Charging phones etc.

I agree with the Mophie Juice Pack it works great for me. My husband has portable batteries we may get a couple more of those but I like my case it allows me to charge when I need to and I can put my husbands phone in the case if need be.

Why do you need to bring a phone into the park? It's a vacation to get away from everything.

I don't recall seeing a post about Cosmic Ray's but I know on the side that faces the castle, there is an outlet. We found it when we sat down for lunch one day.

CuteAsMinnie said:
Isn't it less stressful to just charge a cell phone overnite in the outlet provided in your room?

:thumbsup2
We do that, but often need extra juice before the end if the day.
If you are using your phone a lot during the day for taking pictures or using the lines apps, etc it is not unusual for the battery to get very low by the end of the day (our park days are 12 hours +)

There is an outlet in the exterior hallway of Agrabah bazaar, near the flying carpets in MK. Just walked past yesterday and two people were plugged in there. The outlet is out of the way, near an unused merchandise cart.

Not to be a troll, but can't people just charge their phones in their rooms the night before? How are batteries going dead so quickly? I don't get it..

davedmaine said:
Not to be a troll, but can't people just charge their phones in their rooms the night before? How are batteries going dead so quickly? I don't get it..

Using the park app as well as takin pictures drains my battery fast! And before you ask if I have an old phone, no I have a brand new iphone5

~That's a very nice & helpful list!!! Hopefully, the list will continue to grow. I don't know, so far, all of my cell phone batteries last in the parks. But, you never know if or when you may need to charge one! :goodvibes

the park apps drain battery like crazy. my new phones camera is better than me actual digital camera so I use that. all my ressies are in another app. if i'm not hitting a cell tower and my phone keeps looking, my battery will die in record time.

kaybird said:
We Love it! Found it on ebay, just search bicycle solar phone charger and several will come up. My son used it in the field in the Marines, I take it to Farmer's Market, and it is GREAT at Disney, (Plus all the cm's comment on how cool it is!) ;)

I don't think I have time to get one before our trip but I live the idea! And my husband is a Marine do lots of opportunity to use it!

Kate and Family said:
At home, it would be great in emergencies when electric power is out for extended length of time, as well.

Great point! We live in an area where hurricanes & tornadoes are common so this could be a useful investment!

My younger brother is heavily dependent on his iPod/iPad (he switches between the two). He has DS and Autism and without having those around to keep him occupied during waits, life would be very difficult. My family always asks to be seated near an outlet if possible in restaurants because the battery drains so quickly on them.

So thanks, OP, this is very helpful. You may want to post it in the DISabilities forum as well.

saturn5 said:
If you can go an hour or two without your phones, at MK, you can charge them at City Hall for free. The CM's there will give you a ticket, and when you are ready to pick it up, you just go back and get it.

Thank you for sharing that. My phone does not last long at all.

So glad I came across this post. I have been at Disney as my battery is loosing its charge and I am always looking for a place to charge. I was never able to find one.

Last year during Food & Wine I took a lot of pictures and totally drained my iPhone battery. But I had my external battery that can charge my iPhone back up to 100% several times before it dies. It attaches to my phone with the same cord USB cord that links it to my computer, so I can keep the charger which is smaller than the phone) in my pocket and still use the phone while it's charging. I found it on Amazon. Looks something like this:
http://www.amazon.com/New-Trent-IMP...1354367512&sr=8-2&keywords=new+trent+iphone+4

Regular old cell phones don't but the smartphones have so much going on in the background that they tend to drain fast. Plus some rides cut out for service and it also drains the battery.

I use the Disney app which is fabulous for knowing ride wait times and whether it's worth going for fastpasses etc, but also drains the battery.

For me, as much as I'd like to completely get away, I have a job that requires me to keep an eye on emails as there are things only I can do. I don't work unless there is a dire emergency (which thankfully has not happened), but have to know what's going on at a cursory level at least.

Been here 10 days and my phone has drained every day. I've started 100% in the morning, and have to recharge sometime during the day either in the car, or the room or the little cheap lipstick charger thing I got (that has saved my butt). And if I'm sitting and I see an outlet, I plug in to stay ahead of it. Sadly, my droid razr does not have a removable battery so I can't do that - hubby has 3 batteries so he just swaps if it dies.

My younger brother is heavily dependent on his iPod/iPad (he switches between the two). He has DS and Autism and without having those around to keep him occupied during waits, life would be very difficult. My family always asks to be seated near an outlet if possible in restaurants because the battery drains so quickly on them.

So thanks, OP, this is very helpful. You may want to post it in the DISabilities forum as well.
Not a criticism - but the iPad battery shouldn't be draining "so quickly". Google iPad battery life for some simple tips; the battery should go (depending on the version) at least six hours.

seashoreCM (copied from another thread) said:
Some areas including Electric Umbrella have receptacles in the floor. Usually a penny can be used to loosen the catch that lets the cover lift up.

Needing to use anything to pry open an outlet cover is probably an excellent indication NOT to use that outlet.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter