Cheers to Character Cavalcades, Cocktails and Celebrations! 2/1 3 HUGE ANNOUNCEMENTS!!!

Today was the day we had to pack up, load up the car, and head back to St Pete. But first, we had our last meal of the trip to get to. We had brunch reservations at Homecomin'. Now, we've dined at Homecomin' many times but have never had brunch. And this didn't disappoint. I had my usual, the fried chicken and donuts with a side of the loaded mashed potatoes. Unfortunately, I can't remember what Joe had to eat or drink. This is what I get for waiting so long to finish this up. The good thing is that there's a vlog to accompany this and it will have in it everything I can't remember, lol. We love Homecomin' so much, that we already have it booked for our next trip (which is coming up)... 😁

We did a little shopping after we ate and then made the 75-minute drive back to St Pete. We had one more night in Florida and we were going to spend it with Joe's parents.

F69CF889-5BD4-42EA-B0EB-DCFCA8FFB4BA.jpeg
82257E16-E52E-405A-A1B6-9E971B113CD3.jpegB8FDD3A8-9A80-44CF-AD7F-58DF1B80957E.jpeg

Last edited:
Happy New Year, Jenny!! Geneva is so quaint! Definitely ready for a Hallmark movie shoot, Lol!
Happy New Year Jackie!!!
When is your next trip to WDW?
Are you still doing the virtual and inclass teaching at the same time?
Any word when you can get vaccinated (if you choose).
So many questions!!!!
Geneva was amazing and love how it's so close to home.

Happy New Year Jackie!!!
When is your next trip to WDW?
Are you still doing the virtual and inclass teaching at the same time?
Any word when you can get vaccinated (if you choose).
So many questions!!!!
Geneva was amazing and love how it's so close to home.
Rob and I have a Disney Cruise scheduled for June to celebrate our 15th Anniversary--hopefully we will get to go on it!!! Otherwise, we'll spend Christmas and New Year's at WDW.

Our kids are still e- learning for the next two weeks, sort of a forced quarantine following their Christmas Break. On the 19th, those who elected e-learning will stay home and the rest will return for in-person learning!

Haven't heard anything about vaccines being offered to our teachers, yet, but will definitely be looking into it when/if we are!

So, our last night in St Pete during this trip would not be our last. Joe and I came back for a long weekend in October. We wanted to spend time with family and it was also Gia's birthday, which was so cool to be a part of, especially with everything still going on in the world.

We took another early flight out of Chicago. Yep, I keep doing it to myself. I just never learn...The flight itself was uneventful. Joe and I played some cards and played a little Mahjong on the iPad. We didn't have any luggage to pick up this time (carry on only), and picking up the car was a piece of cake. We did pick up Pumpkin Cream Cold Brew's at the airport Starbucks before getting our rental.

We went back to Thai Star with Joe's parents for lunch and spent a lazy day, pretty much just relaxing.

Next up, Joe and I go to the beach, go on a wine tasting and have a great lunch...

9C2DC6E7-0A8D-4B0B-9DF9-D06099DECA63.jpeg2B79CA2E-1074-43D2-A335-45951D11D838.jpeg81242A24-6FA9-4270-9ABB-96CDF453D0DF.jpeg8CE5EE0C-D4FB-4E84-ACD7-E32E82800AB3.jpegA35E067B-C8AE-430D-92D3-04004F39A7B8.jpeg783D6808-4E6D-42E8-8231-AB38E2F8075E.jpeg4C8E1335-0C2C-4EE2-B63E-AA937E296524.jpeg

Attachments

• A4966227-FE41-413E-BF9C-C277BEC20CF1.jpeg
    A4966227-FE41-413E-BF9C-C277BEC20CF1.jpeg
    56.2 KB · Views: 4
Last edited:

I would love to spend New Year's in Disney. That would be a dream!
It's one of my favorite days to be there! Yes, there are (at least in the past) about a million other people who feel the same way, but if you go in with a plan and expect it to be crowded, you can have an amazing day! We've also done two of the big fancy (stupid expensive!) New Year's Eve parties at the Contemporary, which were SO much fun and definitely worth the crazy price tag.

So nice that you were able to travel to FL for Gia's birthday! I feel like if you are comfortable traveling and can do so safely, there is no need to stay locked up tight at home. Glad you were able to be there!

I hate to admit to this, but I've never been to Homecomin :faint: But your meals looked amazing! Those donuts alone would send me there. ::yes::

Yay! So happy you made it down in October for a weekend trip to St. Pete. "We're never taking another early flight again." One month later, books early flight :laughing: I do the same thing every trip too. The excitement of an early arrival makes me forget the pains of getting up at 3am :rotfl:

OMG you're so close to 1000 subs!!! :hyper::hyper::hyper:

I hate to admit to this, but I've never been to Homecomin :faint: But your meals looked amazing! Those donuts alone would send me there. ::yes::
It's amazing! Plus, Joe and I are suckers for Moonshine, so it works out perfectly.

Enjoyed your visit to Homecomin', it looks another place we need to add to our list. I just have to get DH to stop wanting to go to the same places.
Thank you. Homecomin' is consistently very good.
I can't recommend it enough.

I forgot to mention (that's what happens when you neglect a TR) that Joe and I spent some time at The Vinoy (a historic hotel in downtown St Pete) our first day in town. We sat out back at the patio bar and shared crab cakes and tropical drinks. This was the perfect way to kick off vacation.

Joe and I did what we do best the next day, and that's drink. Yep, we weren't in Disney but the Disney Drinkers showed up and did a bit of wine tasting. This is a place we have passed a million times before but never thought to pop in and check out until now. It was a lovely experience and we tasted a variety of wines and wine slushies and took 3 bottles for the road (well, back to Joe's parents). The experience was free and we paid about $10 for the charcuterie, which was well worth it.

We also spent some time at the beach. It was a beautiful day and the water was very calm.
We also had fun watching the pelicans dive into the water in search of fish.

Next up, lunch at a famously visited Guy Fieri restaurant...

Jenny, I've so enjoyed reading this report from start to finish in one sitting! I've been off the Boards for so long and simply trying my best to read and enjoy! You had some very incredible looking meals and some precious time with friends; I just love that!! Because of you, I booked a time slot at Wine Bar George- been there once and loved it! I'll be there the first week of February if you have a chance to swing down. ;) ;)

Jenny, I've so enjoyed reading this report from start to finish in one sitting! I've been off the Boards for so long and simply trying my best to read and enjoy! You had some very incredible looking meals and some precious time with friends; I just love that!! Because of you, I booked a time slot at Wine Bar George- been there once and loved it! I'll be there the first week of February if you have a chance to swing down. ;) ;)
Thank you, Liesa! We are actually just missing you!!!! We will be there the 13th-18th and then again the 20th -21st. 😘
We actually booked WBG twice that trip!!!!

I didn't realize you all had been to St. Pete recently. What I wouldn't give for some sunshine. We're going to the beach in a few weeks but of course its January. Even if its cold I need some sand between my toes.

How was the wine in Tampa? I didn't realize FL even had wineries. We've done pineapple wine in Hawaii before, so I guess this is just the FL version :confused3 Jen and Joe On the Go will have to visit DC sometime. In addition to all the historic stuff, Virginia has some fantastic wine. We have two decent wineries less than 10 minutes from the house and some really great ones not much further.

Well, colossal bummer! Close and yet... so far. ;)
Well, I hope you have a fabulous time!!!!! 😁

Loving your vlogs and updates. So nice to live vicariously...so longing to go...anywhere...sigh.
Aww! Thank you.

I didn't realize you all had been to St. Pete recently. What I wouldn't give for some sunshine. We're going to the beach in a few weeks but of course its January. Even if its cold I need some sand between my toes.
Nothing wrong with sitting on the beach in January. The water might be cold but you could definitely have a warm, sunny day!!!

How was the wine in Tampa? I didn't realize FL even had wineries. We've done pineapple wine in Hawaii before, so I guess this is just the FL version :confused3 Jen and Joe On the Go will have to visit DC sometime. In addition to all the historic stuff, Virginia has some fantastic wine. We have two decent wineries less than 10 minutes from the house and some really great ones not much further.
It was all sweet (which is my thing) and the prices weren't too bad, so I'd say it was a win!!!

Ted Peters is a smoked fish restaurant in St Pete that Guy Fieri has actually visited during his Diners, Drive-Ins and Dives show. We have been going regularly for a few years now and wanted to share our latest experience. It is on a very busy road, so the atmosphere isn't the greatest and it's cash only. But, the fish is caught fresh daily and smoked to perfection, so that makes it a must-do for us any time we're in St Pete. This time, we shared the smoked fish spread and the smoked Mahi Mahi. Both were very delicious and I believed we cleaned our plates.

DCE8DA80-26FF-4901-8623-92B08AA4739D.jpeg47E8CB24-A977-435B-8C5E-14B35EBC4B34.jpeg49760C4E-FE6C-4A19-ADCB-5AB5B1E81D19.jpegD56053CF-4A7A-46A8-8F14-01B0FAFD7D23.jpeg

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter