Charge to the bank card after the cruise..

amylia403

Disney Mommy
When we left the ship, we still had 89 dollars credit in our account that will go back on the card in a week or so. By the time we got home Disney had placed a $100 charge on our bank card. The only "after the cruise" fee I can think of that is exactly $100 is a door damage fee, but the only thing on our door was magnets! No adhesive, no over the door organizer, ...nothing but the same magnets we use every year! Now when I call, they can't find what the charge is for and I have to wait up to 2 weeks for them to get back to me :( Anyone ever have any issues like this and were they able to resolve them?

Did you have kids in the clubs? The fee for not returning the strap-on transponder was $50/each the last time we cruised. I know because we were charged it inintially, then it was later removed because we remembered at the last minute and returned it to Guest Services in the port after disembarking.

If they could not tell me what they charged me for I would call my bank and dispute the charge NOW! IT should not take two weeks and you want to start the dispute process. Tell your bank the merchant can't tell you what the charge is for.

Nope, no kids in the kids club. We are faxing a dispute form to our bank. I called DCL again today, they still have no idea what the charge is and said they have to wait for accounting to send them more information. She said it could be anything, door damage fee, maybe a fee for missing towels (Who goes on a crusie and swipes plain white towels?!:rotfl2:) They still have no idea what we were charged for. :/ It's just frustraiting as we were supposed to pay a bill when we arrived home with that money and oops...it wasn't there :confused3

You're not alone.
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3067895

Now I know I was called paranoid or something when I said this before but think for just a minute- If DCL randomly charges 5% of the people after the cruise $100 and only half of those people notice, or dispute it, how much money DCL is making. I'm not saying it's intentional, but I do know that several states have laws against grocery stores doing this, because it's such a big profit for a store to just overcharge for an item a few cents.

We used a specific cruise vacation planner the whole time. She helped me straighten out a major billing problem after our cruise. I'm not sure if you know who you worked with (I could email her any time or call her any time and she was amazing) but if you had a specific person that knew your situation, it might help.

That stinks dude. They should have an itemized print out of your on board accounts. How can it not be an item on there...

I'd raise the stink of all stinks. I'd let them know that you didn't think this was the reputation they had, that you wanted to do future trips, but now you aren't even sure you can trust them with your account information!

My husband would have them giving us the $100 plus more stuff... :furious::furious::furious:

I've had to deal with DCL accounting before and frankly, they suck. They don't issue invoices for anything, they are slow to fax anything, and I had a hard time working with them to get a charge removed from my CC.

The ladies are super nice, but their policies that they have are horrible. ("No, I can't fax you a confirmation of a removal of that charge, no there is no such thing as an invoice, no you just have to wait 60 days then dispute it w/your CC.")

Even the CMs sounded frustrated by their policies.

I make a habit of going to Guest Services late that last night/early morning and obtaining a final print out of my expenses. That way I can dispute anything that shouldn't be there. Then again, I check my account several times during the cruise. I was happy to see that you could check your account on the stateroom TV on the Fantasy but was disappointed as it was never correct or up to date (they never showed my OBC which unnerved me).

Oh and I don't have little ones (no worries on lost bracelets) and I don't use the wave phones, so no issues with last minutes charges.

We did stop by guest services before leaving the ship, so the charge was dumped our card after we got off. DCL can't even see what its for because it wasn't anything on our folio :(

Anyone know if it's possible to just have charges applied to room fee, then at end of cruise pay for those with my gift card? Heard it takes a few days to have unused balance put back on the gift card if you give them the gift card at beginning of cruise and do not use the whole amount.

Anyone know if it's possible to just have charges applied to room fee, then at end of cruise pay for those with my gift card? Heard it takes a few days to have unused balance put back on the gift card if you give them the gift card at beginning of cruise and do not use the whole amount.

You will need to provide some kind of payment amount or payment method up front in order to make charges. You can leave a credit card and then pay with a gift card, but be aware that when you room charge balance reaches a certain amount (I think it is $500) they will charge whatever card they have. So you could carefully monitor spending and have Guest Services charge the gift card when you reach, say, $450.

You will need to provide some kind of payment amount or payment method up front in order to make charges. You can leave a credit card and then pay with a gift card, but be aware that when you room charge balance reaches a certain amount (I think it is $500) they will charge whatever card they have. So you could carefully monitor spending and have Guest Services charge the gift card when you reach, say, $450.

I just heard you can use gift cards in the gift shop. Anyone know if this a fact or fiction?

I have been wondering the same thing. We will have enough OBC to cover our tips, plus some. I won't be purchasing any drinks, and am not much of a souvenir shopper. I might buy a photo or two, but no more than that because our entire family isn't going, just DD and I. I don't want a bunch of photos of just the two of us.

I don't anticipate owing much beyond our OBC, if anything. Is it possible to just leave some cash, and then get it back at the end?

I have been wondering the same thing. We will have enough OBC to cover our tips, plus some. I won't be purchasing any drinks, and am not much of a souvenir shopper. I might buy a photo or two, but no more than that because our entire family isn't going, just DD and I. I don't want a bunch of photos of just the two of us.

I don't anticipate owing much beyond our OBC, if anything. Is it possible to just leave some cash, and then get it back at the end?

You can just check the 'pay in cash' box on your KTTW account. They will use all the OBC first, and then if you have charges, after a certain amount is reached ($300? $500?) they'll send you a message or call and tell you to put some money on it. If you never get a call, just go to GS on or before the last night and settle up.

Nancy

You can just check the 'pay in cash' box on your KTTW account. They will use all the OBC first, and then if you have charges, after a certain amount is reached ($300? $500?) they'll send you a message or call and tell you to put some money on it. If you never get a call, just go to GS on or before the last night and settle up.

Nancy

It's $300 they'll extend then you need to pay in order to be able to keep charging on your KTTW card.

OP, did you have airline luggage fees? That happened to my parents. They were paying cash & settled up the night before. They got a letter after arriving home saying they owed $ for luggage fees. They were flying 1st class & knew they wouldn't have luggage fees so it took some time to straighten it all out but it was a pain.
Now they know if they fly FC they need to tell GS the last night so they're not charged luggage fees.

Nancy

The grand kids would be having their own gift cards, and would only want their charges to come out of their cards.

From the sounds of it you are short $189? Could the pillow have fallen under the bed and gotten lost?

Nancy

That's perfect, thank you! :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!