Chicago Cubs fans - Rebuilding Year 2023

I think most of the team feels the same way. FWIW, I think it was a good move to send Schwarbs down to Iowa. Let him work on what he needs to and come back stronger.
ITA...Schwarb's LITERALLY taking one for the team ..the move shaking/waking them ALL up.
Yep, last night was another feast. Hope tonight isn't a famine. Every time that happens, I'm saying (I know they can't hear me) save some for tomorrow guys. :lmao:

I was thinking he might pitch the whole game, but since he didn't have a no-hitter or shutout going, I guess no point.

I think he got lucky with that fly to shallow left. I realize they had a long way to run, but if the infielder had yielded, the left fielder could've had it. He eased up because he didn't want a collision and had he continued, he may or may not have had to dive for it.

What did y'all think of Jake's infield hit? If he had been running on the next play, it would've been almost identical, but then again...he was pitching great, so rather he take it easy vs. hurting himself either with a pulled muscle or a slide into 2nd.

I was laughing :lmao: -- The announcers had JUST said he was struggling with RISP and BAM!!!! It seems like every time an announcer says something like that, it happens, so I was (between laughs) saying thank you announcers. Please say that again next time he has RISP, please, PLEEEEASSSEEE! :rotfl2:

Sad for Kyle, but hoping it does get his head back in the game. Good to see Happ getting some base hits...that's good and I hope Kyle noticed. Yes, HRs are cool, but just solid base hitting is great too. When you're trying to hit a HR every time, you tend to strike out a lot more often. When you just try to hit the ball hard, you also get singles, doubles and triples...all of which are GOOD!

Zagunis...meh. He went ohfer the whole night (0 for 5).

I'm a dolphins fan, but not marlins, so pardon the use of the term(only in respect to the Marlins)....kicking some fin is always good!
On Jake's pitching length..absolutely 100% pull him then. Need him for Nat's series and that horrible stadium w/no A/C or airflow for that matter was nuts. Bet he went thru 2 or 3 jerseys. No need to risk any injury or bad juju leaving him in. I also agreed with him not pushing it on the play at second. Needed him to reserve energy.
The back to back Rizzo/KB blooper/dribbler's...Bryzzo PLANNED that :rolleyes1:rotfl2::thumbsup2

I disagree with assessment of Zagunis..guy knocked in an early RBI setting the tone and pressure put on Marlins early, thus allowing Jake to relax some. He did just fine. Also helped work up pitch count.

Urena going to be a lot tougher, but Riz , Jay and Addie can hit off him and Addie on a tear. Need to get him out early....Lackey has to do his best to keep it in the park. We have to score early again and keep the lead like last night. Big John needs another road W and we need another W streak.

LETS GO CUBS!!!!!!!!!!!

Tonight's lineup~ Ian/Addie seems to be working well..Rizzo got to be at home with his family and that home cookin' so hope he is feeling good! Miggy says to fasten our seat belts, sounds good to me!
Let's go fishin' in Florida!
upload_2017-6-23_15-53-19.jpeg

IT'S JD'S BDAY...Lets get him the W!

DDBx-wSV0AEomiO.jpg

Last edited:
:rolleyes1

Well, Lackey kept us in the game (even though he gave up the first run)....bat's cold on a hot Miami night.

we win, we don't , we win, we don't , we.....?

yoyopuppy.gif~c200

on the up side the Brewers are currently losing..UPDATE: Brewers lost :D

Last edited:

Missed last night's game entirely but was not surprised to see they lost. That seems to be how they roll after a big win. Wish they could learn to balance that a bit...

Fly the W folks!!

Lester looked great except that one pitch he wishes he had back from the 1st inning.
Baez did a great job at 3rd. Ian with a great play at 2nd. KB...little worried he'd hurt his hand tagging the guy at first, but I think he was okay. You would think these folks would know not to run on Contreras. I will say the call was close...I think maybe he got his toe into the bag before Javy tagged him, but guess it was too close or non-conclusive to overturn.

Go Cubs Go!!!
Lose Brewers Lose. The Braves beat the Brewers also. Great day all around.

PS: Days games are wonderful!!

Last edited:
Missed last night's game entirely but was not surprised to see they lost. That seems to be how they roll after a big win. Wish they could learn to balance that a bit...

Unfortunately, yeah...we're smokin' hot one day and then nothing (or close to it the next). Have to find something to KEEP them hot EVERY day. I'm not asking for too much, am I? :lmao:

Unfortunately, yeah...we're smokin' hot one day and then nothing (or close to it the next). Have to find something to KEEP them hot EVERY day. I'm not asking for too much, am I? :lmao:

I think you are being perfectly rational!

Good game today! Love seeing my flag flying in the breeze!

Congrat's to Lester on his FIRST W against the Marlin's!!!!!!!!! Thankfully the world has given us Pat and Ron so I was able to hear most of the game...would have been a beauty to watch. SO thrilled with another road W and the guys playing small ball! Defense top notch again and Lester with the strict diet policy, sending back everything served on the plate, lol. Javy, you poster boy for good decisions, you...sweet RBI..and AAJ too! His base running key today. Happ having a fantastic series..his best one so far I think. PerHAPP's he connected dots as to why Schwarb's was sent down , be a hitter~just get on base. Addie consistent and the middle of the order has been clutch! Willy's cannon.. that is only the 4th time Gordon has been picked off, ever. Willy, your arm is savage. That Brewers L is a lovely bonus to the day..however, the Nats/Reds score?:scared: 18-3 and we play the Nat's next after tomorrow. Hopefully Rizzo made the most of his *rest* today...gonna need him. STL down 7-1 in the 8th...just a little more icing.
Lets get the series tomorrow!

Rizzo is back being GLOAT, KB in RF and Tommy in today~ Let's have a fish fry today!
Miggy and Monty were stellar in their last outing, lets keep the mojo going!

DDK6y0YW0AAeE68.jpg:large

Marlins giving Ichiro the start:
6/25 @Marlins lineup vs CHC Ichiro CF Stanton RF Bour 1B Ozuna LF Realmuto C Prado 3B Dietrich 2B Riddle SS Volquez P

hmmmm...did the Cub's miss my memo on the fish fry? Had all the right bait~ pitching, hits, but a costly error and missed sign let the Marlin's off the hook. Wish we could bottle Monty's outing. Addie reports sharp, pinching pain in his shoulder :( and he was on a tear. All this one step forward 2 steps back can be done now. Zobies wrist has to forget it's age and JHey's hand needs to heal, like, now. Most of the Cub players who were pretty successful against tomorrows pitcher are gone, lol. Dex, Cog's, Ross, Szczur...time to turn the page and show up to WIN! The Red's beat the Nat's today (however it was the Nat's worst pitcher and we see Sherzer and Strasburg back to back :faint:)So, did Miggy mean #WeAreBack or #AreWeBack ?

Unsure-Larry-David.gif

Maybe we have the element of surprise with Butler? :rolleyes1

Willy LO!
giphy.gif

Rizzo in the 2 spot
(Riz will be back in LO tomorrow, his batting average against Gonzalez is, ummmm, not good. Not good at all)

102816_worldseries_game3_clechc_rizzo_reaction_MED_pblwh7fo.gif

When people comment "they aren't the same team as last year".. only 5 out of 9 in this line up were in the W.S. and AAJ and Willy only part time. We are bruised , but not broken! Just don't want to see a football score tonight, unless it's US, lol.
A year ago today Rizzo got his first hit as a Cub...I was really hoping he was going to still be LO tonight, but lets see what Willy does with it. Hopefully Joe forgave him for missing the sign yesterday, (or maybe LO is his fine :rolleyes1) I have a gut feeling Koji is in tonight, and gets smoked..which demoralizes him completely...please let me be wrong, please let me be wrong. Nats can be beat but it is usually day games~we have a day game Thurs!:thumbsup2

LETS GO CUBS!!!!! We hit off of Kershaw~ we can get Scherzer and Strasburg, right?

396da75ed3a0e4d8d61afb851244200d--cubs-wallpaper-wrigley-field-chicago.jpg

DDRUI35WsAABaDW.jpg:large

Last edited:
I'm glad we won but man...I need some whiskey. And I don't drink whiskey.

Cardiac Cubs have returned!! :scared1::faint::scared1:
I know it wasn't a save situation at the time but..NEVER EVER PUT HECTOR IN TO FACE MURPHY NO MATTER HOW BIG THE LEAD!!!!!!!!!!! Now we don't have Davis tomorrow..grrrrrrrrrrr

BUT WILLY LEAD OFF HOMER!!!! That rocket arm with the pick off..and playing through the ball hitting off his ankle :eek:ouch
HOLY JAVY~ WHAT A NIGHT!!! If the game would have been blown after the night he had?
200.webp

Butler was phenomenal pitching shut out innings, bull pen great again , Grim getting Zimmerman on that 3-2? :worship:minus Hector (and some of Wade:duck:)

Pat and Ron are drained...exited quickly after the W lol, as for me?

I have to go take a valium now, k~ bye

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!