Chefs de France for lunch ?

sydneysmom

DIS Veteran
I'm hoping to get everyone's thoughts on Chef's de France for lunch. I was originally going have us going to Rose and Crown, but I've really read so many negative things about the food that I'm really rethinking that choice.

Chefs menu looks awesome. We're going to go to Coral Reef, LeCellier and San Angel Inn, Akershus on other days, so they're out.

Does anyone know if Remy is still there ? (and if so, is it sporatic or is he there during lunch ? ) Also, if anyone has any other suggestions, I'm totally open. it's going to be me, DH and DD4.
thanks everyone !!!

I had a solo lunch at Chefs in June 09 (click on thread for pics and full review) and it was fantastic...we had dinner in Oct 09 and the food was terrible

We enjoy Chefs! For lunch I like to get either the French Onion Soup, or the Escargots for my appetizer. I love the Quiche Lorraine for my entree, it was so delicious! We are going to be having lunch there in just a few days, I can't wait!

we were just there. first of all remy is there and he is so great! we had lunch and i think they said he comes out every 40 minutes. the lobster bisque was wonderful and the creme brulee the best i've had. the quiche was very good , nothing extraordinary but fine. the bread was also good. we are planning on returning for lunch in a few months. gotta love remy!

Our lunch at Chefs was really good. We had the prix fixe. soup (french onion and lobster bisque), sandwich (ham and cheese-very good), salad, and dessert (creme brulee). Remy came by and our waitress was really nice. It was one of our favorite meals.

We had lunch there in June and the best thing about our meal was the 3 minutes we met Remy.
Service was excellent but the food was 'meh' at best.
Glad we did it to meet him but we are in no hurry to go back.

I'm hoping to get everyone's thoughts on Chef's de France for lunch. I was originally going have us going to Rose and Crown, but I've really read so many negative things about the food that I'm really rethinking that choice.

Chefs menu looks awesome. We're going to go to Coral Reef, LeCellier and San Angel Inn, Akershus on other days, so they're out.

Does anyone know if Remy is still there ? (and if so, is it sporatic or is he there during lunch ? ) Also, if anyone has any other suggestions, I'm totally open. it's going to be me, DH and DD4.
thanks everyone !!!

This was on another thread:
Originally Posted by erin7075
Hi,

Steve Soares' site states Remy's schedule is:

Inside Les Chefs de France.
Monday-Saturday at 12:30, 1:40, 2:50 & 5:20pm

We've only had lunch there and loved the food both times! This May when we go, we are having my birthday dinner there so I hope it's good!

Les Chefs does not have good food. I wouldn't waste my theme park time, or money there. It's like frozen food from a box.

But if you're set on Remy, he makes apperances at lunch.

I had lunch at Chefs and it was good. I had the mac 'n' cheese and the portions are huge. The prices are much cheaper than dinner, so you can't go wrong with that :thumbsup2

We loved our lunch at Chefs de France!

My DD and I shared the fixed-price lunch -- we had soup, the cheesy pasta dish, and a dessert -- and we were not able to finish them!

The food was yummy and Remy was adorable!:goodvibes

We also really enjoyed our lunch here. It was unplanned, so I didn't have time to research the menu beforehand. Out of the 3 of us that ate there, we all liked what we got. The escargot was the best I had so far.

Thought the mac & cheese and onion soup were pretty good and if you order from the fixed price menu you get a dessert with that. I'd stick with the creme brulee, profiteroles were good but too messy. I kind of hesitate to order anything more complicated there.

We've done the fixed price meal for lunch on our last four visits. It is very good, with french onion soup (smothered in melted cheese, I like cheese but this is extremely cheesy) a green salad, a toasted ham and cheese sandwich and creme brulee for dessert. All for around $20. You could actually share this because it is so much food! We've found that if we make the first available reservation for lunch, that we've always been seated in the little glass atrium that overlooks the walkway. On my husband's birthday, the wait staff came over with a cupcake / candle and sang happy birthday. :dance3: (I informed the person that seated us, that it was is birthday).

I am planning on eating here for our October trip for lunch. We have eaten here before about 5 years ago for dinner and really enjoyed it. I went and saw the menu for lunch and they really give you a good deal for the $20. My DH and I were drooling over the fact that they have lobster bisque there. We can't wait.

I had a solo lunch at Chefs in June 09 (click on thread for pics and full review) and it was fantastic...we had dinner in Oct 09 and the food was terrible

Oh, I have to tell you, I LOVE reading your reviews ! I'll look on the the threads that you have above to see Chefs..... thank you !!

This was on another thread:
Originally Posted by erin7075
Hi,

Steve Soares' site states Remy's schedule is:

Inside Les Chefs de France.
Monday-Saturday at 12:30, 1:40, 2:50 & 5:20pm

this is awesome, thank you for putting this in.....I'll definately book lunch around this. My DD4 will FLIP over seeing Remy ! that's one of her fav movies !!!

thanks so much to everyone! I think we'll definately do this one for lunch. it's funny, you get your mind set for something (Rose and Crown) and then the Disboards once again proves invaluable!! After reading about R & C...no way!! I never would have considered Chefs ( honestly, I don't know why....I guess in my mind I thought it might be just kind of too stuffy) but now I'm SO glad I asked for advice !!
there's nothing like the people on the Disboards to give you wonderful help!! thanks to everyone !!! :lovestruc

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter