cheap meals in the hotel

femail

can't understand why disney doesn't need it's own
:earsgirl: i'm just thinking; if anyone drives to d/w, why not buy a cheap or bring a small micro? if you stayed there with 4 people for 3 days you would pay for it and then you could probably sell it on the way out or give to the goodwill for a donation... (yup i guess i'm cheap huh?? ) oh well, with 2 trips to wdw in the next three months i'm going to have to get really inventive at saving money... k2

There are microwaves in the food court areas that you can use which would be even cheaper.;) And you wouldn't have to lug a microwave around!

We always bring a toaster oven and an electric skillet and do breakfast in the rooms. I refuse do do any other meals, but breakfast works out for us and gives the kids time to really wake up before we head to the parks. We usually go shopping the day we arrive and rent a fridge. We do biscuits, eggs, pop-tarts, cereal and milk, etc.

Definitely use the microwave in the food courts. They are free and easy to use. The rooms in Disney resorts are not equipped for extra cooking devices (micros, toasters, etc...) Aside from being a fire hazard there isn't proper ventilation for cooking in a regular hotel room.

Uh-oh..... you all had better don your flame suits NOW! Many people get very ugly when discussing the subject of cooking in standard hotel rooms (not suites with kitchens/kitchenettes). And while I am not here to judge or flame, there are some valid safety reasons for not doing so. But be warned, there are folks here to get very vocal on this subject... be prepared... just don't say I didn't warn you!...................P

I agree epcotfan not enough ventilation in the rooms for cooking. Big fire hazard Please use the micro in the food courts.

:eek:
Don't burn down any of the hotels:earseek:

My disney heart could not take it.::MinnieMo

you may want to use your search button on this one. This is one of the few hot button topics that can really get things going!!

As mentioned by others, there have been nurmerous posts, somestime quite heated debates, over this issue.

One person went to Disney and asked for their official response...no electric appliances of any kind are to be used in standard hotels unless they are provided by WDW. This is for safety(fire hazard) reasons.

Personally, I would not want to be staying in a hotel room, paying a pretty $$$, only to have to smell other people's cooking.

There are many other ways to save money, cooking in your room is just right.

Most of the gift shops sell food items cheaper than the food courts. For example you can buy a bag of Thomas Bagels there for under $3. If you buy a bagel in the food court, which is about the same quality, it will cost about $2.60. You can use the toaster to toast them and use the free butter that is put out. I usually get a supply of small plates from one of the counters to put them on. You can also buy a loaf of bread and peanut butter for a cheap lunch. Use the jelly again thats free. My kids like pb&j better than anything else. They also have donuts, soda, and chips.

I've been in many hotels that have coffeemakers and a few have toasters and no extra ventilation. My second point i've been in a DVC studio and many feel that cooking is ok there but i didn't find any extra ventilation there either and the room smelled fine. Please keep in mind before you flame me i'm just curious and really have no intention of cooking in my room as i'm on vacation and part of that is dining in the wonderful WDW resturants. Fire away flame suit on.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter