Cheapest Price on iPod???

kentuckywinter

Mouseketeer
Hi all -
I'm thinking of buying DD5 an iPod for her birthday. So, I have a few questions for anyone who has one or knows about them. Since she's so young, I don't want to get her one that is so expensive. First, should I get her a true iPod or something like the "Shaker" one (sorry, not sure what it's called)?

If I do get the iPod, I'll just get one of the cheaper ones. Anyone know of any good sales on them right now?

Thanks in advance and have a great day! :goodvibes

Target had one in their add today for $49. That is what i bought my daughters for thru the apple site about a year ago.

You can get a refurbished one directly from Apple for a discount ( they still come with a warranty). That's how we got my sons and it even came with the original IPOD packaging. There was very little way to even know it was refurbished. If you are looking at the shuffles they have them for $39 now refurbished and come in all of the cute colors. They have all the largers ones too.

I totally agree on the refurb. I bought one and it has been great for dd. I saw the same one refurbed in Walmart for 30 dollars more than I paid for it.
We have had absolutley no problems with it.
:)

Thanks for the info guys! I'll definitely take a look at the one at Target and call Apple, too. We don't have an Apple store around me, but I'm assuming I can call them or go online to their website.

Have a great night everyone!
:goodvibes

For my DD5 I purchased her the Barbie Girl MP3 player. it also 'unlocks' the whole Barbie Girls world online (kinda like webkinz).

The reason I went with this was twofold. First, my DD wanted the thing for the website access. Second, I chose this as the MP3 player because it was a decent size. Many of the MP3 players out there are really small--which is great for a teen or an adult but for a 5 year old bigger is harder to lose!! It really is not terribly large but large enough.

It is also easy for her to use...the only odd thing about it is that there is no real on/off switch. It works when the headphones are plugged in and is off when they are unplugged. I think I like that--easy to see if it has been left on but it is odd.

Best part was I got it off Amazon at Christmas time for 19.99!! Looks like they have it for $27 right now with free shipping.

DS5 and DD8 both have the Sansa Shaker and LOVE it! It is great for younger children because it plays, without needing to use the earbuds, through the speaker in the top. And the volume can not be turned up terribly loud. The kids at their school, think that it is the coolest thing because their traditional i-pods, don't work wothout the buds or speaker dock.

You dont need to go to an apple store to get an apple ipod. I got my shuffle at radio shack (actually dh got it for me) My girls also have the barbie MP3 players. I would get your dd the barbie mp3 player only because the ipod earbuds are HUGE. I can't wear them. They are HUGE and I can't fit them in my ears yet alone my 5 yr olds ears. I did go back and got other earbuds but they were 20$ (I saw target had some of theirs onsale for 14$ this week). My dd's barbie mp3 player earbuds fit their ears and mine too :)

there are a lot of good deals out there for refurbished and even new mp3 players. ebay is another good source. the only advice i would give you when purchasing an ipod is to throw the apple earplugs away immediately and buy something more comfortable. those are the worst earplugs ever made.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!