Cheap but high quality video camera?

Traver Freeman

Mouseketeer
We've got a trip coming up in a few weeks and I'd really like to start videoing more of our trip. As I look back at our old trips, my favorite moments are the video clips, but we only have a handful of them.

Videos take up an incredible amount of space on my phone and I feel like I'd run out of room real quick. I wanted to get a video camera and I saw some people take the little GoPro looking ones and take them on the roller coasters and other things, but I didn't want to spend $100+ on a GoPro.

I've seen several GoPro-like cameras for $50-60. Any recommendations? Or would you not go with one of those types of cameras and stick with the normal handhelds for what I want? I don't necessarily need rides videos, it's more for videoing things that go on throughout the day.

Thanks.

You get what you pay for. Just keep that in mind.
Yea, and I'm the type of person that likes high quality footage :/, the problem is I really wouldn't use it much after the trip. If I can't find something reasonable enough I will just have to like delete everything on my phone before the trip and transfer video every night. It would just be a pain.

Yeah, that would be a pain. Does anyone you know have one you could borrow for the trip? I'd say go rent one somewhere, but by the time you pay for that, you'll pay probably 10x what it would cost to own one.

There are cameras out there (Most) that take both stills and videos. The standard now seems to be 4K

I got a high priced camcorder years ago because it had 4k. Then the digital/video cameras came out. Now that camcorder is hardly used.

The cheaper go-pro styles are knock offs. Sure maybe you get the 1 out of 10 that was build solid and actually is shock and waterproof but more likely you get one that breaks the first time you drop it, has terrible video quality, or something wrong with it.

I just use my phone but I know you said that wasn't an option because of memory. There are some memory sticks you can but that plug into your phone so maybe get those?

Check out the gitup git2 pro or the thieye t5e. They both have electronic video stabilization which in my opinion helps the movies more bearable and enjoyable to watch

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter