Chicago Cubs fans - Rebuilding Year 2023

Did anyone of you watch the documentary on FS1 about this year's WS? We did last night and it was so good.

Brought back all the memories - I laughed, I cried, I grimaced, I cheered.

Still flying the W!

Did anyone of you watch the documentary on FS1 about this year's WS? We did last night and it was so good.

Brought back all the memories - I laughed, I cried, I grimaced, I cheered.

Still flying the W!
I watched it! Needed my kleenex too ...

Well, we knew it was gonna happen~just like tix for the Disney parks...perhaps Santa can be of assistance lol. They did jump a LOT tho
Very true. Prices have to go up, should go up. And if people pay the prices, then that is the justifiable price, just, as you say, like Disney.

Soler and Chapman are gone.

I know this is part of baseball but I'm not quite ready to see the "family" split apart.

Soler and Chapman are gone.

I know this is part of baseball but I'm not quite ready to see the "family" split apart.

Came to post the same news. Fowler 411 surprisingly quiet...I wonder if the Toronto rumors will yield truth? Or STL? When that news hits and the 1% chance that he does a one year with the Cubs again disappears, it will sink in hard. I believe in Christmas miracles but with our congested outfield that seems so unlikely.
well, you know Chappie was a rental from the get go~ Soler, I know Joe likes him but pitching the far more important more than OF. Schwarber bat can certainly fill any gaps left behind by Soler. I actually think Jorge prob thrilled that he is AL now. He isn't the fastest guy to make plays on the field and his injuries seem to haunt him. I just hope Davis stays healthy.
I'm ready to see Szczur have a little more opportunity. He is the steady guy but would love to see him make things happen.
66 days until Spring training!

well...Fowler heading to the Cardinal's (pending his physical tomorrow):( sigh, did it have to be the CARDINAL'S!?!?!?!?!?!(guess 80-90 million is the price for selling your soul ) I say a future trade happens to get him back :rolleyes1....at least we will see him for our season opens against them. Game is on Sunday night April 3rd in STL. Guess that is payback for Heyward and Lackey lol. Suddenly Card's fans are thrilled to have Cub blood in their house, lol, Dex will be their favorite player for SURE! Will def miss him and he will always be a Cub to me.
Cubs added another lefty to the bullpen~Caleb Smith from the Brewers. Roster is now at 36 of 40 and talks look all but complete on adding righty Koji Uehara (41) looking for a one year contract in the 4.5 million range.

Last edited:
Happy New Year Cubs fans!!!!

We're at Boardwalk Villas. We just enjoyed awesome fireworks. Now we're home on our balcony people watching and drinking champagne.

55E5E4AB-6315-42A9-8EC6-D33E49539FCC_zpsei22qadh.jpg

FA4ADFB6-22B5-4C1E-AC7B-D68D74015FF6_zpsrdtdldaw.jpg

98DB7FD9-C3CC-47DE-8DB6-EE3D68A7862A_zpsjruclvdr.jpg

We're at Boardwalk Villas. We just enjoyed awesome fireworks. Now we're home on our balcony people watching and drinking champagne.

HAPPY NEW YEAR ROBIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
GREAT bottle of bubbly!

DD gave this one to my brother (you met him at SC)
www.manoswine.com-CC6-10.jpg

Enjoy WDW , great way to start 2017!

Great pictures Robin and Pam. Happy and Healthy New Year wishes coming your ways.

HAPPY NEW YEAR ROBIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
GREAT bottle of bubbly!

DD gave this one to my brother (you met him at SC)
www.manoswine.com-CC6-10.jpg

Enjoy WDW , great way to start 2017!

WHAT retirement?!?!?!?!

Grandpa's BACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
david+ross+GettyImages-620135562.png

SO HAPPY David Ross is staying on with the Cub's in the Operations Department! (Special Assistant role) No arbitration on Jake's contract , he's good to go...and the Cub's Convention t.v. coverage starts in a few minutes on WGN. The Blue is still going strong!

upload_2017-1-14_19-46-3.jpeg

I'm not real happy with Jake skipping visiting the White House on Monday. His excuses don't hold water for me.

I'm not real happy with Jake skipping visiting the White House on Monday. His excuses don't hold water for me.
Feel the same about Lackey, Lester, Wood being MIA as well? I felt bad that the POTUS mentioned almost everyone but Willy ..(or Lackey/CJ/Chapman...)

There is live coverage of the Cubs meeting President Obama! It was supposed to start about 25 minutes ago but hasn't yet.

http://www.nbcchicago.com/news/loca...obama-world-series-live-monday-410668625.html
it replayed on CSN at 7 (CENTRAL) and will again at 10:30 tonight!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter