Cheers to Friendship A ladies weekend Oct. 12 PTR NEW only 2 days till Disney

We have been having some fun crunching numbers, drafting itineraries, weighing pros & cons of different resorts, making early wake-up calls on airfare day, looking at menus etc.! And park hours haven't even been released yet! :laughing:

I keep forgetting that official park hours haven't been released yet....although I come pretty close with my guestimates![/COLOR]

:rotfl2: you two are right...I guess we really love to plan ;)

I'm here!

:welcome: Glad you made it Cynthia!

Finally getting to join in. Tried last night but the DIS was so pokey that I had to give up and go watch Amazing Race!

Can't wait to hear all about your plans! :thumbsup2

:welcome: The DIS was super pokey the other day! Glad you were finally able to post.

I'm joining in too. Glad to see you girls taking another trip and writing another PTR. :goodvibes

:welcome: Thanks for joining us!!

I'm finally checking in too:wave2:, I'm still having a love hate relationship with my internet:headache:
I'm excited to follow along and see what plans you girls come up with for your trip:goodvibes

:welcome: Hi Jess! We're excited to share our plans!

Oh my goodness, this trip sounds like it's going to be a hoot! Can't wait to hear all about it! Count me in! :goodvibes

:welcome: It's going to be so much fun!!

I'm here for the fun!

:welcome: Glad to have you along for the ride!

Joining in, we overlap by a day :)

:welcome: Yay! We'll have to compare our plans!

Joining in!
Can't wait to read more. :)

:welcome: Glad you made it!!

I'm late (what else is new?), but I'm here. Can't wait to read all about it.

:welcome: Not too late... you made page 2!

Great intros ladies! Wish you were going one weekend later because that's when the East meets West girls arrive, but we'll forgive you! :rotfl:

Looking forward to hearing all about your plans!

Great intros ladies! Wish you were going one weekend later because that's when the East meets West girls arrive, but we'll forgive you! :rotfl:

Looking forward to hearing all about your plans!

:welcome: It's too bad we are going to miss each other! It would have been fun to meet up.

Joining in!!! Sounds like a lot fun.

:welcome: Thanks for reading!

Where to stay...
When we started planning, we considered many options.

A value resort?
6f1598f6.jpg

No… been there, done that.

Maybe even a brand new value resort?
afe8104b.jpg

Fun… but we could do better for what it would cost for a family suite. Regular rooms won’t be ready in time for our trip.

How about a moderate resort? This seems more appropriate for princesses.
d8e7d797.jpg

Some of these accommodations are even royal…
b6172ead.jpg

A better option, but still not quite the right fit.

But when you really think about it, where should three princesses lay their tiaras at night?

Deluxe accommodations of course!
ad4c7deb.jpg

OK so maybe not that deluxe…

Staying within our budget, we realized we could rent points & stay in a DVC studio!

But where? We thought we’d prefer to stay somewhere near one of the parks (BLT, BC or BWV).

924de944.jpg

b1e1768b.jpg

2172467a.jpg

6ad25606.jpg

b0a48d99.jpg

55f57178.jpg

Since we were renting points from the same DVC member that I had used for my family trip in November (his home resort is BWV), I knew we would want to snag a villa at BWV as close to the 11 month window as possible, then see about changing at 7 months if we wanted to. So that’s exactly what we did! We had hoped to get a standard view, but we were a little late for the 11 month window so the only thing available was pool/garden view… which is the same amount of points as a boardwalk view. So we currently have two waitlists: one for standard view and one for boardwalk view. We’d be happy with either. Standard will save us some money & boardwalk will upgrade our view for the same price we are currently paying.

Will we attempt to change resorts at 7 months? As of now, no… We decided we’d rather be in the Epcot area over the MK area. Plus, we would probably be paying more for a villa at BLT with standard view most likely unavailable. What about BCV? None of us are particularly interested in swimming so we figured we’d stay at BWV since those villas are more recently renovated. I love it there and have no problem staying there again!

With accommodations booked, it was time to reserve our chariots.

Up next: Would Southwest be nice to us?

What a fun choice, especially for what I think a big part of your plans will be:goodvibes Can't wait to see if you get to make the view changes you are hoping for

Where to stay...when you really think about it, where should three princesses lay their tiaras at night?

Deluxe accommodations of course!
ad4c7deb.jpg

OK so maybe not that deluxe…

So funny! :laughing:

Of course, you know I love DVC Villas.... Epcot area is PERFECT for a girls weekend!!

Good Luck with airfare! :shamrock::shamrock::shamrock:

Kathy

Since we were renting points from the same DVC member that I had used for my family trip in November

Julie and I kept referring to guy that we are renting points from as "Amy's guy".

"Hey Amy call your guy"
"Amy, what did your guy say?"
"Amy, did your guy get us wait listed?"

Like Amy has a dvc dealer or something! :lmao:

Yeah for the Boardwalk. I so hope I can get bwv at our 7 month window. Fingers crossed.

I'm in!!

Can't wait to see your plans! I'll be there around the same time with my hubby! (Friends would probably be easier but I can't imagine doing the food & wine festival without him at least for the first time!)

Whoo hoo! I just found this one too :) I need to get all caught up on this! Where have I been on the dis all this time? And to think I have been reading these boards since 97' :scared1: Just dropped the kids off at school, and have a bit of free time until I go to work :rolleyes1

I think you made the right call. BLT studios are really tiny I believe so might be a little awkward for 3 anyway.

Julie and I kept referring to guy that we are renting points from as "Amy's guy".

"Hey Amy call your guy"
"Amy, what did your guy say?"
"Amy, did your guy get us wait listed?"

Like Amy has a dvc dealer or something! :lmao:

:lmao:

That is SO funny! I do find it a bit interesting that garden/pool view is the same points as boardwalk. It would seem like it should be a little less. Mary Ellen and I are trying to move our ressie to there at the 7 month mark, we could be there right after you if it works out! I really hope so, very excited.

Yeah for the Boardwalk. I so hope I can get bwv at our 7 month window. Fingers crossed.

What she said.

:rotfl:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter