Chef Mickey's for Breakfast????

surgefest

DIS Veteran
Who has eaten at Chef Mickeys for breakfast? Whats it like? Food? Atmosphere ? Do they still do the whole thing where you waive the napkin over your head?? Overal Did you think it was worth it? Any tips? Thanks!

We haven't been to Disney since 05, but we eat breakfast at CM's every trip. In fact, we will be eating there in Aug soon. They still do the napkin waving thing, but we have heard that Chip and Dale are no longer there. The food was not bad for a buffet, and there is a great variety. Good luck !:thumbsup2

The food was not the greatest, but good for a buffet. The atmosphere was what was great about it, with the monorail running through above you and the characters. It was definately something to remember!:)

We ate there Aug 06 on our first family trip and enjoyed it. The food wasn't great, but good. The atmosphere was wonderful. My 7 year old ds had a great time. Between the atmosphere and character interaction, I would definitely reccomend Chef Mickey's.

We went to CM for breakfast a few years ago...it was really good! I'd say the food was a little better than your average Disney breakfast fare...though that was probably because they had desserts and stickey mickeys!!

As already stated, they do do the napkin waving thing. I don't remember if
Chip & Dale were there when we went, but I know they weren't there at dinner in May...I wonder if the chipmunks have been fazed out of CM??:confused3

Even though it's been a while since my family and I went to Chef Mickey's I don't recall seeing Chip & Dale when looking down at Chef Mickey's from the 12th floor of the Contemporary. That goes for both breakfast and for dinner.

We just went on June 19th. Chip and Dale were not there. We had Minnie, Mickey, Donald, Goofy, & Pluto. We had a late ADR at around 11:20 and rec'd tons of attention. We really loved the waffles and the kids (dd and dh:lmao: ) we thrilled with the dessert bar.

Even though it's been a while since my family and I went to Chef Mickey's I don't recall seeing Chip & Dale when looking down at Chef Mickey's from the 12th floor of the Contemporary. That goes for both breakfast and for dinner.

Can you only look down from the 12th floor? I haven't ever been there but we are planning on it for my dh's birthday in January. Thanks for the reviews!

Chef Mickey's is GREAT!!! My parents took me there as a kid, and now that my DH and I have kids of our own, it is now a tradition to have breakfast there every trip! My kids LOVE it! The atmosphere is great with the monorail going overhead, and the food is pretty good. Not the best, but certainly worth the money. We were last last June and the characters came around at least once, some of them came twice. It was full too! The napkin party time is fun too! Go enjoy!!!:thumbsup2

I got my ADR last night at Chef Mickey's for 9/29. I am so excited. We wanted to go last year and in 2005, but just never got around to it.
:cool1:

Chef Mickeys is probably considered the best overall character meal. It was really fun and had all the best characters (besides Tigger) and great food, but it was a littler over the top for me (I'm much more laid back). If you're like me and want a laid back atmosphere and GREAT food for a character breakfast, try the Cape May Cafe character breakfast at the BC. It's awesome, we go almost every year. But if you want the crazy wild type of character breakfast go to CM.

Can you only look down from the 12th floor? I haven't ever been there but we are planning on it for my dh's birthday in January. Thanks for the reviews!
Like I said before yes you can look down into Chef Mickey's from the 12th floor, however since that is a Club Level floor you need to be staying up there to do so and to get up there you have to insert your KTTW card into the elevator. So it's not like any of the other floors in the Tower where you can go in the elevator and go to any floor you want to.

We ate there last year for breakfast and it was wonderful!! The character interaction was great and they do the napkin thing. My kids loved this!! It was well worth the getting up and the money.

We plan on going back again next year when we go back to the world!!

Frances

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter