Charges for port adventures/ Key West suggestion

misslizzy1973

Mouseketeer
Its official! I got to check in today for our May 10th Magic cruise!! EEEK!! I do have a couple of questions. I did reserve the Stingray activity online and I got a confirmation but was never asked for money. How does that work? Do we pay once we get on the ship or does it automatically go to the credit card on file? I have two different ones on file so just curious. Also, what does anyone recommend for Key West? Its me, my mom and my 7 year old. Are we better off just roaming around on our own? Thanks!!!:banana:

They charge the excursions to your on-board account. It is like room charges at a hotel. Everything you purchase on the cruise will go on the account and at the end of the cruise you settle your account. This also allows you to change or cancel your excursions on the ship.

Here is a very good link to for Key West ideas. http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3061774

I have been looking at options for Key West as well. What I found is if you want to do a trolley tour booking with Old Town Trolley tours is less online and kids are free (not the case if you book through Disney). Also I found a self guided walking tour here: http://oirf.org/page.php?p=pelican

The stop in Key West is so short I don't even know if we will actually get off the boat, but I want options.

Also, what does anyone recommend for Key West? Its me, my mom and my 7 year old. Are we better off just roaming around on our own? Thanks!!!:banana:

You could take a trolley ride. The one we did you could get on and off all day and it stops at all the must-see sights. Kids were free too!

Thanks! I was just curious how they know which card to take it from. My mom is paying ;) I guess we would just tell them where to put the charge?

Thanks! I was just curious how they know which card to take it from. My mom is paying ;) I guess we would just tell them where to put the charge?

They will have a charge on your bill for each person on the excursion separately (each KTTW card will have it's own breakdown on the final bill), and it will be charged against the credit card assigned to that person/KTTW card. If you wish to pay for something that wouldn't be on your card, just stop by Guest Services and they'll be happy to adjust the charges.

I have been looking at options for Key West as well. What I found is if you want to do a trolley tour booking with Old Town Trolley tours is less online and kids are free (not the case if you book through Disney). Also I found a self guided walking tour here: http://oirf.org/page.php?p=pelican

The stop in Key West is so short I don't even know if we will actually get off the boat, but I want options.

If it's a hot day, you will definitely want to take either the trolley,which has about 12 places to get off and on, or the Conch Train,which takes about an hour,gives you a great overview of the island,but makes no stops. You can take a pedi-cab to the BUtterfly Conservatory and the Southernmost Point in the US is just a short walk from there.
If you're a beach person,Fort Zachary Taylor State Park is just 3 minutes from the ship. There is a civil war fort there and a beautiful beach,which you passed on the way into the harbor. You can rent a chaise and umbrella or sit on the deck by the concession stand,which has good sandwiches, eat a chocolate dipped frozen key lime pie on a stick, all while watching the pelicans dive for birds in the blue- green water where the Gulf meets the Atlantic. You' re only a few minutes from the ship,but you definitely feel like you've started your vacation!:beach:

nannylori said:
If it's a hot day, you will definitely want to take either the trolley,which has about 12 places to get off and on, or the Conch Train,which takes about an hour,gives you a great overview of the island,but makes no stops. You can take a pedi-cab to the BUtterfly Conservatory and the Southernmost Point in the US is just a short walk from there.
If you're a beach person,Fort Zachary Taylor State Park is just 3 minutes from the ship. There is a civil war fort there and a beautiful beach,which you passed on the way into the harbor. You can rent a chaise and umbrella or sit on the deck by the concession stand,which has good sandwiches, eat a chocolate dipped frozen key lime pie on a stick, all while watching the pelicans dive for birds in the blue- green water where the Gulf meets the Atlantic. You' re only a few minutes from the ship,but you definitely feel like you've started your vacation!:beach:

Is this a three minute walk?

It's a three minute cab ride-no way would I personally walk it,although plenty of people do, or bike it. It's too hot and way too much time consuming to walk. I walked it once and that was enough for me.
But it is close enough that people do walk it-most bike or drive to save time and energy,:beach:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter