Checking into Vistana on Sunday. Any questions?

ttfn3

DIS Veteran
We're heading to Florida tomorrow - and checking into the Vistana Resort on Sunday. We'll be back the first week of August. If you have anything specific you would like me to check out while we're there, let me know. I'll post a report when I return. We're pretty much hanging out at the resort for the week, so we'll have lots of time to participate in the activities and hang out at the pool.

I was interested in how housekeeping works. Is it an extra charge? Do they come everyday. Or are we responsible to was towels etc? I hope that you have a great trip! :wizard:
Tara

Tara - Housekeeping depends on the type of rental. One of our trips was a Skyauction week (RCI rental week). We had housekeeping midway through our week - trash pickup, light cleaning, replenished towels - that kind of stuff. The other times we have rented directly via Sheraton and have had daily maid service (similar to other hotels) - no extra charge - hey, they even load the dishwashers and clean the dishes! We don't take towels to the Vistana. If you need anything extra, just give them a call. We find the pool towels also adequate - you can take as many as you need - saves on the packing!

We have also had great success with the maintenance staff. Last summer we had a couple of small problems - one, we noticed the ice maker wasn't working as soon as we checked in. They brought us over a huge bag of ice immediately and then sent maintenance over later (a couple of hours at the most). I was VERY impressed with the bag of ice (we didn't request one).

Thanks! I'm getting excited!!

'We're heading to Florida tomorrow - and checking into the Vistana Resort on Sunday. We'll be back the first week of August. If you have anything specific you would like me to check out while we're there, let me know. I'll post a report when I return. We're pretty much hanging out at the resort for the week, so we'll have lots of time to participate in the activities and hang out at the pool.'

Did you rent through Skyauction? I would be interested to know if you entered any requests through Diamond Lane and if they were honored? Also which pool did you find the most quiet or the best.

Have a great time ttfn3 ! I'll be there on August 5 :cool1:

Bella, as for the pools, it's tough. Alot of people like/prefer the zero depth entry of the Lakes and Cascades pools. They also have spraying fountains in them which are fun for the kids. The Falls pool has the slide so that can get pretty popular over there and that pool isn't huge or anything. I would suppose the "quietest" pools are the ones least used such as the basic lap pool over by the Courts. We walked past that one many times and never seen more than 3 or 4 people in it. But it's also the most basic, no frills pool on site.

We are staying at Vistana in November. I'm wondering if they will let a guest use one of their computers to print out boarding passes for our flight home. Southwest Airlines lets you check-in online, but you can only do it starting at 12:01 AM on the day of your departure.

kevinm

vistana printed our boarding passes for us at 12:01, they do it all the time, no problem at all.

Thanks luvdisney! You put my mind at ease. I was thinking about bringing my laptop and trying to log on that night! Did you just go down to the front desk and ask if you could get online?

Kevin,
If Vistana is anything like the disney resorts, they log on to the airline site and print it out. All you have to do is ask. I'm assuming Vistana is the same. Good luck.

i would love to know info. on transportation to disney from the resort. how often? how much? how long? thanks.

kevin

I just went to front desk gave them by reservation number, they took it in the back room, and came out with 6 boarding passes.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter