Chest Harness Camera Allowed on Tron?

Coach081

Earning My Ears
Can anyone confirm if you are allowed to wear a small action camera on the new Tron ride if it is attached to a chest or wrist harness?

I don’t think they are too strict. This vlogger rode holding his phone . And you can see the guy behind him holding his phone. Based on that, I think a harness would be allowed.

C4B70E96-5B21-4910-90EA-680120B5FF64.jpeg

I think as a person riding Tron, I'd feel way more comfortable with someone else using the secure harness - people just holding their phones like above looks like a potential accident waiting to happen - and it will happen to those sitting behind them when the phone slips on takeoff..... Amazing that you cannot have phones with you on FOP, but you can on Tron?

Thanks for this information, I believe you are supposed to put your phones in a provided compartment during the ride. I plan on using a small action camera with a chest harness for my first ride. Has anyone else tried either a chest or wrist harness on this ride yet?

I have seen a couple vlogs where they used the chest harness so I’m sure that is allowed.

I don’t think they are too strict. This vlogger rode holding his phone . And you can see the guy behind him holding his phone. Based on that, I think a harness would be allowed.

View attachment 749381
So you're using a picture of a couple people obviously breaking rules to claim there are no rules? There is a compartment on each bike where phones/glasses/other small items not placed in the lockers are supposed to be placed for the duration of the ride. Unfortunately, there's nothing preventing someone from taking their phone out of that compartment once the train has left the loading station.

Exceptions are made for media (JoJo is a vlogger). You’re not supposed to hold a phone for safety reasons. Tim Tracker showed a net under the ride that would catch things that fall and clarified that holding a phone is not allowed (a pocket wouldn’t be safe either and a phone can fall out easily).

I would think a chest harness would be allowed. I would take it and ask the CM.

https://wdwnt.com/2023/02/video-ent...ron-lightcycle-run-full-pov-at-magic-kingdom/

Last edited:

View attachment 749381

Holding phones isn't allowed. What people do is put them in the compartment and take them back out as soon as the ride starts when no one can stop them.

But anyway, AFAIK, chest harnesses are fine.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter