Cheapness In Seattle (A 2019 PNW Trip Report - 2020 update added on 6/25

Wow!! That water is amazing! Doesn't even look real!!

It was hard getting used to seeing water that color!

That looked so good!! As did all the food! I love that show (Diners :) and would go anywhere he recommends!

I wouldn't do everything, but that's more a matter of personal taste than not trusting the places he visits.

Much better views today! Drew makes quite a cute Ranger! Love the hat!

That was pretty cool of the Ranger.

That meal looks very balanced....definitely approved!

Best salad I've ever had!

I think you'd enjoy them. Good, clean family-friendly and funny.

I'm sure I would. It's getting to the point where there are so many TV shows, it's impossible to keep up with them all.

...unless you're trying to get to DHS for a Boarding Group. Then all bets are off.

Then it's whatever food I can cram into my pockets at the butt crack of dawn.

He'll be a PNW'er in no time!

Spend a lot of time on slugs, do you?

Phew! (or should that be pew?) I thought was the only one that did that.

It's more of a problem as I get older.

That actually sounds good right now. But I'm getting so fat sitting around at home I have to go back to eating rabbit food for a while.

One thing the quarantine has been good for is that I'm getting more exercise than I have in years.

What did it do to offend you?

Made me go on a dam hike around it.

Welcome to your regularly scheduled bad accident on I-5.

If they were regularly scheduled, I could avoid them!

I'm sure I would. It's getting to the point where there are so many TV shows, it's impossible to keep up with them all.

Yeah... I get that. And generally I stay off, because I have so many other things that keep my occupied.
Then it's whatever food I can cram into my pockets at the butt crack of dawn.

Thought so.

Spend a lot of time on slugs, do you?

Only when I'm not on my broom.

It's more of a problem as I get older.

This, too, I understand.

One thing the quarantine has been good for is that I'm getting more exercise than I have in years.

I should be too, but... the couch calls the forelorn. .
Made me go on a dam hike around it.

That'd do it.

If they were regularly scheduled, I could avoid them!
Regularly scheduled at random times. :rolleyes1

I've been thinking about things like this more since the quarantine started. There are a lot of little things we all take for granted.
So true.
It blasts right through the park!
so do I! Depending on what I've eaten.
I guess erosion will do that.
Um... that's the opposite of what erosion does!
Keep at it. I have faith in you.
You do? So that makes two people. You and my mom.
And I'm not so sure my mom isn't just saying what I want to hear.
It could. That's a different shade of green.
That's a Disney hotel.
It was cool of the ranger to do that.
::yes::
I doubt we saved any time, but I always prefer to at least moving.
Me too.
I think it works best with a Texan accent.
Ah! Do I have to lean up against a steer when I do?
Hey, I was guaranteed to be back in summer 2020! What could go wrong?
Nothing that I can see.

Yeah... I get that. And generally I stay off, because I have so many other things that keep my occupied.

SInce I started riding a stationary bike more, it gives me an excuse to binge some TV shows. So I've got that going for me, which is nice.

Only when I'm not on my broom.

That's fair.

I should be too, but... the couch calls the forelorn. .

That bike helps! Then I at least have an excuse to be sitting there, watching TV.

Regularly scheduled at random times.

That's...not helpful.

so do I! Depending on what I've eaten.

:rotfl2: Taco Bell, I'm sure.

Um... that's the opposite of what erosion does!

Hmm...Good point. That'll teach me to make lazy comments on geology.

You do? So that makes two people. You and my mom.
And I'm not so sure my mom isn't just saying what I want to hear.

Actually, I was, too.

That's a Disney hotel.

Yes. Yes, it is. One I'll never stay in.

Ah! Do I have to lean up against a steer when I do?

It would make it so much better!

Nothing that I can see.

I see what you did there.

Chapter 12: Take Two

After rearranging our vacation plans, we were down to our last full day of the trip. And instead of touring Vancouver, we left Puyallup and headed once more towards Mount Rainier National Park. The skies were clear and sunny, so that had us feeling optimistic as we left the hotel.

We re-traced our steps from 3 days earlier and entered the park, still trying to beat crowds up to the Paradise Visitor Center. We did make a stop along the way to see Christine Falls, which was a nice little waterfall running under the road.

We made it all the way up the hill to Paradise, and promptly drove right past it. We went just a bit further down the road back to Reflection Lake, where we had captured this lovely photo 3 days earlier:

We took this photo at the same parking lot. What a difference 3 days can make.

We tried to do some family shots as well.

Shot composition is critical in an environment like this. It’s critical if you want to frame the subject in just the right way to get that perfect shot.

Quality art achieved, we drove back to Paradise and easily secured a spot without having to worry about crowds. I can’t recall what time we were there, but we were well ahead of the visitor center opening hours once again. The parking lot was full by late morning and people were inventing all sorts of parking spaced down the road.

We hopped right out of the car and went for a hike. At the parking lot, which is the start of many of the hiking trails through the alpine meadows, Mount Rainier looms large in the background.

There were wildflowers everywhere we looked. Beautiful pops of color graced the fields. You can see why everyone flocks to the mountain during the summer months—it’s the best time of the year to be up there.

We hiked to the Nisqually Vista, from which we could see the Nisqually Glacier on the southern slope of Rainier, which melts to form the Nisqually River. By that point in the trip, we’d seen plenty of glaciers, so I can’t say that this particular view revealed anything new to us. But the mountain sure was impressive.

Mount Rainier is 14,410 feet in elevation (4,392 m) and is still considered an active volcano, even though it last erupted sometime between 1820 and 1854. You can still see steam escaping from vents on top of the mountain, a telltale sign of volcanic activity under the surface. Rainier is considered a dangerous volcano in that if it erupted, the large amounts of glacial ice on the slopes could cause huge mudslides that would engulf anything in their paths.

But everything seemed perfectly calm and peaceful while we were there. With the clear skies, meadows full of wildflowers, and gorgeous alpine backdrop, you might have been forgiven if you’d thought it looked like something out of The Sound of Music.

We finished our hike and ate the last of our PB&J supplies at a picnic bench by the visitor center. By the way, is that great vacation planning or what? With all lunch supplied used up on the last day, we didn’t have to worry about trying to pack some leftover food to take home or throw out perfectly good supplies. I wish it worked out that way every year.

We were glad we’d rearranged our plans to see Mount Rainier. It would have felt like a giant hole in our resume if we’d been all the way out to Washington and failed to see it.

As far as Vancouver goes, well, who knows if we’ll actually get there at all now? Fingers still crossed. But I have a feeling I may be canceling my cruise soon. If it’s not canceled for me.

Continued Next Post...

We drove back to civilization (which takes a good 2 hours from Rainier) and made our way to the airport, where we found our hotel nearby. We checked in and relaxed a bit in our room. Then we left to go get some early dinner.

We ended up at a local chain called the Ram Brewery. I found it to be above average, and a nice place for a meal. It had a pretty sizeable menu, too. I was tired of sandwiches at this point, so I had a bowl of mac-and-cheese with bacon and chicken mixed in. So basically I was ordering off the kids menu.

But it was tasty.

My lasting regret from eating at this restaurant was not buying this t-shirt, which played off the name of one of their in-house beers.

Julie discouraged this purchase for some reason. Ah, well. Maybe next time.

For all intents and purposes*, vacation was now over. We tried to give the kids one more bit of fun by offering them a choice for the evening activity.

*--It’s never “intensive purposes”, which drives me nuts when people write that instead. No one’s purposes are ever intensive. Or maybe they are, but no one describes them that way. Same with “I could care less.” That means you do care. It’s “I couldn’t care less.” Sheesh.

They could either go see Toy Story 4 at the movie theater next door, or we could drive back to the hotel and go to the pool.

All 3 big kids voted for the movie. Drew voted for the pool.

We did the pool. This served to reinforce the theory in the other kids’ minds that the youngest child is always spoiled.

And hey, I get it. I was the oldest kid, so I watched my younger brothers get spoiled rotten. But as a parent, you also have to gauge the reaction in a situation, and it was clear that once the pool was an option, Drew was refusing to consider anything else. So we factored into the equation that the older kids would be much more subdued in handling disappointment than the 5-year-old. It’s less about spoiling the youngest kid than it is about preserving the parents’ sanity.

But yes, the youngest is always spoiled.

The next day, we flew home. Nothing worth writing about except for the nice view of Mt. Rainier as we bid the Pacific Northwest adieu.

That night, we filled in states 48 and 49 on the family map. All that was left was to conquer Alaska…coming in summer 2020.

Regarding this summer, there are many people suffering greatly from this virus pandemic. People are dying. Even if they’re well, they may be losing their jobs or taking severe pay cuts. It’s brutal out there. So for me to complain about missing out on a cruise is the very definition of first-world problems. We have our jobs and our health, so we are blessed.

But I’ll admit, if we can’t finish the 50 States quest, it’s gonna hurt a bit.

There’s no use whining, though. It’s all out of our control. And like I said there are a lot of people who have much bigger things to worry about.

Anyway, we’ll see what the future holds. Thanks for reading along.

Coming Up Next: if I can get the photos uploaded, we’ll do a mini-TR on a long weekend at Universal Studios Orlando.

Mark - Enjoyed following along with your family adventure. So glad you had success on your return trip to Mt. Rainier.

I'm holding out hope for your family to still cruise (if you all still want to) this summer. If not, I know you will plan for another time.

we left Puyallup and headed once more towards Mount Rainier National Park.
Second time's the charm?
We did make a stop along the way to see Christine Falls, which was a nice little waterfall running under the road.

I'll agree with that. Nice little waterfall! :)
Stunning photo!
Photo of a stunned one?
:lmao:
Man, that's pretty!
We hiked to the Nisqually Vista, from which we could see the Nisqually Glacier on the southern slope of Rainier, which melts to form the Nisqually River. By that point in the trip, we’d seen plenty of glaciers, so I can’t say that this particular view revealed anything new to us.
Seen one glacier you've seen 'em all? I bet you get ice out of the freezer and compare it. And also say "meh".
Mount Rainier is 14,410 feet in elevation (4,392 m) and is still considered an active volcano, even though it last erupted sometime between 1820 and 1854.
So it's due, then... yikes.
Rainier is considered a dangerous volcano in that if it erupted, the large amounts of glacial ice on the slopes could cause huge mudslides that would engulf anything in their paths.
That paints a fairly frightening picture.
Love this shot! :love:
ate the last of our PB&J
Yuss...
By the way, is that great vacation planning or what? With all lunch supplied used up on the last day, we didn’t have to worry about trying to pack some leftover food to take home or throw out perfectly good supplies. I wish it worked out that way every year.
Not bad! Pretty impressive, actually.
But I have a feeling I may be canceling my cruise soon. If it’s not canceled for me.
Yeah... it's not looking too good at the moment, is it.
But that looks pretty good. ::yes::
My lasting regret from eating at this restaurant was not buying this t-shirt, which played off the name of one of their in-house beers.

Dude. What is wrong with you???
Julie discouraged this purchase for some reason. Ah, well. Maybe next time.
Why? She could've just stood on the other side.
*--It’s never “intensive purposes”, which drives me nuts when people write that instead. No one’s purposes are ever intensive.
There's the story of the biologists who set up camp near the shoreline to research human/wild dolphin interactions.
Whenever they'd break for lunch, they'd repair to their tents for a bit before eating. Then they'd usually throw some scraps to the ever hungry dolphins.
Finally, the cook would just ring the dinner bell and announce "Dinner! For all in tents and porpoises!"

We did the pool.
:laughing:
So not surprised.
This served to reinforce the theory in the other kids’ minds that the youngest child is always spoiled.
And they're right.
So we factored into the equation that the older kids would be much more subdued in handling disappointment than the 5-year-old. It’s less about spoiling the youngest kid than it is about preserving the parents’ sanity.
::yes::
All that was left was to conquer Alaska…coming in summer 2020.
Fingers crossed, but...
Regarding this summer, there are many people suffering greatly from this virus pandemic. People are dying. Even if they’re well, they may be losing their jobs or taking severe pay cuts. It’s brutal out there. So for me to complain about missing out on a cruise is the very definition of first-world problems. We have our jobs and our health, so we are blessed.

Just because there's suffering elsewhere, does not negate your own personal tragedies.
I totally get if you have to cancel, you won't be happy with that.

Hey Mark, I've been away from the boards a while, as you know.
Just wanted to let you know I finally made my way back here and read your last few updates.
I enjoyed the distraction from what has become real-life these days.
I've never been in the Pacific Northwest, and may never get there, but it was great reading about.
I wish you the best in your travel quest, whether it's this summer or not. If not, hopefully it can somehow work out for you another time. It would definitely be satisfying to finish what you started.

Mark - Enjoyed following along with your family adventure. So glad you had success on your return trip to Mt. Rainier.

Thank you, Jen!

I think it was worth rearranging the plan in order to get there.

I'm holding out hope for your family to still cruise (if you all still want to) this summer. If not, I know you will plan for another time.

Thanks! At this point, I feel like the cruise is most likely a lost cause. The only real question is if I cancel it and have my deposit stuck as a credit for a future cruise or if they cancel it and I get my money back. I'm still holding out hope to rescue the land portion of the trip. I'd probably feel better about flying in 3 months than cruising.

Second time's the charm?

That was the hope! It did help to be able to see the weather forecast when planning this time around.

I'll agree with that. Nice little waterfall!

:thumbsup2

Waterfalls are more interesting to me than glaciers. Probably because they move faster.

Stunning photo!

Thanks! We were glad we decided to revisit that spot.

Photo of a stunned one?

:laughing: He loves to mess up his mom's perfect shots. It's what boys do.

Man, that's pretty!

I was really glad we got to see the wildflowers in all their glory. At Glacier NP, too.

Seen one glacier you've seen 'em all? I bet you get ice out of the freezer and compare it. And also say "meh".

And then I put it down the back of the kids' shirts.

So it's due, then... yikes.

Could be. It's part of the "Ring of Fire" volcanoes, like Mt. St. Helens.

That paints a fairly frightening picture.

We don't normally think of landslides as being the worst danger of an eruption, but I know that was a significant piece of the St. Helens eruption in 1980.

Love this shot!

Thanks! We had fun with that one.

Not bad! Pretty impressive, actually.

Julie is not one to waste money, so we've had to work hard to pack PB or pop tarts for the ride home before.

Yeah... it's not looking too good at the moment, is it.

The Canadian ports are closed until July 1. So that would mean my cruise would be one of the first few sailings after the opening. But even if it does open, do I really want to be the first guy on a cruise ship this summer?

On the other hand, you could make the argument that we might have the ship to ourselves and it will have been bleached to within an inch of its life.

But that looks pretty good.

It was good. I didn't have any regrets.

Dude. What is wrong with you???

I know...I should have just pulled the trigger.

Why? She could've just stood on the other side.

It's still better than being a Butterface.

There's the story of the biologists who set up camp near the shoreline to research human/wild dolphin interactions.
Whenever they'd break for lunch, they'd repair to their tents for a bit before eating. Then they'd usually throw some scraps to the ever hungry dolphins.
Finally, the cook would just ring the dinner bell and announce "Dinner! For all in tents and porpoises!"

Well done. I appreciate the elaborate setup.

So not surprised.

You're a dad. You know.

And they're right.

Yep.

Fingers crossed, but...

So my current final payment on the cruise is due April 26. I highly doubt they will cancel before then, which means either I cancel and they put my deposit into a future cruise credit, or I make full payment. Then either they cancel and I get a refund, or I cancel and I now have lots of money tied up in a FCC. I don't know that I want to have all that money tied up in a nebulous future cruise.

What I'm leaning towards doing is canceling the cruise before the final payment date. Then I would try and salvage the land portion of the trip. We could still fly into Anchorage, keep most of the reservations I've made, and still see some of the national parks and other sights. I think air travel has a better chance of being open in late summer than cruise travel. Of course, it's hard to commit to plane tickets right now too.

Just because there's suffering elsewhere, does not negate your own personal tragedies.
I totally get if you have to cancel, you won't be happy with that.

I always find it tacky when people complain about not having luxuries when others are in much worse shape. I think it's ok to be disappointed when we're so close to the goal and have already invested time and money in the planning. but for now I'm still holding out hope.

Hey Mark, I've been away from the boards a while, as you know.
Just wanted to let you know I finally made my way back here and read your last few updates.
I enjoyed the distraction from what has become real-life these days.

Hey, welcome back, Jeff! Hope the distraction was helpful. I know the real world is no fun for anyone right now. Someday, we will get to vacation again.

I've never been in the Pacific Northwest, and may never get there, but it was great reading about.
I wish you the best in your travel quest, whether it's this summer or not. If not, hopefully it can somehow work out for you another time. It would definitely be satisfying to finish what you started.

Thanks. I hope we can pull it off. The timing would have been wonderful with my daughter leaving to start college this fall. Like I said, worse things have happened, and if we have to put it off to 2021, then so be it. It'll just be a bummer, is all.

We ended up at a local chain called the Ram Brewery. I found it to be above average, and a nice place for a meal. It had a pretty sizeable menu, too. I was tired of sandwiches at this point, so I had a bowl of mac-and-cheese with bacon and chicken mixed in. So basically I was ordering off the kids menu.

There is a Ram right next door to our big hospital which is also very close to my surgi-center. The hospital's buildings are named "A", "B", "C", etc... The staff affectionately call the Ram "Bldg. R"- and there'a lot of, "Hey wanna grab drinks at Building R after work?" I LOVE their Mac Cheese ^ but order mine with chicken and jalepenos. So much yum!!

*--It’s never “intensive purposes”, which drives me nuts when people write that instead. No one’s purposes are ever intensive. Or maybe they are, but no one describes them that way. Same with “I could care less.” That means you do care. It’s “I couldn’t care less.” Sheesh.

THANK YOU FOR THIS RANT!!

We did the pool. This served to reinforce the theory in the other kids’ minds that the youngest child is always spoiled.

Of course you did. And yes, they are.

That night, we filled in states 48 and 49 on the family map. All that was left was to conquer Alaska…coming in summer 2020.

I really, REALLY hope you get to do this. The odds of my Italy trip are, at my best guess now, about 50/50.

Waterfalls are more interesting to me than glaciers. Probably because they move faster.
Just a wee bit.
:laughing: He loves to mess up his mom's perfect shots. It's what boys do.
:laughing:
And then I put it down the back of the kids' shirts.
:lmao: Now you've gone and given me ideas!
We don't normally think of landslides as being the worst danger of an eruption, but I know that was a significant piece of the St. Helens eruption in 1980.
::yes:: I believe Vesuvius did that to Herculaneum.
The Canadian ports are closed until July 1. So that would mean my cruise would be one of the first few sailings after the opening. But even if it does open, do I really want to be the first guy on a cruise ship this summer?
Hmmm... good question.
On the other hand, you could make the argument that we might have the ship to ourselves and it will have been bleached to within an inch of its life.
True... Can you do a cruise with social distancing??
It's still better than being a Butterface.
:eek:

:rolleyes1
Well done. I appreciate the elaborate setup.
You're welcome.
So my current final payment on the cruise is due April 26. I highly doubt they will cancel before then, which means either I cancel and they put my deposit into a future cruise credit, or I make full payment. Then either they cancel and I get a refund, or I cancel and I now have lots of money tied up in a FCC. I don't know that I want to have all that money tied up in a nebulous future cruise.
Yeah, I get that. I got a 50% refund and the rest is in FCC. But... I'm only one person...
What I'm leaning towards doing is canceling the cruise before the final payment date. Then I would try and salvage the land portion of the trip. We could still fly into Anchorage, keep most of the reservations I've made, and still see some of the national parks and other sights. I think air travel has a better chance of being open in late summer than cruise travel. Of course, it's hard to commit to plane tickets right now too.
Yeah... We certainly live in interesting times.

There’s no use whining, though. It’s all out of our control. And like I said there are a lot of people who have much bigger things to worry about.

Anyway, we’ll see what the future holds. Thanks for reading along.

Coming Up Next: if I can get the photos uploaded, we’ll do a mini-TR on a long weekend at Universal Studios Orlando.

Awesome report! Thanks so much for sharing your adventures. It looks like our West Coast National Park trip is out. My wife and I are in the thick of it (in nursing and LE in Phila), so we know there are people going through much, much worse situations. Our vacations are our escape from those front-row seats to the major problems that exist in the city on an average year. But with the kids losing their school year, the boys losing their baseball seasons, and everything else, we are going to particularly need some time away. At this point, it's looking like an East Coast, National Lampoon Vacation-style road trip in a rental minivan to tour National Parks and battlefields. No real plan, just Eff it and drive.

I've been lurking-ly following along. As always, thanks for sharing your family's adventures. I do hope you get to Alaska but the good thing about it is that it will be there when the world is ready to travel and college kids have been known to come back for a vacation. Your daughter strikes me as someone who would want to finish that quest so I'm sure you are good there! Can't wait to read about the Universal mini trip - hopefully you got to ride Hagrid's. My youngest (8th grade) was supposed to go to Universal for grad night in May and that obviously isn't happening. Thankfully we've been several times but I do feel bad for all of those graduation kids this year, especially high school seniors. They really got a bum deal this year.

OK, trying to keep up here.....while most people are bored out of their minds, lots of my life is still the same, except you have to wait to get into a supermarket, and so many things take so much longer than they used to, so I'm constantly getting behind.....

We had a lazy morning with another big breakfast. Lazy breakfasts are underrated. It’s a luxury to be able to sit and sip your coffee (or beverage of choice) and eat a nice meal.

They are so underrated. Rarely do I ever get time to have one, especially at home.

Still, it does afford you the opportunity to ride on a slug.

That's great when you're that close to the ground, but I'm not sure how I would be able to get up off that thing. And you know I would have to do a photo op there!

Someone had already taken it upon themselves to offer this snippet of conversation as a truly profound document worthy of meditation.

Quite Profound!

After farting around in the visitor center for an hour or so, we put together our PB&J sandwiches in the parking lot and scarfed them down with a nutritious side of Fritos corn chips and Oreos. The Lunch of Champions.

Definitely the lunch of champions!

We learned that North Cascades is a park primarily made for hikers. It’s meant to be explored on foot, especially those who don’t mind spending a week hiking and camping in the outdoors.

Ummmm, why would people do that? :scratchin

This proved to be a very special swearing-in ceremony, as the Park Ranger on duty told Drew that if he was going to become a ranger, he needed to wear the hat.

Awww, he looks so happy.

I ordered a salad and substituted fried chicken and waffles for the lettuce and vegetables. I used maple syrup as the dressing.

I didn't know you could do that!

And Julie chose to trade in her lettuce for French fries and used a grilled cheese sandwich (with bacon) as the croutons. Her dressing was classic tomato soup.

Now you're talkin' that sounds good!

Since we had ordered healthy salads for dinner, we felt we had earned a treat for dessert, so we ordered up a giant apple turnover/pie thingy.

Wow! I miss desserts at restaurants. :sad2:

we left Puyallup and headed once more towards Mount Rainier National Park. The skies were clear and sunny, so that had us feeling optimistic as we left the hotel.

Glad your choice was a better one on this day.

We took this photo at the same parking lot. What a difference 3 days can make.

That is an amazing photo.

Shot composition is critical in an environment like this. It’s critical if you want to frame the subject in just the right way to get that perfect shot.

This one is too, but for other reasons. Is that Drew running around in the bushes in the foreground?

There were wildflowers everywhere we looked. Beautiful pops of color graced the fields.

So beautiful!

By the way, is that great vacation planning or what? With all lunch supplied used up on the last day, we didn’t have to worry about trying to pack some leftover food to take home or throw out perfectly good supplies. I wish it worked out that way every year.

I want to hear about the Bloopers reel and what you've done when it doesn't come out so good. We've taken a few Mtn Dew bottles home with us in the suitcases and other interesting things.

As far as Vancouver goes, well, who knows if we’ll actually get there at all now? Fingers still crossed. But I have a feeling I may be canceling my cruise soon. If it’s not canceled for me.

I don't know if this applies to you, but there was some ruling about cruise ships not sailing for 100 days, but that may have been from US ports.

I had a bowl of mac-and-cheese with bacon and chicken mixed in. So basically I was ordering off the kids menu.

That looks soooo good!

Same with “I could care less.” That means you do care. It’s “I couldn’t care less.” Sheesh.

This one bugs me to no end! The other one I don't hear so much.

Plus the budget committee probably approved the pool time as well.

Well I am glad that you have your jobs and are staying healthy. I've told other people besides not going to band and not going to Disney are the only differences in our lives. Well and wearing masks everywhere, keeping clorox wipes in our cars.....

It would be fun to hear about your Universal based trip to Disney!

There is a Ram right next door to our big hospital which is also very close to my surgi-center. The hospital's buildings are named "A", "B", "C", etc... The staff affectionately call the Ram "Bldg. R"- and there'a lot of, "Hey wanna grab drinks at Building R after work?" I LOVE their Mac Cheese ^ but order mine with chicken and jalepenos. So much yum!!

Any place with a code name has to be good!

THANK YOU FOR THIS RANT!!

You're welcome!

Since I wrote that sentence, next week we can talk about your/you're.

Of course you did. And yes, they are.

No way around it.

I really, REALLY hope you get to do this. The odds of my Italy trip are, at my best guess now, about 50/50.

It's not looking good. I just got an email from one of the lodges I made a reservation at that they will not be opening at all in 2020. So there's that.

Now you've gone and given me ideas!

Any time you want to be a jerk to your kids, I'm your man!

I believe Vesuvius did that to Herculaneum.

I believe you are correct.

True... Can you do a cruise with social distancing??

Sure, if everyone else cancels.

Yeah, I get that. I got a 50% refund and the rest is in FCC. But... I'm only one person...

Right. That's part of my problem is that my $$$ will be tied up in 6 different names.

I just got an email from one lodge where I had a reservation that they will not be opening in 2020. This is starting to fall apart.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter