Check in here if you won a OMDD trip! UPDATE: We HAVE 16 (+1) Winners!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
According to my understanding, it's per person. So you and DH should both be able to enter.

So this vacation package is for 4 people. What if I have 5 in my family? Do they typically have a provision so that you could pay for the 5th person to come along?? I'd hate to have to pick which one of my kids had to stay home :rotfl2: Just kidding!:yay:

So this vacation package is for 4 people. What if I have 5 in my family? Do they typically have a provision so that you could pay for the 5th person to come along?? I'd hate to have to pick which one of my kids had to stay home :rotfl2: Just kidding!:yay:

I was wondering the same thing?

OK, not a big sweepstakes entry person I have a question. I've read the rules but I'm stil confused. ;)

Can DH and I both enter? It says one entry per person/cell/address not household so I'm thinking yes.

Not that I'm expecting to win, we never do hence why I don't bother entering but I'll give this one a go.

I was a little unclear on that also. But when it said address, it was referring to email address. I think that each person can enter with EITHER the text or website once per day. So I think my DH could also enter. I think I read it's age 18+ to enter, so people can't use all their kids to enter.

I was wondering the same thing?

I figured I'd cross that bridge when I got to it.

But just think about how fun it would be to have your OWN family sweepstakes! OK.... time for room inspection......... cleanest room gets to go to Disney! Or maybe the kid who does the most for mom in a given day gets to go......... the possibilities are ENDLESS! :rotfl2:

how do you text as I am having all kinds of trouble trying to enter. thanks

I figured I'd cross that bridge when I got to it.

But just think about how fun it would be to have your OWN family sweepstakes! OK.... time for room inspection......... cleanest room gets to go to Disney! Or maybe the kid who does the most for mom in a given day gets to go......... the possibilities are ENDLESS! :rotfl2:

I'm in this same boat and told my kids maybe we'd have our own little Survivor type game. :lmao:

I'm wondering the same thing. The DLR rooms all sleep 5 so I would hope we could just pay airfare & ticket for one of the kids. If not the prize is pretty pointless for us because that's not a trip I'd take with only part of the family. :(

The taxes would be $2000 on a ~$6000 prize? I have never won anything major but 33% seems very high!

The website says: "hotel accommodations (one standard room/quad occupancy, including room tax)" There should not be any tax on the gift card portion so at most you may have to pay tax on the park tickets and airfare.

The website says: "hotel accommodations (one standard room/quad occupancy, including room tax)" There should not be any tax on the gift card portion so at most you may have to pay tax on the park tickets and airfare.

Thanks, I was just trying to read through the official rules. I also read that for sweepstakes trips you usually pay the tax on items like airline tickets at the time. But there should be tax on the GC as that would be looked at as a cash prize.

I found this rule for the contest to be a bit puzzeling....

"Each Canadian resident who is a potential winner will be required to answer correctly a mathematical skill testing question without assistance of any kind whether mechanical or otherwise to be declared a winner and be eligible to collect a prize."

What gives with that? We let stupid Americans do anything they want. :rolleyes:

I wonder if the web site will even let anyone know when the winners are picked?

I say just like all other contests you see run you never know who wins or know someone that did win.

I think most of these things are scams. Companies give them away, but to people they want to win.

You find out that some family that has never been to disney won but could never afford to go since they are on welfare.

A family were the father died while serving in the military.

Total fix

"Each Canadian resident who is a potential winner will be required to answer correctly a mathematical skill testing question without assistance of any kind whether mechanical or otherwise to be declared a winner and be eligible to collect a prize."

Nice. By the way, you might want to introduce yourself to a spell-checker before you call people stupid.

It's the law in Canada. Has nothing do with letting "stupid Americans do anything they want." Simply a Canadian law.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter