Check Last Post On Passing Food**i'm Leaving Some Stuff For Anyone Who Wants It

What a great idea. We will be at VWL in a few weeks. We will check the laundry room before we go shopping and we will visit the laundry room when we check out! I absolutly HATE waste.

I could see the "laundry room drop off point" working better than trying to coordinte pick up or delivery for someone. We usually leave our leftovers for mousekeeping to decide if they want it or not. Don't know what they do with stuff they don't want. Maybe give it to other mousekeepers? Maybe I'll try the laundry room drop off next time.

I THINK THIS IS A PLAN. EVERYONE SHOULD CHECK THE LAUNDRY ROOM FOR SUPPLIES AND DROP SUPPLIES THERE AS WELL. MAYBE I WILL POST A NOTE AT THE OKW LAUNDRY ROOMS WHEN I AM THERE NEXT WEEK. THE ONLY TROUBLE MIGHT BE IN REMEMBERING TO CHECK THE LAUNDRY ROOM IF YOU HAVE MACHINES IN YOUR VILLA.

I THINK WE WILL HAVE TO MAKE A CONSCIENCE DECISION TO ALWAYS DROP OFF IN THE LAUNDRY ROOM AND CHECK THERE FOR SUPPLIES.

MARYLYN (DVC SINCE 1992)

I just wonder if when the laundry room is cleaned that someone will pitch it, despite the note. I can't imagine DVC wanting things to pile up. But I think it is a great idea too. I hope it works. Perhaps we can get some kind of approval from Mgt, and have members check on it from time to time.

We were kind of worried about it being an eyesore and housekeeping getting rid of it. But then I thought that maybe they don't clean it until after all the rooms are clean and ready for people to move into-like maybe they clean it in the evening. So if people checked it as soon as they arrived and didn't put stuff in it until the morning, it may work. While at VWL in 3 WEEKS!!! we will check out the situation. I will post while there.

You may also want to think twice about leaving extra unopened alcohol in the laundry room too! I know there are lots of teens that would be thrilled if they found it, but I don't think their parents would be too thrilled !

Originally posted by karebear1
You may also want to think twice about leaving extra unopened alcohol in the laundry room too! I know there are lots of teens that would be thrilled if they found it, but I don't think their parents would be too thrilled !

Good thinking! Nix the alcohol!

I just changed the subject from "Food Pass Along" to "Passing Food Along" which is more gramatically acceptable. I also wanted to bump this so as many members as possible can see it.

I love passing unopened supplies along. I always have extra items like zip lock bags and other non food items as well. We have caught people as they've gone down the hall and we were heading out. My favorite was the 21st birthday guy across the hall. We gave our unopened beer to the parents - you should have seen the sons face - priceless. "Uh YEAH YEAH I'll take it!" His parents were too funny.

Why don't you make arrangements with the other member ahead of time and then just box the items and leave it for the other member (properly labeled) at the curb storage area where they keep the luggage.
This would only be good for items that would not have to be refrigerated.

This is a great idea. I always wanted to leave unattended packages, especially those containing a white powdery substance, in public areas. :hyper:

It IS a great idea....but maybe we need to examine the execution a little. :cool2:

-Joe

Hey, how about if we have leftover herbs, like thyme or oregano, leave it in ziploc sandwich bags, just so it'll look really interesting. ;)

Seriously, detergent and unopened soda would be great (since I've already done it).

I didn't say to leave them unattended. You leave a properly addressed package with the staff to hold it in the baggage area.
I guess everyone is getting paranoid with terrorist. It seems to be working for some folks and that is exactly what they are hoping to do

Okay, no laundry room right? Is that what I'mreading. nOw we should give it to the baggage room cm?? I am just worried Disney will nix the idea because of some sort of liabilty or extra work for the cms. I think the laundry room in a box or a bag is the easiest. Why make this hard. If you have something to leave just leave it!

Originally posted by icy-dog
Okay, no laundry room right? Is that what I'mreading. nOw we should give it to the baggage room cm?? I am just worried Disney will nix the idea because of some sort of liabilty or extra work for the cms. I think the laundry room in a box or a bag is the easiest. Why make this hard. If you have something to leave just leave it!

I'm with you icy-dog. Will be there in 2 weeks and check out the situation.:wave:

i'll be checking into ssr for 12 days on nov 30.leave it at the front desk for me(daddiojiggy).i'll ask if there are any packages for me when i get there.thanks in advance!!:sunny: :sunny: :sunny:

I started this thread and feel an obligation to do my share not to waste supplies.

Okay, I am leaving OKW early tomorrow morning and I have a half gallon of 1% milk unopened, a roll of soft toilet paper, bananas and apples a salad ordered from Olivias take out but never opened or touched and salad dressing. We usually have loads more but ate out most meals this trip. If anyone can use these supplies that I will just have to leave or throw out let me know by tonight. I am in room 2732 and my name is Marylyn.

PS if you get the voice mail it means we are on lijne so just leave a message.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter