check in is at 4pm we arrive at 11am what to do?

Mrs.viv07

DIS Veteran
what can we do to kill time? i can't see goint to the MK with all the luggage, should we change our flight? what did you guys do? :confused3

Check in when you arrive. If your room isnt ready just leave your luggage and explore the resort or go to the parks

I'm assuming you are not doing the Magical Express since then you wouldn't have to worry about luggage at all. But either way, you can leave your luggage at the hotel, they have a storage area and give you a number tag to come back and reclaim your bags. You also could get lucky and the room will be ready when you check in or shortly after. We always get there in the morning, usually around 11, and I think everytime our room was ready to go. Then use that time to explore the resort, grab some lunch, or maybe even hit up downtown Disney if you want to wait for the parks until you are settled in. No matter what you will have a great time, don't try and change your flights, more time in Disney no matter how it is spent is better!!!

It doesn't matter what time it is go to the front desk and register. Most likely your room is not ready yet but if it is bonus points for you! Go to your room and get comfy!

If your room is not ready (and most likely it won't be) the hotel should be able to store your luggage for you. Some places you give it to the front desk person and others have a seperate bell service or storage area where you drop it off. They should tell you when you drop it off if you have to come back and pick it if or if it will be delieverd to your room once your room is ready.

Once you have gotton rid of all your extra luggage etc. If you don't want to burn a day on your pass then Go have non park fun! check out all the cool things at the resort, go for a swim in the pool, go to another resort for lunch, go play put put, or go to downtown disney for plenty of things to do food, shopping, a movies, or even disney quest (video games).

Depending on how much traveling you had to do and how tired you (and the kids?) are, going ahead and going to a park may not be a bad idea. Extra park day are not that much more expensive on the longer tickets, and if you head to say epcot that is always open till at least 9pm you are still getting plent of "time" for your days ticket. ]

No matter what HAVE FUN!
:wizard:

The first year we just check in and left our luggage in storage and walk around the hotel. Stop by the gifts shops and grab a snack. Now we schedule our flight to give us enough time to catch a bus to Downtown Disney so we can just relax especially with children and leave the parks for the rest of our vacation.

we wre planning on doing the magic express, where they pick us up at the airport and take to the hotel how would this affect anything, i thouht it all depepnded on your flight?

You can still check-in at the resort. Just check-in, see if the room's ready. If yes, go to the room and relax, or whatever. If no, you can still do whatever you want.

We always get to disney by 11am...I would check in then grab table near pool have lunch after I go back to valet station and ask if i could get something from my suitecase they would bring to the storage location and i get mine & everyone bathsuite which i pack on top for this reason and we go swimming and use the resorts towels...with magical exp I pack bathsuite & swimmies in hang on...then every hour or so i go to the resort phones and check to see if our room is ready.

Mrs.viv07 said:
we wre planning on doing the magic express, where they pick us up at the airport and take to the hotel how would this affect anything, i thouht it all depepnded on your flight?

Once you've got the luggage checked and stored, you could do a character meal such as Chef Mickey's at the Contemporary to see Mickey and friends if you are not looking to use a park pass for your arrival day. Someone's also mentioned the resort pool which would be good by itself, or after a character meal.

I cna't wait to get to the parkds so we alwys checkin early. Even before the ME the delivered our luggage to our rooms.

MKOATEYW said:
It doesn't matter what time it is go to the front desk and register. Most likely your room is not ready yet but if it is bonus points for you! Go to your room and get comfy!

If your room is not ready (and most likely it won't be) the hotel should be able to store your luggage for you. Some places you give it to the front desk person and others have a seperate bell service or storage area where you drop it off. They should tell you when you drop it off if you have to come back and pick it if or if it will be delieverd to your room once your room is ready.

Once you have gotton rid of all your extra luggage etc. If you don't want to burn a day on your pass then Go have non park fun! check out all the cool things at the resort, go for a swim in the pool, go to another resort for lunch, go play put put, or go to downtown disney for plenty of things to do food, shopping, a movies, or even disney quest (video games).

Depending on how much traveling you had to do and how tired you (and the kids?) are, going ahead and going to a park may not be a bad idea. Extra park day are not that much more expensive on the longer tickets, and if you head to say epcot that is always open till at least 9pm you are still getting plent of "time" for your days ticket. ]

No matter what HAVE FUN!
:wizard:

I remember when Disney would "comp" you in for the late afternoon or evening. Now, not so much.
:guilty:

I think it depends what time of year you are going. Our room has always been ready for us when we checked in. Maybe we just have gotten some pixie dust :wizard:

Mrs.viv07 said:

But if you do the ME then you won't have your main luggage to haul around only your carry on since they bring the rest of it to your room later.

We arrived at POP a bit before noon last Wednesday and our room was ready for us (6234). We changed, and dashed out to MK. When we returned, our luggage was there. How nice not to have to lug it there ourselves!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter