Charging to the Room with Gift Cards

TandLMommy28

DIS Veteran
How does that work? Do you "prepay" with the cards to set your spending limit? What happens if you don't spend it all? We are taking full advantage of the Meijer deal to get the free $5 off our groceries for each $25 card we buy and I am thinking I don't want to carry a stack of $25 gift cards around all week.

In order to have charging, I believe you have to put down a credit card (someone correct me if I am wrong). But, what you can do is head down to the front desk every couple of days to pay off the balance with the gift cards.

The other option would be to try and rebuy Disney gift cards in larger amounts. We have a Disney store near us and I was able to take some small gift cards my daughters had and re-buy ones for a larger amount. This way, I was only carrying two of them at a time..

I think, but not positive, that you can do the same thing on the Disney website. Order new gift cards for larger amounts and pay with the other ones you have.

Good luck!

I was able to add a few gift cards to my room at check in to use for room charging. It worked out really well. We did not spend the whole amount and they refunded the balance to me in cash when I checked out.

I was able to add a few gift cards to my room at check in to use for room charging. It worked out really well. We did not spend the whole amount and they refunded the balance to me in cash when I checked out.

When was this?

I was not able to do this at POP last week. They told me there is no way to refund the money if there is a surplus. I had to just go down and pay my room balance periodically before I got to the resort limit of $500.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter