Cheap on line place to buy Fibers?

Try
FibersbytheYard
and
BrownBagFibers
they have great prices and service!
PattyT

But, my real question is are the archival safe? I have a thing about this after all the work (not to mention the ssshh $$$) I've put into our scrapbooks.

I'd love to hear about them.

Laura

A scrapaholic

There are a lot of diputes as to what constitutes 'safe;-
Fibers are a current favorite of mine!
I use them to hang tags,
string between eyelets for a pretty look,
oh there are a million things -
best bet go to www.twopeasinabucket.com and do a search for fibers and you will see a million layouts using them!

hth
Pattyt

Originally posted by crazyforpooh
But, my real question is are the archival safe?

Acid / lignin free is mainly a concern with dealing with paper products, so you dont have to deal with acid when it comes to fibers. If you are worried about color-fastness, soak them in water for a while and let them dry. That will get all the excess die out.
I am not too fanatical about af /lf materials. I only use safe paper and good adhesives, but for the rest of it, almost anything goes. Besides, photos are NOT af/lf.

I just got an order this week from fibers by the yard. It was quick and I was happy with everything I got. I also went for 2 grab bags and was happy with what was in them.

Most of them were around $0.40 per yard so I thought I can't go wrong. They are marked with their fiber number and placed into little bags. I store them in a binder filled with trading card pages and put each fiber in it's own "card slot". If this helps......

Kristina

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter