend, so didn't get to see anything. :sad:

If you can post directly, then I like the upgrade. That was a pain having to text the picture to myself or edit it to make sure it was under 2ND.

I was working ALL weekend, so didn't get to see anything. :sad:

If you can post directly, then I like the upgrade. That was a pain having to text the picture to myself or edit it to make sure it was under 2ND.
I believe the software now reduces the photo size for us so I can post directly from my phone! No more emailing the photo to myself and saving the smaller photo to post. What a pain that was.

Still no Kris tonight and Javy is still DH. I hope he can hit something tonight. With Willson catching, it would have been good for Victor to be DH.

Still no Kris tonight and Javy is still DH. I hope he can hit something tonight. With Willson catching, it would have been good for Victor to be DH.

I thought the same on Vic, but maybe Javy was looking good in BP today? I just want his heel 100% before the STL series. I mean, this Astro series is more for show than anything right now(& prob knocking the Cubs out of first temporarily until healthy) I’m focused on beating STL IN STL.

May the little girl and AAJ heal quickly. My heart goes out to them, very, very traumatic. I thought for sure they were going to suspend the game for a bit and allow AAJ and any other players a chance to breath. When they didn’t, I turned it off.
Glad they got the W and from what I saw, the girl is expected to be ok. I really hope AAJ is too.

I read that the ball hit the father's arm before it hit the little girl and that they took her to the hospital as a precaution. It was such a devastating evening for Albert as a father himself.

Javy scratched from tonight's game because of heel injury. Russell will play short. Willson will bat fourth.

I wish they would stop showing that Facebook Groups ad about the Dads and Daughters going to the baseball game. Now just isn't the time for that one. It's a cute commercial, but just needs some time since the foul ball at the Astro game before they keep showing little girls with their dads at the ballpark.

Last edited:
First two game against the Rockies were nice, but today's was a bit of a let down. I enjoyed the interview with the 96 yr old veteran of D-Day during the game, even though we missed some of the action on the field. Plus, my other team, Miami Marlins, just kicked the Brewer's a** two games in a row.

By the way, what did picking up Cargo get us? He's good in RF, but has a terrible batting average.

Well gang, been a pretty hectic few weeks here but tomorrow I fly out to Denver to see my kid and the Cubs series! As of right now looks like hitting all 3 games( my first time to Colorado and NOT hiking, unless you count Coors Field:laughing:) sure hope he and I will be Flying the W at least 2/3. Oh yeah, the Kimbrel news is decent, too:thumbsup2407216

Dress Like Lester plane trip to Denver. That was a whole lot of cowboy hats and belt buckles.

Had excellent seats 408526tonight, and also saw Ben Higgins from the Bachelor , so there's that.its not over yet , will be rooting the Cubbies on again tomorrow! Also , my siggie below speaks volumes these last 2 games. Heard Seager may be hurt on the Dodgers?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!