Cheapest places to buy Pediasure, including in bulk?

SoonerSarah

DIS Veteran
Does anyone know where the cheapest place is to buy Pediasure? I've seen 24 packs from SAMs and Amazon, and have been told about Abbottstore.com and possibly diapers.com.

Any other suggestions?

My daughter drinks Boosts kid Essentials, she didnt like pediasure and we have been buying them for about 2.5 years. I know we can call the company once a month and they will send coupons, have you tried calling the company? Also I know on kid essentials website the have printable coupons, usually for $3 off per pack and you can print 2. So I, along with everyone I know prints these as often as we can, which makes a 4 pack only $1.98 at our local wal mart. I would have everyone you know be on the look out for coupons and deals. GL

We are still in the hospital right one and hoping to be transferred to rehab in the next few days, so we are not purchasing it ourselves just yet. Right now we are going through 5 a day. I will ask about the Boost and see if it is something that will be OK to put into her feeding tube.

Thanks!

Right now we are going through 5 a day. I will ask about the Boost and see if it is something that will be OK to put into her feeding tube.

If it is more then 75% of her nutrition and is given thru her feeding tube many insurance companies will cover 80/20 depending on the plan. And if you have a plan that has a maximum that you pay out of pocket each year then it could be covered at 100% once you meet that deductible. Just keep in mind many times the home health agency charges more then the local grocery store.

Added - You would need a prescription for the pediasure. I know because DS gets Peptamen JR (elemental formula) delivered to our home for the past 6 years. Hugs and prayers your way as well.

Bearshouse

Amazon has 24 bottles for $35.00 to 42.00 depending on the flavor. It is listed under healthcare in their "Subscribe & Save" program. I don't know if that is a good price, but you can check it out. Good luck!

Hi, I am a pediatric dietitian and work with many children who use feeding tubes. Hope that you have access to a pediatric RD as the rules for formula coverage for children are different than adults. Also, formula coverage will vary by insurance and by state.

For example, in Michigan you can often get Children's Special Health Care Services to cover formula if your insurance doesn't formula. Again, rules vary from state-to-state. The rehab center may be able to help with her discharge plan.

Cathy

I was going to say the same thing about insurance.My nephew is 10 and uses it as his primary nutrition and has been covered under insurance since my sister was finally told about it from one of his therapists.She was spending so much on it before.She does need a prescription from the dr and it usually takes a few days for each prescription to be filled because they have to order the large amount.They order it in cases for her.Hugs and best wishes to you and your family-my nephew has a syndrom that only 215 kids in the world have been diagnosed with and I know how hard it has been for my sis and the struggle it puts on the family.

When my DD was younger, they were talking about her needing a feeding tube (failure to thrive). Our insurance will not pay for anything that goes into the tube (they say it's a parents responsibility to feed their child :sad1:). I called Nestle Nutritional and explained our situation. The rep was very nice and offered to have a rep call me. After speaking with the rep, she offered to send me samples. A few days later, cases of their products arrived at my doorstep. DD ended up not needing the tube but we were able to use the products orally. I might not hurt to give them a call.
:grouphug:

My ds had FTT and was on Pediasure. See if you are eligible for WIC. That will cover medically necessary Pediasure. Also, talk to the nutritionist before you are discharged. They may be able to have the rep send you a case or at least give you coupons.
I would buy it on eBay. One time the seller sent it one of those one price USPS boxes and the clerk was so amazed she had to weigh it.I saves oodles in shipping! Another good score was a local guy whose son was on tube feeds and no longer needed it. I met him at his bank job and paid no shipping. ;)
Good luck!

I also recommend finding out what your insurance might cover if the Pediasure is medically necessary (and it certainly sounds like it is) and can be prescribed. One of our friends has a little girl (they were here this morning!) that is just super tiny for her age (WAY tiny) and the pediatrician wrote a script and they get a case delivered to them any time they run out.

Currently is is her sole nutrition. We are working on getting her to take purees and a sippy cup again, but have more refusal days than days where she will eat anything. The most we have gotten her to take was 6 ounces of puree in one day.

We have had to apply for Medicaid for her and I'm told that there is some sort of program for medically dependent children, but I haven't begun to look at that.

I know that you can get special formulas by prescription, and that WIC helped with some stuff (oh the debates on people selling their WIC formula...), but I guess I never thought of this as the same thing.

I did just find out that the rehab facility we will be going to does provide all of the basic daily needs for her, including the pediasure, so I'm not going to have to be purchasing any for the next month or so.

That is great, that is one less thing for you to have to worry about at this time. I also was thinking how the Dr. office use to always give us a bunch of samples, so when she is ready to go home, surely the rehab center will supply enough to last a little while and you can always ask for samples from Drs. It wont hurt to ask, it can atleast help get buy while waiting for the next shipmet or whatever.

God bless you and your family at this time and during the struggle it appears that you are going through. Ill pray for you all. :hug:

Currently is is her sole nutrition. We are working on getting her to take purees and a sippy cup again, but have more refusal days than days where she will eat anything. The most we have gotten her to take was 6 ounces of puree in one day.

We have had to apply for Medicaid for her and I'm told that there is some sort of program for medically dependent children, but I haven't begun to look at that.

I know that you can get special formulas by prescription, and that WIC helped with some stuff (oh the debates on people selling their WIC formula...), but I guess I never thought of this as the same thing.

I did just find out that the rehab facility we will be going to does provide all of the basic daily needs for her, including the pediasure, so I'm not going to have to be purchasing any for the next month or so.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter