Cheapest time of year to stay at Disney

Louise Potts

Mouseketeer
Hello everyone,

I am looking for some advice as to when is the cheapest time of year to stay at WDW, I am looking to book AKL for 2019 and as it will just be my Husband and I for 10 days we are able to go at anytime of year rather than in peak school holiday periods.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated

Thanks

Lou

Hello everyone,

I am looking for some advice as to when is the cheapest time of year to stay at WDW, I am looking to book AKL for 2019 and as it will just be my Husband and I for 10 days we are able to go at anytime of year rather than in peak school holiday periods.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated

Thanks

Lou
"Value Season" at AKL ran from 1/15-2/10 in 2018. That would be when rack rates are at their lowest. However, when you factor in RO discounts or package deals, there really isn't a bargain time to be visiting. Weekends will cost more than weeknights. Park hours will be longer in the summer than during January, so your park ticket buys you less park time in the winter months. Rehabs of major attractions tend to be scheduled for slower periods, like January, so you could miss out on some headliners. Food costs the same in January as it does in June.

In all, it's just best to pick a time when you want to visit and make your plans. Want to do F&W? Then October might suit you. Want to see the holiday decortations? Then choose the first couple of weeks of December. Want to see sunshine after being snowed in all winter? April can be lovely. Just avoid major holiday periods and traditional school breaks.

Ditto PP, we find ways to save on Disney but know we can't always go when it's the slow season or the cheapest season. I will say, we've had great visits in February even after value season ended, around President's Day and we've never felt the parks were crowded. Our second favorite time is summer after that, we find summer less crowded than the spring break season and the holiday season.

August 24-30 and Sept 3-20 is also value season at AKL for 2018. You can find the rates listed for the whole year on mousesavers website.

Another option is to rent DVC points at AKL. We found DVC rental can be 40-50% less. There is a section of the dis for DVC rental info. David's DVC rental website can give you an idea how much it would cost, DVC owners can book 11 months ahead, so during popular times it pays to get your dates in early!

August 24-30 and Sept 3-20 is also value season at AKL for 2018. You can find the rates listed for the whole year on mousesavers website.

Another option is to rent DVC points at AKL. We found DVC rental can be 40-50% less. There is a section of the dis for DVC rental info. David's DVC rental website can give you an idea how much it would cost, DVC owners can book 11 months ahead, so during popular times it pays to get your dates in early!

This is a good option too for money saving! The reputable sites make renting points painless but you do have to book very early which doesn't always work. You can get last minute DVC deals but you have to be flexible with your dates and resort.

Great tips I will check that out - thanks!

There really is no such thing anymore - Disney has maximized its marketing to an international audience and there are no "slow" times anymore.

Since you are looking at a longer stay, if you go the DVC route, you could do a split stay. That way you can have some flexibility with your dates and fill in with a room booked through Disney for the dates that might not be available.

Look for the promo deals Disney offers. You can typically get 30% off room rates for deluxe. Also, there are free dining promos and you could get a regular dining plan included for each of you, but you will pay full rack rate and for park hoppers in the vacation package.

I agree with PP and go at a time you may enjoy more. We love the week after Thanksgiving. All the Christmas holiday fun has begun.

I would avoid times when school is out. Don't go during spring breaks or summer and so forth. Your park day will be more productive when school is in session.

There really is no such thing anymore - Disney has maximized its marketing to an international audience and there are no "slow" times anymore.
That, and a big chunk of people don't think twice about taking their kids out of school for a Disney vacation.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter