Cheese Soup at Le Cellier... Bacon?

LittleFlounder

DIS Veteran
I'm curious about the taste of the cheddar cheese soup at Le Cellier. Does the soup have a strong bacon flavour? or is the cheese the more dominant flavour? I'm really not a big fan of bacon, but I'd be interested in the soup if the bacon flavour was more subtle. I'm trying to decide if I should make an ADR at Le Cellier to try the soup.

I was just there last week and I have to say I would skip LeCellier all together! I kills me to say this because I was a big fan long before I even found the DIS. I was in shock how really truly bad the food was. My favorite always was the Prince Edward Island Muscles (sp?) And OMG they were just bad bad bad. Everything was just blah! Even the people sitting at the table next to us were like what the heck happened to this place. If I was not on the DDP I would have been angry I had to pay that kind of money for that horrible food, bad enough I had to go oop for the muscles.

On out last day of our trip we met 2 people that work in DTD(admin and HR ) they told us that the chef from LeCellier was moved to Jiko so I have now put that on my list to try.

Oh and by the way the dominant flavor of the soup was salt! Soooo disapointing!

we ate there Friday evening.....6 of us.....one was a child.....we had the cheddar cheese soup.....I am really out on what the flavor was but it was good..very cheesey I think..we all loved it except the child who tried it at least......we were four adults had the prime rib....one with yukon potatoes and three with the cream cheese potatoes.......very good .....the pretzel bread was a hit for those who were new to this restaurant......one adult had the new addition chicken and said it melted in his mouth.....and the child had a steak with green beans and then celery and carrot sticks with ranch dressing.....and a sundae for dessert......he loved the green beans cause he dunked them in the dressing too.......we were very full and had to be rolled out of the restaurant......

sorry that the previous poster didnt enjoy their time there.....some do and some dont......

I don't like bacon either and yes the soup has bacon in it, but it is a subtle taste. I love the soup though.

BTW, PP it's mussels :lmao: I love those too. I could make a meal out of appetizers here.

I didnt think there was a heavy bacon flavor...more like a smokey flavor

I don't like bacon either and yes the soup has bacon in it, but it is a subtle taste. I love the soup though.

BTW, PP it's mussels :lmao: I love those too. I could make a meal out of appetizers here.

Thanks for the correction. If my spelling was not so bad my post count would be a lot higher:goodvibes
Have you had the "mussles" lately?:sad1:

Well we've been there a few times (don't bother with it anymore) and the overwhelming flavor to us was beer! I despise beer and that's all I could taste in the cheese soup. Yuck.

LOL - and here I thought the overwhelming flavor was ONIONS!!!!

Funny how one soup can have so many different dominant flavors, huh?

I had the soup just 10 short days ago, and I remember it as tasting mostly of cheese and beer. Btw, I totally disagree with the PP who didn't like their meal. I had the mushroom filet, and it was so good!

I was going to try the soup but now I don't think I will! I don't like beer or onions and the thought of those two together sounds yuck! :eek:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter