Chef Mickeys or Rainforest Cafe (DS) dinner?

StelmackFamily

Earning My Ears
We have the TS dining plan, DD 5.5 and DD 8. I am torn about dinner for arrival (non park night). We fly into BWI 315 pm, I wanted to do dinner (Staying AOA Suite)...which would you chose?

We already have Ohana Breakfast, Tusker House dinner, Asheskus Lunch, H&V breakfast, 1900 PF dinner, BOG dinner, and Crystal Palace bfast booked for the trip!

For a "better value" on the dining plan, and if seeing Minnie Mouse was a must (she's not at your other character meals), I'd go with Chef Mickey. On the other hand, Rainforest Cafe would be nice for something different from a character meal since you have a lot of them already, especially if your kids have never been there before. Some other fun options in Disney Springs- Ragland Road with the Irish dancers, and Splitsville for bowling and good food

For a "better value" on the dining plan, and if seeing Minnie Mouse was a must (she's not at your other character meals), I'd go with Chef Mickey. On the other hand, Rainforest Cafe would be nice for something different from a character meal since you have a lot of them already, especially if your kids have never been there before. Some other fun options in Disney Springs- Ragland Road with the Irish dancers, and Splitsville for bowling and good food

I agree with this. Though Chef Mickey's is the bigger bang for your TS credit, that's a heck of a lot of character meals. The food at Rainforest isn't great. I would consider Raglan Road for something fun and different!

I have a rule about eating at places unique to WDW while at WDW. TRex has been the only exception for us, but that's because I don't see us getting to the other TRex. RFC is different...there are TONS of RFCs all over the place. I know not everyone has one locally, but we have three and many vacation destinations have at least one, so it's a big no-no for us at WDW. So Chef Mickey's dinner (while not a fave) would win out for me.

I have a rule about eating at places unique to WDW while at WDW. TRex has been the only exception for us, but that's because I don't see us getting to the other TRex. RFC is different...there are TONS of RFCs all over the place. I know not everyone has one locally, but we have three and many vacation destinations have at least one, so it's a big no-no for us at WDW. So Chef Mickey's dinner (while not a fave) would win out for me.
This is our rule of thumb as well. Speaking of TRex, that would be a great alternative for OP. The food is certainly better than RFC and the atmosphere is still very kid friendly without being deluged with characters (as I see you are going to be swimming in them for the rest of your trip). If you are dead set on one of the two mentioned, I would do Chef Mickey's. The food isn't great, but you do get the Fab Five and a trip on the monorail.

Same for us. There are way too many good and unique restaurants in WDW to choose a chain restaurant. Even if you don't have a RFC, the food is on par with all other chain restaurants - think Friday's or Applebee's. Not bad, but nothing to write home about either. Chef Mickey's would be my vote.

While you have a lot of character meals, that one does have characters yo uwill not see at the other character meals. If your kids are into characters, I would do Chef Mickeys. If you want something different, Rainforest is not a bad option. Kids really like that one as well.

Go with Chef Mickey's you get the Fab 5. I read another poster who commented on how many character meals you had and I say character meals are one of the greatest time savers in the park. You have to eat anyways and you save hours of line waiting so your little ones can meet the characters. I say this as the veteran of every single character meal they have with the exception of Cape May (my daughter when young thought they served seafood for breakfast and she hates anything to do with seafood).

You already have some character dinners....I would totally choose Rainforest Cafe.
The menu is so large, and the food is good.
The atmosphere for pictures is very cool for kids and the gift shop is very fun to walk around also.
Rainforest Cafe drinks/slushes with the animal heads is a must do.
When you do a lot of "Disney" meals...it's nice to step into a restaurant that feels like you are in a museum/zoo.
Good Luck with whatever you choose.
I took my kids to Rainforest from the time they were 3,4 & 7....and we can't wait to eat there next week and they are now 18,19 & 22! ;););)

I enjoy Trex and RFC and it was a first night tradition for us for years. so that's a hard call, we like to do Disney Springs on our first day to ease into the Disney bubble, but I think CM is a great way to get into the Disney spirit as well, I say if your on DDP CM is the biggest bang for your buck tho

First I will caution against making an ADR for arrival day. So many things can wrong in terms of flight delays, etc. and you don't want to miss your ADR and be charged the no-show fee. That said, if I had to pick one I would go with CM for the classic Disney experience. We have RFC locally (and it's in many vacation destinations) so I won't eat there at WDW.

We've eaten at the Rainforest Café both at DS and AK. And also at DTD at DL resort. All three were very disappointing. Service was poor as was the food. We're not going back.

We have ate & drank :drinking1at least 50 meals at RFC...and haven't had a bad experience yet. I guess I will consider us lucky :woohoo:

We prefer the AK RF to DS RF. They are always behind in reservation times at DS RF and with little kids waiting in that area of DS is horrible.

For Dining credits I'd say CM as the character interaction is great. The food is on par with Golden Corale but the photo ops are super :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter