Chef Mickey's ?

Celidh

DIS Veteran
Well, it looks like with the new fd coming out on Monday, our dream of going to WDW is actually coming true. TA has all our info and will be hopefully booking us first thing.

So, we will have qs dining but plan on paying oop to go to Chef Mickey's

My questions are:

1. How long do you usually spend having breakfast at Chef Mickey's to make sure you have time to eat and meet the characters?

2. How do they book their breakfast ADRs? Do they space them every 15 minutes or so? Also, what time is the last booking for breakfast? We want to have a late breakfast so it will be our lunch to. We will just give the kids something small in the room like a granola bar or something we bring from home.

OMG, I am so excited that it looks like my dream is coming true.:banana: I cannot wait to tell my kids. Now I have to come up with an exciting way to surprise them with the news.

Congrats on finalizing your Disney trip! chef Mickey's is one of my son's favorite restaurants - he loves the atmosphere of being in the Contemp. with the monorail and big murals and all. In fact we have 3 breakfast ADRS for Chef Mickeys for our Aug. trip!

I would say you should give yourself a good hour and a half at least for Chef Mickeys. First you go up to have your picture taken with a statue of Mickey by a big plate and all. Someone will come by your table during your meal to show you the picture if you want to buy a package. It also can go on your photo pass card - I just am not sure if you have to buy it to do so. You don't have to take the picture if you don't want -or if you do you are no obligated to buy it.

The characters came around pretty regularly..but it all depends on the luck of when you get seated and where they are in the roatation. One time at Crystal Palace, we finished our breakfast and not one character had come by our table. But the times we were at Chef Mickeys we got to see all of them in a reasonable amount of time.

Also, we factor in Comtemporary time..as after we eat DS likes to look around the Contemporary shops and concourse level.

Chef Mickey's serves breakfast until 11:30am. Reservation times are in 10 or 15 minute intervals. Chances are you can make a reservatiosn for 11:15, 11:20 or even 11:30am. And don't worry about "left over / old food" as the food at the buffet is constantly replenished.

our departure day meal. We used to eat around 10:15 - 10:30. Most of the time it took as nearly 90 minutes to see all of the characters. The meal doesn't take nearly that long.

Last trip, due to mistake on my part, we ended up with an 11:25 ADR. That meal took about 60 minutes. At the end only one section had customers and the characters that rotated through early in our meal came back to ensure they met everyone.

In June we have an 11:15 ADR but made intentionally this time.

What is the food selection like towards the end of the buffet. I have been to many buffets where they stop replenishing within half an hour or so before the closing time. It is frustrating to only have your choice of some of the foods because they have sold out and the kitchen doesn't replenish them or they are cold and dry looking because they have been sitting there for a while.

I realize when you are paying for a character meal, part of the cost is because of the character interaction but I would still like to have hot, fresh food.

What are people's experiences with the food at the end of the buffet at Chef Mickey's?

Thanks!

How long do the characters stick around?? We ordered a chocolate slipper for our daughter the night we're going to Chef Mickeys @ 9:00. Thought it would be sweet if Mickey brought it out to her...what are the chances of that happening?

What is the food selection like towards the end of the buffet. I have been to many buffets where they stop replenishing within half an hour or so before the closing time. It is frustrating to only have your choice of some of the foods because they have sold out and the kitchen doesn't replenish them or they are cold and dry looking because they have been sitting there for a while.

I realize when you are paying for a character meal, part of the cost is because of the character interaction but I would still like to have hot, fresh food.

What are people's experiences with the food at the end of the buffet at Chef Mickey's?

Thanks!

food was replenished pretty regularly. CM doesn't have gourmet fare. The Challah French Toast is tasty and there are some other items that are good, but we mainly go for the big five characters. It doesn't take even the 60 minutes to finish eating - at least not for me. But still I do not remember any stations running out of food (they did go to one line later when the restaurant was very empty) and I do remember seeing partial trays of items being replaced with fresh ones when going to the buffet.

"How long do the characters stick around?? We ordered a chocolate slipper for our daughter the night we're going to Chef Mickeys @ 9:00. Thought it would be sweet if Mickey brought it out to her...what are the chances of that happening?"

I assume you are asking about dinner because of the 9:00 ADR. We had breakfast and had one of the absolute last ADRs and had no problem seeing all of the characters.

The characters rotate in a specific pattern around the restaurant to ensure they get to see all of the guests. In our case some came early in our meal and some later. All of the late ADRs were seated in one section. The early characters came back a second time to make sure everyone was greeted. We left about 50-60 minutes after the last ADR and there were still some characters nearby.

We have only been once to a late ADR at CM. We usually went to CM and then to DTD for last minute souvenirs. We did that at least four times before this last trip. Based on that one experience we're changing our routine. Not only was CM less hectic and quicker, but the shops in DTD were less busy first thing in the morning.

I'm hopeful this June will work out the same.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter