Chicago Cubs fans - Rebuilding Year 2023

Great game until the 9th. Then the Brewers started hitting bloopers that hit the field like dead ducks. It's like they were hitting soggy softballs with broken bats. It was strange. Joe did not look happy when he went out after the win.

On to happier notes ... new thing, bullpen dances after home runs:

59A21688-1200-4C09-943B-0CBF2D252412_zpsoi4t84go.jpg

What a great game!

Robin, you're right about the 9th...kinda became a "bizarro" game then.

Anyway, we won!

Great game until the 9th. Then the Brewers started hitting bloopers that hit the field like dead ducks. It's like they were hitting soggy softballs with broken bats. It was strange. Joe did not look happy when he went out after the win.

Just glad they didn't try to hit the ducks that seem to like Wrigley as their new home. :tongue:

What a great game!

Robin, you're right about the 9th...kinda became a "bizarro" game then.

Anyway, we won!
I'm just glad Floro didn't self destruct. Glad Maddon didn't pull him...it was starting to get a little nerve wracking.

I'm just glad Floro didn't self destruct. Glad Maddon didn't pull him...it was starting to get a little nerve wracking.
Oh, we all wanted him pulled. In retrospect it was better for him that he was left in to work himself out of the jam. He came out of the game with more confidence. Although I'm not sure how much of the damage was really his fault. There were 3-4 fluky dead duck bloop singles that probably would have been an easy play if they had been hit properly.

Oh, we all wanted him pulled. In retrospect it was better for him that he was left in to work himself out of the jam. He came out of the game with more confidence. Although I'm not sure how much of the damage was really his fault. There were 3-4 fluky dead duck bloop singles that probably would have been an easy play if they had been hit properly.
Agreed...that's why I'm glad he worked himself out of the jam and Joe let him. Those are the type of hits as a pitcher or player or fan, you just say REALLY???

I don't know about anyone else, but seeing the bullpen bust a move? The fun is BACK! I recognize THIS team :woohoo::woohoo::woohoo::woohoo::woohoo: and Rossy returns very soon...all is right again. Tommy right into a game in Iowa , keeping his bat hot :thumbsup2 Let's get the Giants tonight and start another W streak! (Robin, we may have to send you and David to every game, lol...c'mon, take one for the team ;))

I don't know about anyone else, but seeing the bullpen bust a move? The fun is BACK! I recognize THIS team :woohoo::woohoo::woohoo::woohoo::woohoo: and Rossy returns very soon...all is right again. Tommy right into a game in Iowa , keeping his bat hot :thumbsup2 Let's get the Giants tonight and start another W streak! (Robin, we may have to send you and David to every game, lol...c'mon, take one for the team ;))

If it means we get the W, I second that motion. All those in favor, say Aye. All those opposed, go to another forum. :sunny:

If it means we get the W, I second that motion. All those in favor, say Aye. All those opposed, go to another forum. :sunny:
It won't always be a W...but willing to take that chance if these guys can be back to themselves. Pretty sure Lackey was hoping a coupla of those runs were saved for him tonight, lol.

It won't always be a W...but willing to take that chance if these guys can be back to themselves. Pretty sure Lackey was hoping a coupla of those runs were saved for him tonight, lol.

And the appropriate response (borrowing/paraphrasing from an old commercial)....

Pitch all you want, we'll make more. It really does seem like they're starting to have fun again and not just when they're hitting like crazy (although that helps!!)

I don't know if the guys were expecting this season to be easy or maybe just not so hard. It seems as though they got into their heads but maybe now have gotten out of them.

Regardless, to me a true winner learns from adversity. I'm hoping to see more of what we saw yesterday... not just the hits/runs but the fun and joy of the game. But the hits/runs are nice too!

Let's go Cubs!

I think the ONE thing they didn't expect was a surly , greedy fan base getting all over them within the first 3 weeks of the season. Some guys don't even have their rings yet ! Who wants to play for THAT? I said before, this season is icing..fine with me to re-group, adjust after the player changes...I'm looking at the 5 or more year plan. I was thrilled to see the bullpens letting loose, even if the next day the Brewer's were sour- graping about the game being called.

http://www.bleachernation.com/2017/...-cubs-because-the-weather-is-hard-to-predict/

Guess somebody feels left out of the Cubs/STL rivalry and wants to start one of their own...too bad the nick name of Miller Park is Wrigley North, lol

I don't know if the guys were expecting this season to be easy or maybe just not so hard. It seems as though they got into their heads but maybe now have gotten out of them.

Regardless, to me a true winner learns from adversity. I'm hoping to see more of what we saw yesterday... not just the hits/runs but the fun and joy of the game. But the hits/runs are nice too!

Let's go Cubs!

That's exactly what they were expecting. Montero called them out for it a few weeks ago and I'm glad he did. Someone needed to say it.

I think the ONE thing they didn't expect was a surly , greedy fan base getting all over them within the first 3 weeks of the season. Some guys don't even have their rings yet ! Who wants to play for THAT? I said before, this season is icing..fine with me to re-group, adjust after the player changes...I'm looking at the 5 or more year plan. I was thrilled to see the bullpens letting loose, even if the next day the Brewer's were sour- graping about the game being called.

http://www.bleachernation.com/2017/...-cubs-because-the-weather-is-hard-to-predict/

Guess somebody feels left out of the Cubs/STL rivalry and wants to start one of their own...too bad the nick name of Miller Park is Wrigley North, lol

Well, I confess...I was wondering too...I looked at the radar about 2 hours before game time and it looked clear. I told DW maybe the outfield is flooded. I mean, I know they can cover the infield and the outfield has drainage, but if it was a downpour, the the outfield could be like a swamp. Since I'm not up there, the radar is about the best I had.

Well, I confess...I was wondering too...I looked at the radar about 2 hours before game time and it looked clear. I told DW maybe the outfield is flooded. I mean, I know they can cover the infield and the outfield has drainage, but if it was a downpour, the the outfield could be like a swamp. Since I'm not up there, the radar is about the best I had.
There was a window of opportunity , however, no one knows the condition of the field from the day before and it was the same crew of Umps who showed zero concern for safety of players...fool me once :rolleyes1As luck would have it, one of the Umps was the same one from the 2008 TB Rays/Phillies W.S., which Joe was the manager of the Rays at the time. I guess Joe and rain just go together, only now it's spelled Reign :thumbsup2

Last edited:
Vote for David Ross in the next 30-60 minutes while you are watching the game. 1-800-868-3404. Five times per phone line and online at Dancing with the stars website.

Man I am so freakin' sick of Lackey always giving up early runs. This cannot continue for the entire freakin' season!

Also why is Happ sitting? The guy has been tearing the cover off the ball! Maddon what are you doing????

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter