Charging phones etc.

Kate and Family

Wiggling My Ears
PLEASE - no comments about how you do not understand why people bring their phones etc to the park or on the rightness/wrongness of using electric plugs not specified as being for charging electronics. You can of course, start a thread to address those issues.

This post is for those who plan to charge their phones etc.

This is information that I gleaned from post on the DISBOARDS (Before I begin - my apologies to those I am quoting w/o giving you credit.)

I am adding to this post (Post#1) as folks share more info. Thank all of you for sharing your spots.

MAGIC KINGDOM

Upstairs at CHH (Columbia Harbor House?) Right at the top of one of the sets of stairs (the one closest to where you order I think) there is an open outlet. It is not right next to a table but there are some close by - close enough to watch your phone.

In addition to the one mentioned in CHH, there is another in one of the small alcoves on the second floor, right near a table, so you can sit and eat with your phone charging right beside you. CHH is my favorite CS in MK anyway, so this works great for me!

Not sure how well known it is, but there are 1 or 2 outlets in the seating area of Casey's. Next to the old Pinball/baseball machine that's behind the screen/TV. Even if you're not eating, you can watch the cartoons while you wait for it to charge.

Next to Aloha Isle on right hand side (if looking at stand) of building.

Tomorrowland Terrace has 2 I found. Both near trash cans.

In front of Carousel of Progress. Center. Beside tree near fruit cart.

Outside the Tomorrowland restrooms there is one near a wall you can sit on.

EPCOT - FUTURE WORLD

There is one in the living seas near the women's restroom.

Upstairs area of The Electric Umbrella.

Several outlets in Innoventions, but none near seating. Sometimes it's okay to sit on the floor in the cool, though!

EPCOT - WORLD SHOWCASE

There are outdoor outlets in Norway and Morocco. Staff always said it was fine.

Outside seating at the Cantina by Mexico, there is an outlet on one of the posts on the left side. Beautiful view! I had lunch there Friday.

HOLLYWOOD STUDIOS

near the outside table for ABC Commissary,

near the restrooms in the alley or breezeway ( I don't know what to call the area) near Toy Story Mania.

and near the restrooms under the LMA bleacher\seats stands

Just to confirm what I consider the best spot, as mentioned by a PP - one of the outside tables in front of the ABC Commissary. You can sit at the table and charge. It's the second table at the end closest to the big hat. Of course I never sit here if people are looking for places to sit to eat, but at non-meal times, when the tables are empty, it's perfect.

The inside seating area at the Backlot Express. The table closest to a non-working sink, there is an outlet above the sink. You can sit at the table. I had lunch there this past Saturday (love the southwest salad) and used this.

ANIMAL KINGDOM

A bench not too far from the Finding Nemo theater, there is an outlet in the foliage.

In the seating area at Pizzafari, there are two outlets in one of the rooms, near tables.

There is an outlet along the wall on the outside of the Disney Outfitters store (the right side). There used to be a bench there, but last week there was no longer any seating.

ANYONE ELSE WITH PLACES TO SHARE?

There is one in the living seas near the women's restroom. I didn't ask there but was sitting on the floor with my friend who was breadtfeeding and another mom was sitting there plugged in.

Thanks, Burnedout - I have added it to post #1

Stindall - :rotfl2: I know.. let's see if keeping it on topic, even makes it past page 1

I can't help but I can say that I had to charge all over DL because the Disney's times app really sucks the juice out of your phone.

there are probably others butthe areas I know for sure:
near the outside table for ABC Comissary, near the restrooms in the alle or breezeway
I don't know what to call the area near Toy Story Mania.
and near the restrooms under the LMA bleacher\seats stands

DHS

1. Just to confirm what I consider the best spot, as mentioned by a PP - one of the outside tables in front of the ABC Comissary. You can sit at the table and charge. It's the second table at the end closest to the big hat. Of course I never sit here if people are looking for places to sit to eat, but at non-meal times, when the tables are empty, it's perfect.

2. The inside seating area at the Backlot Express. The table closest to a non-working sink, there is an outlet above the sink. You can sit at the table. I had lunch there this past Saturday (love the southwest salad) and used this.

AK

1. A bench not too far from the Finding Nemo theater, there is an outlet in the foliage.

2. In the seating area at Pizzafari, there are two outlets in one of the rooms, near tables.

3. There is an outlet along the wall on the outside of the Disney Outfitters store (the right side). There used to be a bench there, but last week there was no longer any seating. :sad1:

EPCOT

1. Outside seating at the Cantina by Mexico, there is an outlet on one of the posts on the left side. Beautiful view! I had lunch there Friday.

2. I have found several outlets in Innoventions, but none near seating. Sometimes it's okay to sit on the floor in the cool, though!

MK

1. In addition to the one mentioned in CHH, there is another in one of the small alcoves on the second floor, right near a table, so you can sit and eat with your phone charging right beside you. CHH is my favorite CS in MK anyway, so this works great for me!

2. Outside the Tomorrowland restrooms there is one near a wall you can sit on.

Yes, I have used all of these. I guide tour groups at WDW and need to have a charged phone so they can reach me, often after an overnight bus trip has drained it!

Keep them coming, I'm always looking for more!

I'm working alot next few weeks but when I
can get back to the parks again I plan to make a
game out of finding the outlets :-) what a great idea
you had with this thread

Ruthie

Thanks for the list. To avoid having to stop anywhere we just bring the portable chargers that either run on AAs or are rechargeable from a USB port.

My Galaxy III was able to last all day on a charge a couple of weeks ago even with very active use of the Touring Plans app. I also made sure I put it in airplane mode anytime we where I thought it would lose a signal to prevent if from spending power looking for one in vain.

If you can go an hour or two without your phones, at MK, you can charge them at City Hall for free. The CM's there will give you a ticket, and when you are ready to pick it up, you just go back and get it.

At American Adventure there are several in the room where Voices perform.

At UK there are two in the chairs by the kidcot.

Thanks for the list. To avoid having to stop anywhere we just bring the portable chargers that either run on AAs or are rechargeable from a USB port.

My Galaxy III was able to last all day on a charge a couple of weeks ago even with very active use of the Touring Plans app. I also made sure I put it in airplane mode anytime we where I thought it would lose a signal to prevent if from spending power looking for one in vain.

That's what I do. I bought one of those lithium chargers that has two usb ports so we can top-off 2 phones at once if needed. My iPhone never got below 50% and my Wife and daughter's SIIIs never got below 30% so the issue never came up.

OP, very comprehensive list...thanks. Might come in handy for charging the camcorder.

We got a solar charger that fits on the backpack. (top of a stroller would work great too!) Comes with adaptors for phones, cameras and ipods/pads. Worked great at DL and WDW this year.

SolarCharger.jpg

kaybird said:
We got a solar charger that fits on the backpack. (top of a stroller would work great too!) Comes with adaptors for phones, cameras and ipods/pads. Worked great at DL and WDW this year.

That's pretty cool! Where did you get it?

I bought 3 extra batteries. hubby and I both have a galaxy s3. i'll just swap in a fresh one when one battery dries out. I got a wall charger thing so we can charge 3 at once when we get back to the room.

That's pretty cool! Where did you get it?

We Love it! Found it on ebay, just search bicycle solar phone charger and several will come up. My son used it in the field in the Marines, I take it to Farmer's Market, and it is GREAT at Disney, (Plus all the cm's comment on how cool it is!) ;)

(copied from another thread)
Some areas including Electric Umbrella have receptacles in the floor. Usually a penny can be used to loosen the catch that lets the cover lift up.

Get a 3 prong to 2 prong adapter to use as an extension in case the prongs of your AC adapter don't reach the receptacle down below.

If you get one of those solar chargers you will need to carry it with you all the time as opposed to leave it in a stroller.

At home, it would be great in emergencies when electric power is out for extended length of time, as well.

I bought the Mophie Juice pack to charge my phone at the parks. Great investment since I use my phone a lot for pictures. It has been great this week.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter