Check in times

buttercup1982

DIS Veteran
I know this has probably been asked before but couldn't find it. Were staying in NBC and we should arrive at 11.30 in the morning. I was just wondering if we can check in then. I know they will probably say the room won't be ready till after 3 but I just wondered if we could check in early to save the hustle and bustle at 3??

You can check in to the onsite hotels at any time, to get your park tickets, meal vouchers etc. If your room is ready, you'll get your room key too. If your room isn't ready, you can still leave your luggage at your hotel, and then go back later (even at the end of your park day) to collect your room key at reception.

Elaine beat me to it :thumbsup2 Yep, you can check in any time which is good, obviously as Elaine says, your room probably won't be ready but you can head off the parks if you like :goodvibes

Will your room be allocated to you at this time? I was going to ask if they had one in the main building when checking in but DH said if we go back about 7 we may end up with one at the back of the hotel! :rotfl2:

I believe you are allocated your room before arrival. I was told last year that they normally allocate rooms about a week or so before arrival - this was at the DLH but I'm sure it will be the same for all Disney hotels.

I think Patsy is right too, in normal circumstances, your room number is already allocated before your arrival date.

You know, theres nothing to stop you calling the hotel and asking them for a room to your liking (ie near reception, on a high floor etc). I always get confused about the NBC - is the lakeside the back of the hotel or the front? I always thought it was the back, as the buses, car park and the main entrance are at the other side :confused3?

Anyway, if you do want to call them, the onsite hotel phone numbers are all in our very useful information sticky, under "booking and contact information".

Aww hopefully not Buttercup - will keep my fingers crossed!

I did email the DLH ages ago asking if they could give us connecting rooms and I never heard back. So, I must remember to re-email 10 days or so before we go. Although I realise they allocate much nearer to the trip, it would have been nice to have a reply at least! :rolleyes1 I think I'm going to push my luck and ask if we can have a room with a partial view of the park or even over Fantasia Gardens - I know we won't get much of a park view as they are reserved for the CC but it's worth a try :thumbsup2

You can check in and get your park tickets at any time but generally the room is not available until 3pm.

However, if you are getting there earlier, email the hotel a couple of days before you arrive and request that you can use the room before 3pm - in my experience they have been accomodating except where the previous occupant has requested a late departure.

Regards

When we checked into DLH 2 weeks ago we were given the choice of where in the hotel we would like our room to be. Made me think that for July the hotel must be pretty quiet:rolleyes1

When we checked into DLH 2 weeks ago we were given the choice of where in the hotel we would like our room to be. Made me think that for July the hotel must be pretty quiet:rolleyes1

That is interesting Fiona! I think though because we require connecting rooms, that it will narrow down our choices somewhat :confused3 Last time, we had rooms on the ground floor - never did quite work out where they were but were miles from reception and a fair hike from the restaurant etc. We did have a patio area but it didn't overlook anywhere exciting at all! We did however have a door at the end of the corridor into the entrance to the Park so that was OK :rotfl:

We checked in at 8.30am to get our park tickets and half board vouchers so that we had a full day in the park. Went back about 4 to get our room key and unload the car, have a doze and then went back out for dinner and Fantilusion.

Just phoned up and they said you have to ask when you check in :confused3 Oh well will just give it a try! :goodvibes

Did you ring the hotel or Disney? if its Disney then they don't do the room allocations its the hotel.

If you ring you'll probably get a call centre and get fobbed off. You need to contact the hotel direct - they will review the room allocation and may be able to help.

We phoned Newport Bay last weekend to ask for a room with bunk beds if they could and were told they couldnt guarantee it (which we knew)
When we checked in we didnt mention it again but when we got to the room found it had bunkbeds so its worth phoneing to request a particular room but be aware its not guaranteed

Can I be cheeky small world and ask what room number you stayed in , we too would prefer bunk beds but didnt think they did them , would be good to have a room number to request ( was the room okay and is it admirals ?)
thanks you

Can I be cheeky small world and ask what room number you stayed in , we too would prefer bunk beds but didnt think they did them , would be good to have a room number to request ( was the room okay and is it admirals ?)
thanks you

We are in room 6197 - posting from it now - and we are really happy with it. Its next to the lift but we've not been disturbed by them at all. and yes it is admirals floor

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter