check cashing

dvc_john

DVC since 1993
I seem to recall at one time DVC members staying at DVC resorts had a check cashing privilege. I've never done that, but it would be handy for an upcoming extended trip in January.

Has anyone cashed checks at their DVC resort, or does anyone know if this privilege exists!

I have only cashed a check once about 2 years ago when I was staying at OKW. There was a limit and it was quite low, I think it was $50.00 but don't quote me on this.

I haven't done the check cashing at a DVC resort. In the past I have at other WDW resorts. Then it was a $50 limit. What the current policy is now I have no idea. I would suggest travelers checks. You can cash them basically anywhere and get the change.

John, if you don't wish to use an ATM or credit cards, I'd recommend bringing traveler's checks. They're freely accepted throughout WDW and can easily be cashed at your DVC resort.

Thanks...
I usually put everything I can on a credit card, but sometimes you
just want to have cash. And I really hate those outrageous ATM fees when using a 'foreign' ATM (fees charged by both my bank and the ATM owner bank). But the traveler's checks is probably a good idea as I can get them free from my bank.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter