Cheapest way to book?

JMomx4

Earning My Ears
I am ready to book for November 7-15, 2009.
My family will at that time include dh, myself, ds(10), dd(8), ds(4), dd(2), and ds(8 months).
We will be tent camping.
It looks like the cheapest way to book is a site only reservation with AAA discount, and then buy tickets separately from a reputable seller (lower prices than Disney). I know if you book a package, you can often get pin numbers, free dining offers, percentage off, etc. However, it seems those always exclude campsites. Is that correct?
The dining plan is not an issue, because we are going to cook mostly at the campsite and take lunches, eating out for 1 character meal and maybe 1 or 2 counter service for the week.
Is this the cheapest way to book?
Thanks.

You have the right idea with AAA, and discount tickets. The Disney specials usually exclude the camp sites, the free dining for sure does. Make your ressies ASAP.

I am ready to book for November 7-15, 2009.
My family will at that time include dh, myself, ds(10), dd(8), ds(4), dd(2), and ds(8 months).
We will be tent camping.
It looks like the cheapest way to book is a site only reservation with AAA discount, and then buy tickets separately from a reputable seller (lower prices than Disney). I know if you book a package, you can often get pin numbers, free dining offers, percentage off, etc. However, it seems those always exclude campsites. Is that correct?
The dining plan is not an issue, because we are going to cook mostly at the campsite and take lunches, eating out for 1 character meal and maybe 1 or 2 counter service for the week.
Is this the cheapest way to book?
Thanks.

Yes, unfortunately the good deals never include the campsites:headache: so we always book a room only and get our tickets from undercovertourist. Last year we bought 10 day hopper/no expiry tickets and exchanged them for AP's when we arrived and actually got cash back!:woohoo:

We don't have AAA so I don't know if it is worth the money if you don't alreay have it, but we got discounts for both trips this year with our AP's.

We never do the dining plan. We camp at Disney to save money and the biggest part of that is eating at the camper. Also, I don't want to spend so much time everyday eating and trying to get my money out of the dining plan. We try to do one character dinner and one character breakfast...they are cheaper. This past year we did Crystal Palace for breakfast 2 times and the food was wonderful! It was also so cool getting into the park before it opened and taking pictures in front of the castle with no one in them but us!

Have fun planning your trip!:)

Thank you. We do already have AAA, so I may as well use it.
I will call in a few minutes.

AAA will most likely pay for its membership when you use it to book. It is a wise investment on several levels, especially if you don't have other insurance for travel.

We have AAA, but no discount is available at FW for the time we are going. AAA doesn't always have discounts, need to call and check.

Has anyone bought tickets outside of Disney World. Trying to save as much as we can. Looking for a reputible place to buy them. Also I heard that alot of the rocking chairs were removed from the porch for games for the kids while waiting for Hoop De Due . I really enjoy sitting up there and just watching the people hope they still have them.

MICKEYMINNIEFAN2-

We are also shopping for tickets and have used undercovertourist and found them to be the cheapest and very reliable. Using the link Rhonda gave for the unofficial ticket center versus undercovertourist and pricing the tickets we are looking at, undercovertourist is $5 cheaper on an adult 6 day base with one day free and $4 cheaper on the child ticket. Just passing along the savings! PM me for more info on links to the cheapest prices through mousesavers. :)

l also wanted to add that one of the best ways to get a good rate is to book your vacation through Dreams Unlimited Travel. The moderator of this board (Rhonda) can set you up!

I had not really discovered this board when I booked our vacation 500 days out, but will when (if?) we get the opportunity to go again soon. Here's hoping the economy rebounds quick!

Thank you all for the info I will definatly look into it. Any money saved will help out. We don't want to have to give up our yearly Fort trip yet. At least fuel prices have come down and that will help some. Thanks again .

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter