Chase Disney Visa Perks?

DisneyMomma81

DIS Veteran
What are they? I'm aware of the Character Meet and Greet and free stroller rentals, what else is available?

Shannon
DS 7
DD 4
Disney Land Sept 24-27

You get discounts and if you book a package deal you recieve a backpack and some PS for the parades. If you go to the website it'll break it down for you. You need to call them when your ready to get your reward card to redeem as well. It only took them a week to send me ours.

I was wondering if anyone knows if the 10% off merchandise promo is valid if you use another method of payment so long as you just show your Disney VISA. Last year when I went I was able to do this and was hoping to do this again.

What are the details (time & place) of the meet and greet? The website only says California Adventure.

The meet and greet starts at DCA and lasts for 1 1/2 hours after the park opens at Arriels Grotto. The charachters are randomly choosen so not sure who would be there. I got this info from the DLR

The characters that we got at the meet n greet last year were mickey (in a nautical themed outfit) and goofy (I think in his swim suit?) one day and chip and dale the next. also they give you a voucher for a free 5x 7 but it doesnt have to be the one they take during the meet n greet.

The characters that we got at the meet n greet last year were mickey (in a nautical themed outfit) and goofy (I think in his swim suit?) one day and chip and dale the next. also they give you a voucher for a free 5x 7 but it doesnt have to be the one they take during the meet n greet.

It's actually hit and miss with cms letting you use the voucher on other photos. We had luck with cms in 2005 & 2006 letting us use it for any photo taken in DCA. Last month, 2 different cms at 2 different times told us we could only use it for the visa meet and greet photos.

This might sound stupid, but I've always wondered about this...............do they put a cap on how much you can build up in your rewards?? And do you need to use your rewards in that fiscal year, or do you forfiet it, if it isn't used????
Thanks!

The 3 times we went to the meet and greet they let us use it on a different picture. (didnt use it for the meet n greet one since it was not crowded and i managed to take some good pics with my own camera) the CM taking the picture even told me it didnt have to be the meet n greet. didn't realize they were making you use it for that. I guess it is a hit and miss then.

Tinkermell - there is a cap of 750 reward dollars per year. And they do not expire for several years after you earn them, but do expire a year from the time you TRANSFER them to a Reward card. You cannot use any of them without transfering them to a reward card. The reward card has a number on it, like a Visa number, that you give to whatever Disney vendor you are purchasing from. The reward dollars can be used anywhere at Disney, on-line, and at Disney stores.

And I am so excited to be going to DL this year and to get to use those free strollers! The only perk I have been able to use at WDW is the 10% off at the Disney store at Downtown Disney. I did use reward dollars to pay for one night stay at the cabins. We tried to go to the meet and greet, but the line was just too long for little people to wait.

Anyone know if the line is as bad for the meet and greet at DCA? Do the strollers go quickly too? Am I better off just bringing my own stroller in so my dd can recline and nap?

Thanks!

Anyone know if the line is as bad for the meet and greet at DCA? Do the strollers go quickly too? Am I better off just bringing my own stroller in so my dd can recline and nap?

The most we've ever waited was 5 minutes. That's with 2 familes ahead of us. Oftentimes, there is no line so the characters have plenty of time with you. We borrowed a stroller last month and the park was busy. There were still many stroller left.

Tinkermell - there is a cap of 750 reward dollars per year. And they do not expire for several years after you earn them, but do expire a year from the time you TRANSFER them to a Reward card. You cannot use any of them without transfering them to a reward card. The reward card has a number on it, like a Visa number, that you give to whatever Disney vendor you are purchasing from. The reward dollars can be used anywhere at Disney, on-line, and at Disney stores.

And I am so excited to be going to DL this year and to get to use those free strollers! The only perk I have been able to use at WDW is the 10% off at the Disney store at Downtown Disney. I did use reward dollars to pay for one night stay at the cabins. We tried to go to the meet and greet, but the line was just too long for little people to wait.

Thanks!
Cinderella,
Thanks for the info, and welcome the DL DIS!!! :welcome:
$750.00 adds up to alot of credit!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :scared1:
Anywhos........
I was looking at your dates, and it looks like you will be able to enjoy most of the Holiday stuff. Don't forget to do HM and SW. They're awesome at Christmas!!! :santa:
Have alot of fun!! :yay:

related question...do you just SHOW your disney visa...or do they take info from it? Like make sure it's still valid to use? I'd like to go to the meet and greet, we still have the CARD, but we cancelled the acct...would it still work?

Hey Tinkermell!

Thanks for the welcome and trip wishes! I am so excited! Are you able to get to DL all the time living in CA? So jealous!! :thumbsup2

And you would be surprised how little that 750 can be! I think we will cap out this year! We are already over 500! :scared1: But we use our Visa for *everything* possible including Dh's work expenses that are reimbursed. And then I am amazed at how quickly I spend them! ha!

Forgive my ignorance, but what is the SW? I know HM (Haunted Mansion) gets highly decorated for Xmas, and IASW. But not sure about SW. Snow White? I love to see the Christmas decor! I just can't wait! The time is moving too slowly for me. :)

Thanks for the info on the Meet/Greet and strollers, V&B'smom! I appreciate it.

CinderellaDreamer

Hey Tinkermell!

Thanks for the welcome and trip wishes! I am so excited! Are you able to get to DL all the time living in CA? So jealous!! :thumbsup2

And you would be surprised how little that 750 can be! I think we will cap out this year! We are already over 500! :scared1: But we use our Visa for *everything* possible including Dh's work expenses that are reimbursed. And then I am amazed at how quickly I spend them! ha!

Forgive my ignorance, but what is the SW? I know HM (Haunted Mansion) gets highly decorated for Xmas, and IASW. But not sure about SW. Snow White? I love to see the Christmas decor! I just can't wait! The time is moving too slowly for me. :)

Thanks for the info on the Meet/Greet and strollers, V&B'smom! I appreciate it.

CinderellaDreamer
Hi again and whoops. :rolleyes1 :laughing:
Apparently I abbreviated a little tooooooooooo much. It was supposed to be IASW. Oh, and to be technically correct during the Holidays, the abbreves become HMH and IASWH.

Having a Disney VISA is well worth it for you. Sometimes I wonder if it would be for me. My husband has a VISA business account through our bank, that gets pretty high..................but I don't think he would switch it over to Disney. :laughing: The bank is real small and personal, and he likes doing everything with them. If I asked him to switch, he probably would think I've gone daft! :eek: Which leads me to my next answer.

My DH is also not the Disney fan that I am, so I usually have to sweet talk to him to go to DL. We usually go about 2 times a year. I think this year it will be more like 3 or 4, cuz we just got APs for the first time. :yay: ( I have a lot of sweet talking to do!!):rolleyes1

How long are you staying??? (I know I'm getting way off topic, but oh well!) :rolleyes:

related question...do you just SHOW your disney visa...or do they take info from it? Like make sure it's still valid to use? I'd like to go to the meet and greet, we still have the CARD, but we cancelled the acct...would it still work?

When we've gone we just showed the card to the CMs at a podium/desk/check in for ariels grotto (they didn't even check the name or look closely at the card). They just waived us downstairs. When we got downstairs we've usually found that the characters were with a family so we waited on the stairs a minute or two for the family to finish up. Then we've had about 3-5 minutes before I shove DD off because the first family is still hanging around for more character time or because another family had come down. It really was nice, not crowded at all.

When we've gone we just showed the card to the CMs at a podium/desk/check in for ariels grotto (they didn't even check the name or look closely at the card). They just waived us downstairs. When we got downstairs we've usually found that the characters were with a family so we waited on the stairs a minute or two for the family to finish up. Then we've had about 3-5 minutes before I shove DD off because the first family is still hanging around for more character time or because another family had come down. It really was nice, not crowded at all.

Thanks! Good to know!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter