checking in first time DVC

noahandcjsmom

Earning My Ears
Last year we had a travel agent and were not DVC members. Our tickets and everything were sent to us from her.

We have a stay booked for Oct 19th. Do we check-in when we get there and get our park tickets and dining package stuff there during the check in process? We do have our membership cards.

-what will be used for the dining, a seperate card altogether?

-what is used to get into the parks, yet another card?

Thanks!

oh and to add we are doing MNSSHP- what will we get as far as "tickets" go for that?

I have first time jitters.

You need to add the DDP to your reservation and pay now by calling MS. Admission can be purchased at the resort and added to your room key or you can buy a PAP from MS which is currently discounted.

You really need to spend some time checking out the member website where you will find many answers to your membership questions. You can also check in online there 10 days prior to your arrival if you choose to do so.

:earsboy: Bill

we already bought the DDP and the tickets to the parks. I just wasnt sure if they were loaded all onto one card or seperate cards for each?

Thanks.

Last year we had a travel agent and were not DVC members. Our tickets and everything were sent to us from her.

We have a stay booked for Oct 19th. Do we check-in when we get there and get our park tickets and dining package stuff there during the check in process? We do have our membership cards.

-what will be used for the dining, a seperate card altogether?

-what is used to get into the parks, yet another card?

Thanks!

oh and to add we are doing MNSSHP- what will we get as far as "tickets" go for that?

I have first time jitters.

If you want the dining plan you need to purchase it, I think, at least two days before your arrival.

You will get a KTTW card and you can purchase your tickets when you check in.

Another option from the dining plan is to purchase (for $100) a Tables in Wonderland card. It gives you twenty percent off most restaurants.

Are you staying in a one or two bedroom? You may want to do a grocery order and take advantage of the kitchen. We always bring coffee and order creamer and other breakfast items. You can either order from Disney or from another establishment like Garden Grocer.

Good to have your membership cards. You will need them to take advantage of any perks like that TIW card.

Have fun and welcome home!

we already bought the DDP and the tickets to the parks. I just wasnt sure if they were loaded all onto one card or seperate cards for each?

Thanks.
If you have already purchased these they can be loaded onto your KTTK (room) cards. Enjoy! and Welcome Home! :beach:

The KTTW cards will have your tickets and dining loaded on it. Unless your purchasing an annual pass or something not tied to your stay in which case then you get a separate ticket for that.

Your MNSSHP tickets will be separate tickets that you can pick up with your will call number before the party.

Your DVC member card is still good to carry around though you can get some discounts with it at a few places.

I'm surprised to hear your travel agent sent you both tickets and something for the dining plan last year. To my knowledge with Disney packages that is always put on your KTTW card but it's been years and years since I booked a disney package that had the dining plan.

Anyway - that is what will happen when you check in. Your room key (Key to the World or KTTW) will open your room, have your tickets loaded on it and also the dining plan credits. If you place a credit card onto your room it will also allow you charging privileges in the parks and around the resorts.

DVC doesn't sell tickets over the phone. You'll probably have to purchase those at the resort. Same with the Halloween party tickets.

For the dining plan, you should have already paid for that through Member Services. If you didn't, it's not on your reservation, so call them tomorrow. You have to add it at least 48 hours ahead of time. Your credits will be on your KTTW. You can add your tickets to your KTTW, too. The Halloween party tickets can't be added.

DVC won't send you anything unless you have Magical Express reserved. You'll get your reservation via e-mail.

DVC doesn't sell tickets over the phone. You'll probably have to purchase those at the resort. Same with the Halloween party tickets.

For the dining plan, you should have already paid for that through Member Services. If you didn't, it's not on your reservation, so call them tomorrow. You have to add it at least 48 hours ahead of time. Your credits will be on your KTTW. You can add your tickets to your KTTW, too. The Halloween party tickets can't be added.

DVC won't send you anything unless you have Magical Express reserved. You'll get your reservation via e-mail.

Hmmm....pretty sure we bought tickets to the MNNSHP and we have an AP so I am guessing we will get those when we get there. We already have the dining plan purchased and we recieved the ME. I am just going to call member services, thanks everyone.

Hmmm....pretty sure we bought tickets to the MNNSHP and we have an AP so I am guessing we will get those when we get there. We already have the dining plan purchased and we recieved the ME. I am just going to call member services, thanks everyone.

Do you already have an AP in hand or did you buy a voucher? If you don't already have it, you will have to go to any Guest Service location at the parks or DtD (the resorts can not issue APs) to pick up your AP. And you will not be able to put it in our KTTW card, so plan to carry a separate ticket. Your dining plan will already be loaded onto your KTTW card. MNSSHP tickets are a separate ticket, as well. Have fun!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter