Chef Remy will no longer appear at Les Chefs de France

Rumors Rocks

Mouseketeer
http://www.wdwinfo.com/wdwinfo/guides/epcot/epws-france.htm#dining

Chef Remy, the 6-inch tall audio-animatronic rat from Ratatouille, will no longer be appearing at Les Chefs de France after October 24.

RemyEpcotLARGE.jpg

That stinks. I wonder why? A few years back, my wife and I were having lunch there and had no idea that Chef Remy would make an appearance. It was a funny and unexpected surprise.

My 12 year old son heard that Remy is leaving, and asked "why!!?? That's the saddest news I've heard all day!" Remy was such a cute treat, and quieter, calmer than most character interactions. Just sweet. I will really miss him.

I didn't know they had a 6" in Remy! Ratatouille is one of my favorite Disney movies! I wish they had a Remy Character meet with a full-sized Remy!

Under appreciated movie.

Had the opportunity to eat there a month ago, glad we could see this before it leaves.

This is too bad. Ratatouille was a very good but under appreciated movie. I had hoped to see him next year for my trip. I don't think I'll eat at Le Chefs now.

I wonder if this is related to the new ratatouille area at DLRP

I know they have had a Remy at DLRP but not sure if its still there or if that was the same one that's now in Epcot or their own? If they have/had their own then maybe the Epcot one is going to DLRP as a spare. If its the only one then I can imagine its definitely going to be used in the ratatouille area.

That is SO LAME. We have a lunch reservation for late January and I was looking forward to seeing him (never have been before) and surprising my mom. Good thing I didn't tell her about Remy being there. Rats! Rats that there's no rat! :(

We ate at Chef's de France on September 27th for the first time in years. I was unaware that Chef Remmy made cameo appearances throughout the restaurant, but was delighted at the experience. As any Disney fanatic knows, it's the little touches and details that make Disney such a unique experience, and this is a perfect example of one such detail that made our meal at Chefs de France so memorable. What a shame that this is going by the wayside.

As a previous poster mentioned, his "handler" was absolutely perfect for the role (at least the one that we experienced - I am sure there are many). This gentleman's name was Armand, and I believe the below picture explains it all.

And here's the main star as of two weeks ago:

What a shame :confused::sick:

I worked very hard last year to configure a perfect time to visit CdF to see Remy. The food was just OK, and ours was basically the only table Remy & Friend didn't visit. I was highly disappointed.

NOOOOOOOOO

Thats half the reason we are eating there!

We had such a blast with Remey last visit..... My daughter will be crushed.

As a previous poster mentioned, his "handler" was absolutely perfect for the role (at least the one that we experienced - I am sure there are many). This gentleman's name was Armand, and I believe the below picture explains it all.

Armand is one of our favorite CM interactions. We go to Les Chef every visit for his show. I've never seen anyone else handle Remy but him.

Has there been any reason given why they are taking him away? I can't imagine it is to send him to DLRP, I am sure Disney have enough money to make another Remy! This stinks! I can't understand why they would do this :confused3 Perhaps they have something else up their sleeves? It does say he won't be appearing at Chefs any longer, perhaps he is just being relocated within the France Pavillion??

Does anyone happen to know what time the restaurant transitions from lunch to dinner? Is it 4pm? I'd like to try to fit in a lunch reservation so my children can see Remy before he leaves, but I haven't had luck finding this info.

Chef Remy continues his restaurant appearances Monday through Saturday his last day. His showtimes are at 12:30 p.m., 1:40 p.m., 2:50 p.m., and 5:20 p.m. Reservations are recommended if you want to dine at Chefs de France to see Remy. Taken from touringplans.com

The why behind removing him is probably the same as removing the entertainment from ohana and removing extra magic hours from 3 hours to 2 hours they want to cut man hours. Disney seems to be all about cutting any extra magic they can these days to save a buck! Sad but I believe it to be true.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter